Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

Twin Messiahs
    #4549568 - 08/18/05 01:19 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I know they are 17 or dead by now, but if you havent heard about them you should really read the whole article here.
They are two twelve year old twins who lead a messianic village and 'Gods Army'
I have a great deal of interest in messianism and would like to hear how yall value them. Ill list a few of my general assumptions/opinions about them and then shut up.
I hardly find it debatable that a true messiah would be good for humanity. I think the first real debate is whether a messiah is possible at all. Im not objected to people having greater spiritual abilities than others, but to worship of a singular entity of god bothers me. But then again, I know people wouldnt understand a system that said everyone was the messiah. That all I guess, let me know what you think and Ill get more specific.

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Twin Messiahs [Re: LittleBen]
    #4549815 - 08/18/05 02:25 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It bothers me as well, to focus on a singular entity that represents god. We are all a part of the puzzle and with a peice missing in the puzzle it doesn't full. Sure, the world can get by without a peice but I believe the world accounts for everyone and provides everyone with an essential role. I don't think people realise just how important they are.

I like the way deepak chopra put it once...
"There's no spare parts in the universe" ~ Deepak Chopra (M.D and all round guru.)

The matrix is a good representation of "The One". As he grows more and more into the idea that he is the one, it becomes all consuming. As he expands, so does his shadow (agent smith) who consumes the beings of those roles Neo is replacing.

I'm going to read the article now.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Twin Messiahs [Re: iambobby]
    #4549890 - 08/18/05 02:48 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I think the expansion of agent smith represents neos blind movement towards saving the world. Everytime he tries harder to save the world the larger he becomes and agent smith occupying those beings is those people being cancelled out. He doesn't realise everytime he saves someone he takes away their power. Saving people weakens them. I have had messianic tendencies myself but never deluded to think that I am the only one. I feel like a buddha out of hundreds of thousands of millions of buddhas. I don't save either. I model.

That article is scary. I think a question that often comes to the mind of a messiah is, if I don't do it, who will? Can I rely on somebody else to make things right? No, I better do it myself and fly ignorantly through the streets, creating a cyclonic rift behind me, destroying everything in my pathway in order to save trinity.

I feel Neo lost in the end. He loved trinity but he let the fears of morpheous and the idea of the world coming to an end rip him away from his love.

Eventually Neo broke through the code and could do his magic even in the real world and sure he killed smith for the agreement for peace. But innevitability is innevitability and maybe smith would have self imploded from boredom and the whole 'matrix' would have learnt to choose peace itself without Neos involvement whatsoever.

Anyways, Neo's fictional but I think that movie has some great lessons in it that are based on what I feel to be a real spiritual progression.

At the core of this however is that there is even a problem in the first place and something that needs to be fixed. Realising this is what saved me from myself and waging a war on the system. Now I only desire to align with the tao which I believe aligns me with my true nature, purpose and ultimate habitat.

Just some thoughts.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology