Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hookah, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
L ucy in the S ky with D iamonds
    #4551754 - 08/18/05 03:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Substance: LSD
Dosage: 1 and 1/3 hit of white unperfed

Hello fellow psychonauts.

Last weekend I dropped acid for the first time.  First some background on me and the setting.  I've been smoking weed for almost 4 years now and have shroomed 3 times.  I recently got my hands on 4 hits of lsd, 3 of them were these little spheres, and one was thin and white.  I wanted to shroom atleast once more before I tried acid since my 2nd shroom trip was horribly bad (at the time, but upon reflecting, very eye-opening).  I wanted a little more experience to learn control and how to let go.  Unfortunately I could not get my hands on mushrooms so I bit the bullet and decided to do the LSD.

I had been planning this trip all summer, originally we were supposed to shroom, but the LSD would have to be enough.  There was a meteor shower last thursday and friday, and I being an astronomy enthusiast was naturally very interested in observing it.  2 of my closest friends and I decided to go on this trip together.  We found a secluded park, and an even more secluded camp-site which we rented for a night.  We prepared everything.  Food, water, tent, sleeping bags, hookah, bud, flashlights, music, TELESCOPE, pair of big astronomical binoculars...and of course Lucy.

One of my 2 friends came with me about 5 pm to get the campsite set up, my other friend was busy until a bit later.  We got all the camping gear set up and waited.  The sun set, and we became worried, the gate at the park supposedly closes at sunset, so we thought our friend had not made it through, so we decided to start without him, we each took half a hit.  About half an hour later my other friend arrived, and we were all really happy because we wanted to do this together.  He took a whole hit and we took the 2nd half of ours.  Half an hour later, and 1 hour after the first half, we were not feeling anything, so we decided to split the last hit 3 ways, it was the white hit.

20 minutes after that nothing was happening, we were chillin around the hookah, watching the moon set.  It was a half moon, and it was right over a large mountain close to us.  *Have you ever seen a moonset?*  We did that night, the moon set in about 10 seconds from when its bottom corner touched the mountain, it got considerably darker really fast, it was one of the msot amazing things I've seen.  RIGHT as it set, I am NOT kidding you, the LSD kicked in.  It was like there was a *CLICK* right as the moon dissappeared, and it was like "Hello Acid!  How do you do?"

I hadn't tripped in about 5 months, and only 3 times up until then, so tripping is still new to me, and I had somewhat forgotten what it felt like.  I do think that in some aspects the experience is similar to mushrooms, but I can not really describe the differences.  I think it was a low dose, but it was very sufficient.
After all of us were feeling the LSD kick in, we decided to eat some, we were all hungry and we had been worried about nausia during the come-up.  We had alot of fruits, and they were all deliscious, especially strawberries.  Through all this time there were alot of animal sounds around us which were a little scary in the beginning, but alot easier to deal with on LSD, you just accept them as a part of nature and natural, and yourself as another part of nature.  It just feels normal on some unconscious level we have forgotten. 

One of the bigger overtones of the trip was nature vs. civilization.  I contemplated alot on that issue, and it then turned into just thinking about life.  For one thing, LSD really turns you inward while, for me, mushrooms turn me outward.  I started thinking about myself as a living being, and about the evolution that happened to get me here from some single cellular organism.  I understood how evolution had created intelligence and my brain on a very detailed level, and I believe I still have that information, but it's going to take alot of getting high and thinking about it.
We decided to lie down and look at the stars.  They were gorgeous.  That is what prompted me to title this trip report "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"  We listened to this beautiful song while looking at the stars in the sky on LSD and understood that the song was about exacly that :smile:  Tripping on Acid and looking at the Stars  :grin: :grin: :grin:
We listened to Nonthing lasts, but nothing is lost, the 3rd album by Shpongle, and it was absolutely beautiful with the clean air, dark and starry sky, meteorites, nature, and LSD. 
At one point in the night we turned off the music and were just listening to nature, when all of a sudden a coyote started howling, then ALL the coyotes in a 5 mile circle joined in.  There were SOOO many of them, and they were so loud, but they were beautiful, they were nature.  We were not afraid, we were in awe, we just sat in silence and listened to the sounds of nature.

The rest of the night was spent in just wandering about existance and the universe, staring at the stars and bathing in the bauty of the universe we exist in.  It was a great first experience and I can't wait till my next date with Lucy.

I think the most important factor of this trip was the setting and the preparation.  We had planned it perfectly, we knew nothing could have gone wrong, and nothing did.  It was my friend's first time trying anything other than pot, and he really enjoyed it, now he finally understands why I am drawn to psychedelics.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

Edited by OneMoreRobot3021 (08/25/05 12:16 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: L ucy in the S ky with D iamonds [Re: shpongled1]
    #4564045 - 08/21/05 09:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Actually Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is the title of a picture Lennon's son had drawn in elementary school. Weird coincidence, huh? Anyway, awesome trip report!  :thumbup:

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: L ucy in the S ky with D iamonds [Re: Oddish]
    #4564275 - 08/21/05 10:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Good report man. Yeah I wish I could get a friend of mine to trip with me. He has before, but not the right setting, like yours. Now he just think drugs a just "a rollercoaster ride"......

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

OfflineSpanielmander
Stranger thanfiction
 User Gallery
Loc: PA/NYC
Re: L ucy in the S ky with D iamonds [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4565434 - 08/22/05 02:31 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Oddish: The Beatles (and especially Lennon) were known for telling cheeky lies to the media about stuff like that. The entire band was really really cautious about their image after Paul got in a lot of trouble for admitting he'd smoked pot - parents were outraged, records were burned (see also: bigger than Jesus).

My take is that, yeah, there might have been a drawing, but Lennon was too smart, and too good with words, not to realize that the title of the song abbreviated spelled LSD.

--------------------
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
~Stephen Crane

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: L ucy in the S ky with D iamonds [Re: Spanielmander]
    #4571121 - 08/23/05 04:04 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Spanielmander said:
Oddish: The Beatles (and especially Lennon) were known for telling cheeky lies to the media about stuff like that. The entire band was really really cautious about their image after Paul got in a lot of trouble for admitting he'd smoked pot - parents were outraged, records were burned (see also: bigger than Jesus).

My take is that, yeah, there might have been a drawing, but Lennon was too smart, and too good with words, not to realize that the title of the song abbreviated spelled LSD.

No doubt... Whether the picture exists or not... the song is still about LSD.

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: L ucy in the S ky with D iamonds [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #4571399 - 08/23/05 05:38 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

There's the picture. :smile:

InvisibleJasonV
Stranger

Loc: In Learyfan's gimp chest
    #4571800 - 08/23/05 07:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery.

I also tried LSD for the first time about not too long ago. It's was beyond words. :heart:

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: L ucy in the S ky with D iamonds [Re: JasonV]
    #4594382 - 08/29/05 09:23 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Very happy for you man, well done. Thats a freakin awesome trip report... I'd like to have a genuine go at Lucy some time, I've never been able to get the good stuff, its all been 100 mics or less (yes i know, your feeling my pain :frown:

being back to nature is what its all about.

id love to read more of your reports, do us up another one some time!

peace and love

Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
Re: L ucy in the S ky with D iamonds [Re: indica]
    #4595163 - 08/29/05 03:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I haven't been checking this thread becaue initally it didn't get much notice, but I really do appreciate the replies.  I could have written it alot better both grammar and content wise, so thanks for putting up with it. :smile:

I will write another one (a better one hopefully :wink: ) as soon as I can get my hands on some mushrooms, or LSD.  I'm going back to school soon so there I should be able to "travel" more often because the atmosphere there is alot more relaxes, there are more places to comfortably do it.
I know that the Beatles say that Lucy is not about LSD, but I mean come on... listen to the words, and they so aptly described where we were and what we were doing, lucy was our LSD and the sky with diamonds was the starry sky.
I still get dizzy thinking about it.  Your brain isn't made to percieve things without a top and bottom, when I was looking up at the stars, I was completely disoriented because my ENTIRE field of vision was stars, and my field of vision was stretched so wide, it was beyond words.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

OfflineCissyMalfoy
Crazy FugitiveOn The Loose
 User Gallery

Loc: Dublin
    #4643159 - 09/10/05 08:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Man. Woah.
That sounds like such an amazing trip! Ive never even considered LSD because i dont know much about them an i dont like the idea of taking more chemical type drugs (pills, injections...), sticking to more natural drugs (hash, shrooms...) instead.

Quote:

Your brain isn't made to percieve things without a top and bottom, when I was looking up at the stars, I was completely disoriented because my ENTIRE field of vision was stars, and my field of vision was stretched so wide, it was beyond words.

That is probably one of the most profound things i have ever read. I have got to read more of your posts. Looking forward to your nexxt trip report! :mushroom2:  :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hookah, Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports