Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Newbie]
    #4563138 - 08/21/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cased for 2 weeks, still nothing. [Re: ]
    #4563270 - 08/21/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The water used in perlite humidification should be maintained at half the depth of the perlite. Go ahead and lightly mist above your cakes so the mist gently falls on them just like nature :wink: GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: Cased for 2 weeks, still nothing. [Re: hyphae]
    #4563584 - 08/21/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Will do.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Cased for 2 weeks, still nothing. [Re: Newbie]
    #4563610 - 08/21/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The top of one of the cakes is looking a little blue. Hopefully just a little bruising. The casing looks...old. That's the only way I can really describe it.,

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4563703 - 08/21/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Bluing of the cakes can very often be a result of being too dry also.
Myc thrives in a nearly saturated environment FYI. :wink:

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4564535 - 08/21/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
The other day I finally decided to put a frozen water bottle in and it dropped from 86 to 73, but I'm havng trouble maintaining that.

Get two water bottles. Keep one in the freezer at all times and the other in the fruiting chamber. Rotate them every time you fan, or like two or three times a day. Should keep it fairly maintained.

Good Luck

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Cased for 2 weeks, still nothing. [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4565509 - 08/22/05 12:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's what I have been doing for about a week now. Granted I haven't been completely consistent but I have been trying to keep the temps under 80 as much as possible.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#4565611 - 08/22/05 01:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this, I figured the cakes would do SOMETHING, but I guess I have a hell of a lot more to learn.  Let's hope I can get my last invitro jar to work.  lol you know I'm REALLY bad at growing things if I can't even get that one to work :frown:

Is there anything else I can do to save these?  I'd hate to just chuck em.  The casing looks gray, almost like the myc have shrunk and got hard.  Doesn't looks contaminated, just...old.  Same with the cakes, it looks crispy rather than soft, which I don't understand because there should have been PLENTY of moisture between my misting and saturated perlite.  I wanna try a "well"...I saw it in a grow log.  I apologize, I can't remember whose but it looks like a good idea for my situation.  Any help is greatly appreciated as I don't want to be the only one without a successful 1st grow :frown:

Edited by Newbie (08/22/05 02:03 AM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4566028 - 08/22/05 09:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Like it's been said you do not want saturated perlite #1.
#2 Your cakes need high RH 95%+ to flourish, is your FC (fruiting chamber) sealed well to hold in humidity between mistings?
#3 several light misting are better than one heavy misting always.
Like I said go ahead and mist thous cakes several times a day until you notice pins developing. You may have to drain water out of your perlite every few days also. Another wise tek is the dunk and roll/double ending. Proper water delivery is one of the "moist" important things one can learn here :wink: Again GL

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Cased for 2 weeks, still nothing. [Re: hyphae]
    #4566099 - 08/22/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

IT's such a bitch draining the perlite. I gotta turn the whole aquarium on it's side and it gets all messy :P.

I have a shower curtain (plastic) covering it...it's not airtight but it hugs the sides pretty well.

It's confusing because some days after misting it will stay damp on the sides of the aquarium, and other days it just dries up.

Edited by Newbie (08/22/05 09:48 AM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4566319 - 08/22/05 11:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Pick up a turkey baster there under $2 or so anyways. The moisture on the sides is no reflection of the RH inside the FC it is only condensation resulting from temperature differences between the inside and outside of the FC. Try saran, plexiglas or a pane of glass. Sounds to me your drier than you want to be. GL

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix