Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Nocturnal mushies, what a mindf**k
    #4552091 - 08/18/05 04:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Not even expecting the mushrooms to grow, I was pretty excited about this trip, during the fruiting stage they had been left in complete darkness without being checked at all (unfortunately timed vacation). The exact dose is not certain, but estimated to weigh around 3.5-4g's of  Z-strain. The harvest was small, but it was a harvest none the less, my friend who had tried the batch previously told me that the trip was a little "weird" but it's really something you have to experience first hand. For the first part of this trip report I'll post the times, once I get to a certain point, I'll have to stop, as time distortion made it impossible to estimate how much time has passed, and lack of caring at the time prevented me from checking any clocks or anything. So off I go with my friends (who agreed to trip sit) into a forested wilderness area and I take my first dose

We sit down and start smoking a small bowl, I take my first dose of 1-1.5g's and sit back and wait for the mush to take affect. This is also the point in the trip where I learned to check the baggies I put my shrooms in, having to eat 4g's accompanied by the ever soo subtle flavour of roach and ash is never fun.

Still nothing much, though there's something... No visuals, staring to notice a slight change of thoughts, we get to a bench and sit down to smoke a second bowl.

Very little visuals still, everything seems funny, the sun feels warm and just generaly has an all around good feeling to it. Still, nothing new or anything, still feeling very mild, hmmm, look at that, if I concentrate I can see the ground beyond that hill is moving, we go for a walk and I eat another 1g. 

[2:00... maybe?]
Time distortion has really started to set in, how long have we been walking for? Where are we going, I know where I am, but have no idea where it is in relation to everything else, o well, I know the area well, and I know that if we continue walking I'll eventualy recognize something. Still very few visuals, unless I look at the clouds, but I don't care, I'm enjoying being able to laugh about almost everything.
Even if the shrooms don't do much more, this was deffinitely worth the money to have another 6 hours of this :laugh:

By now measuring time had become more or less impossible, thankful that I had sitters who were able to keep track of the time for me and tell me when to dose again, I ate the last gram as we walked back to our bench.

We got back to the bench and all was well, still, not a whole lot was happening, conversation was fun, and we were all laughing, then it hit me, objects in the background began twitching, vibrating, and splitting into double vision, suddenly conversation was starting to become less entertaining and I could tell that something big was about to hit me fast so I took had something to drink and tried to get ready to trip like I've never tripped before.

Suddenly everything stopped getting stronger, I had thought that I had reached the peak and that this would be it, soon I started to feel a little uneasy with a slight bit of nausia, I decided there and then that if I did puke then I probably wouldn't care too much, and decided that if I continue thinking about it then it would only get worse so I got up to walk around for a bit. Feeling a little shakey I stood up and stumbled out into the sun, the brighter light took some of the harshness out of the visuals, but this was minimal.

With a mild discomfort building up in my jaw and a slight pressure in my head I continued to walk around the immediate area, exploring, and just trying to keep my mind off the thought of puking. Me and my friend found a small set of stairs which just ended and went nowhere (which was apparently pretty trippy, even to those not mushing) and a fallen down tree. Suddenly all the discomfort seemed to leave me and I was in an almost child-like state as we climed on the tree, and I got lost in the colours on the bark, as well as all the tiny insects crawling on the tree. It was at this point that I first got a sense of being disconnected and unaware of myself, my friend has wanted to walk up the part of the tree I was standing on and told me so, completely unaware of myself being directly in his way told him to go ahead. Noticing I still hadn't moved, he repeated himself, wondering why he felt the need to tell me that he wanted to climb on the tree again, I told him to go ahead and that I wasn't going to stop him. Oh, wait a second, at one point my self had a body, and that body just happense to be standing in the way. I moved over to another section of the tree. Feeling as if I had perfected balance I began walking over the fallen tree effortlessly, it was only when my friend said I looked really off balance that I became aware that my legs were in fact very shakey, and I began to feel the pressure in my jaw, uneasiness, and shakeyness, d**n, just when I though these things were hitting me at full strength, again I find myself looking for a comfortable spot to sit so I could relax and just let it come, take the weight off my legs so I wouldn't be aware of the shakeyness and just wait for he discomfort to pass. As I walked the 4ft between the small set of stairs and the broken tree the ground stared to become very alive, there were insects, or dots, or specs, or something small running all over the leaves, which seemed to be just blending into eachother to make an organized pattern, I sat down and tried to get comfortable.

Staring at the ground I saw a small catarpillar-like dragon crawling out of his in the ground to fight with and devour a large ant, as the creature chewed it's prey I felt my body separate into sections, I don't remember how many sections, but each section slowly floated back and then reconnected itself as I slipped into an almost trance-like state. Sitting there not moving, not speaking I stared down at the step infront of me, as detailed images started to form on the step directly infront of me. At first it was random dots of yellows and purples, but then they morphed into a picture of a woman, nobody that I could recognize, the picture was only of her from slightly below the shoulders and up, patterns were forming around her, and I for some reason thought of money, or currency, something about the pattern I was seeing made me think of a bill or something, something about the pattern just reminded me of a bill of some sort.

With everything moving around me, and the ground becoming even more chaotic by the second I continued to stare at the step, and that's when I felt a feeling of being disconnected from my body again, stronger than before, this time I was also disconnected from my brain, as if my brain had switched itself onto autopilot and I was able to just sit back and let my brain take care of itself while I stared off blankly, without thinking about anything at all, I was disconnecting from everything, not just my body and mind, but my environment around me, I can't explain it, but something just told me that I was disconnecting from everything, I knew that my body was still uncomfortable, and I knew that I still had the tension and the visuals were only becoming more chaotic and harder to look at, but at the same time I didn't care, I wasn't really registering these feelings as I would normally, my body can deal with the discomfort, I myself don't seem to care too much, something about this state of mind, the discomfort my body was in, and the fact that I hadn't moved or said anything in what felt like 2-3 hours just felt right. It wasn't anything in particular about it, but it just felt right.

Slowly I became aware of myself again and stood back up to go for a small walk, now fully aware and bothered by the discomfort I was in. I went and sat down on the bench again and just stared off into the trees waiting for things to stop shifting and vibrating, quickly moving double vision can be very hard to look at. I spent the rest of the peak waiting for the discomfort to leave me and for my vision to relax a bit, afterwhich I enjoyed that wonderful mushroom comedown I've come to love so much.

One thing I would like to point out before was that, although I didn't mention it in the report, the trip was very up and down, not the usual come up, peak, come down. I have had Z-strain before that had been grown in day light, and the pattern in which the intensity of the trip went seemed different, this trip seemed to have a longer come up which leveled off for quite awhile, and then began to come up very quickly, only to level off, drop down, and then finaly peaked, unly to drop down quickly, level off, and then a very slow and long come down. Come down seemed to last forever, and I can't exacly say how long it took for me to come down completely.

Whether or not this pattern is just a coincidence or the result of growing them in the dark I don't know, but I think it might be worth looking into a little more, if it hasn't been already.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports