Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Terence McKenna: another egomaniac [Re: mecreateme]
    #4559793 - 08/20/05 05:59 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

OK, I stand corrected: millions of people is "not very many".

LSD delusion or ketamine delusion: neither one scares any government. E.C.C. (Earth Coincidence Control) is pure fiction.

Lilly was not into Ketamine until later in his life.
False. He first experimented with it in the '60s. Due to the success of his personal metaprogramming, he morphed into a full-blown ketamine addict later in life.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Terence McKenna: another egomaniac [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4559806 - 08/20/05 06:07 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I do like Terence Mckenna, but I see your point.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Terence McKenna: another egomaniac [Re: Swami]
    #4559829 - 08/20/05 06:16 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

How many people have you spoke to in real life conversation about Lilly? Unless I was in a psychedelic inclined environment, i.e. festival or workshop or whatever, I have not found very many people that know of Lilly. Many tripper friends have never heard of the guy. At least you could give some respect to Lilly and not mix up his works, especially if you have read his work. So he experimented with Ketamine once, so now his LSD papers are ketamine delusions? Wow, you throw so much knowledge away it is incredible.

So can I get an answer? A simple yes or no will do. Or do I have to wait for pages upon pages... I only asked a simple question. I would think any fluffernaut could answer it.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Terence McKenna: another egomaniac [Re: mecreateme]
    #4559886 - 08/20/05 06:40 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

So he experimented with Ketamine once,
He injected ketamine multiple times every day for almost a year.

Wow, you throw so much knowledge away it is incredible.
Throw away? Fiction is NOT knowledge. Believing we are controlled by inter or supra-dimensional galactic beings has no basis in fact. Lilly went to the funny farm for a while and NOT because world leaders quaked before his unveiled "truth".

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Terence McKenna: another egomaniac [Re: Swami]
    #4559928 - 08/20/05 06:54 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

He injected ketamine multiple times every day for almost a year.

You wanna start argueing about timeline, and about nuances of language. You are not looking back and considering what has already been said. I see more stroking... :sherm: Do you really wanna make conversation or just be a meanie? I recognized this fact, ohhh a couple of posts ago. As I read it it happened in the 80s. I again ask you, does experimenting with ketamine a few times in the 60s make his book that was written mainly with the influence of LSD and isolation tanks a ketamine delusion? I bet I won't get an answer(or is that the magic phrase!?!)

Fiction is NOT knowledge
I don't know about you, but I experience and learn even when I read fiction. Experience is experience, whether it happened or not. Once you have understood that something can happen that is one more step towards embracing it if it does happen, not to say it will.

Please put not more words in mouths.

You know I think we can get five or more pages on this, seeing as how Swami doesn't answer people's questions. I ask again, can the question be answered or will we be forced to play this out on the playground? I hate when grown people resort to child politics.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineLuke
thought

Loc: the Well
Re: Terence McKenna: another egomaniac [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4561686 - 08/21/05 04:01 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
I have been listening to Terence McKenna mp3s at work again lately. I have a job where i can just listen to shit all day if I want to.

I am not liking him so much anymore. My main beef with him these days is how he keeps describing his own trips as though they are "the" trips. He says what he experiences on each drug and then says well that is what people in general experience and that just isn't so. He says mushrooms are about alien intelligence and show visions of huge machines orbiting planets in outer space. No Terence. That is what you see because you are a fan of science fiction. I mean sometimes that is what I see on Mushrooms, but usually I see all sorts of different things, and the trip is always different. I hate that. I hate that he projects his own experiences.

In another recording today he had the nerve to criticize another famous author's descriptions of the psychedelic dimension as being exactly the same only with cars that are 9' wide. Screw you Terence. If that is what that guy experiences that is what he experiences. Terence McKenna was totally full of himself as much as he liked to posture humility.

Well ive experience alternate dimensions on shrooms. Where I am (quantum) AI technology, I am a virtual simulation. I should explian it farther.

What do you all think?

All our trips are collected together in collective consciousness. So no wonder it impacts others psyches.

These drugs allow use the ability to access other reality tunnels.
Reality tunnels are a complex model of collective consciousness.
On how we are all connected, even through alternate dimensions and the thought of us being one collective being. Basically travelling through reality tunnels will expand what you know of time space.

What do you all think?

Edited by Luke (08/21/05 05:21 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order