Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTrippleM
Lunatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: West Virginia (transplant...
Questions regarding Wild Bird Seed technique ???
    #4554644 - 08/19/05 09:09 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

It's been almost 4 weeks since inoculation of my substrate (pennington's wild bird feed prepared as per the WBS tech on this site). The strain of P.C. I'm using is Koh Samui Thailand Super Strain. I was generous during inoculation (about 2 cc's for each quart jar). I'm keeping the temp in my incubation chamber in the mid 80's and the humidity has been maintained high.  First signs of growth appeared within 3 days.  About 6 days later I shook all the jars really well to further spread colonization but here's where problem #1 starts:

1) colonization completely stopped in 3 of the jars (3 of 7 wide mouth quart jars) - leading me to wonder the following:

a) could excessive shaking somehow "traumatize" the mycelium and actually be counter-productive to continued growth?  or...

b) another possibility occurred to me: the foil covers on top of my lids were "pretty tight" (I eventually loosend them up a bit)  could a lack of gas exchange slow down (or even stop) the mycelium growth?  I'm unsure as to how much I should allow the jars to be able to "breath" ?

and lastly,  how long is the colonized substrate viable using properly prepared WBS? In other words, if I wanted to put off casing my magic substrate 2-3 weeks from now (keeping in mind its been 3 weeks since initial inoculation), would there still be plenty of nutrients to produce a few healthy flushes?

Any comments/help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Shroom on!

Tripple M

P.S T.H.E is the best ! :smile:

--------------------
This is a "role-playing" forum, right?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions regarding Wild Bird Seed technique ??? [Re: TrippleM]
    #4554653 - 08/19/05 09:15 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

READ ABOUT SHAKING JARS - HERE:

Once a WBS jar is fully colonized, you can stall it - by placing it in your refigerator, in a storage bag

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation