Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Fan
    #4548837 - 08/17/05 10:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

SWIM has the cakes with 4 100% verm casing. Now the cakes seem to be OK, The casings are 3 or 4 days in now with nothing. Now the thing I want to ask is Fanning I do it almost 10 times or more a day and I mist with a real fine mister. Now should I fan so much? is there a good way to get constant air exchange with out a ultrasonic humidifier? I have Polly-fill and tyvek. Also should I move the cakes to another FC? Or is humidity THAT BIG of deal?

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Suburbia
Re: Fan [Re: thremix]
    #4549661 - 08/18/05 01:43 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It's more the air exchange that's a big deal...as I'm learning the hard way. Perlite and water usually does the trick for humidity.

Edited by Newbie (08/18/05 01:43 AM)

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Fan [Re: Newbie]
    #4551128 - 08/18/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

any more info?

--------------------

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Invisiblewise_gardener
Stranger
Male
Re: Fan [Re: thremix]
    #4551158 - 08/18/05 12:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

don't make any air exange during casing colinization. Co2 level must be high, as in mason jar. Only change air if temperature became too high. Your mycelium will grow faster in casing. Begin to change air when it's time to form primordia! Those one need some fresh air, and continue to air in crooping. Air exange during primordia must be very high. During crooping, moderate to high. Keep an eye on your humidity during primordia. It can be hard to keep humidity at 95-100% with a big deal of fresh air.

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Fan [Re: wise_gardener]
    #4551172 - 08/18/05 12:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

the casings are already in the FC although it's no fruiting. It's in there with two cakes though so I don't know if that really a bad thing or no. Should My friend get a cool mist humidifier?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation