Home | Community | Message Board


Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineblazedasheetup
Stranger
Registered: 06/25/05
Posts: 30
Last seen: 9 years, 6 months
safe to eat?
    #4547196 - 08/17/05 05:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hello i have this mushrooms growing and there is some mold in the system so ive picked up the worst looking young ones and sliced them in the middle and im asking... are they safe to eat? [my oppinion is no, but i would very much like to eat some so im just givin it a try :smile: ]



Edited by blazedasheetup (08/17/05 05:14 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezacharia
Stranger
Registered: 07/14/05
Posts: 3
Last seen: 12 years, 9 months
Re: safe to eat? [Re: blazedasheetup]
    #4548324 - 08/17/05 09:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

My recommendation would be to try and identify the mold that is in your system. The problem is that if there is mold in the system, it undoubtably is on your 'shrooms. At least if you knew what kind of mold it was, you would know the hazard involved.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblazedasheetup
Stranger
Registered: 06/25/05
Posts: 30
Last seen: 9 years, 6 months
Re: safe to eat? [Re: zacharia]
    #4551534 - 08/18/05 02:26 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

how can i identify the mold? its kinda greenish but i thing a lot of bacteria produce such mold... any links would be very much apreciated


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Registered: 01/31/03
Posts: 15,738
Re: safe to eat? *DELETED* [Re: blazedasheetup]
    #4552323 - 08/18/05 06:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by TheHateCamel

Reason for deletion: re



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Registered: 03/26/03
Posts: 42,035
Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Last seen: 23 days, 20 hours
Trusted Cultivator
Re: safe to eat? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #4558019 - 08/20/05 09:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If you have any doubts, just boil them into tea. That will kill any live mold or bacteria. As for green, there are no green molds that are toxic to humans. Of course, if you're allergic to penicillin, don't eat any mushrooms that have penicillium on them. If not, they're safe. Commercial mushroom farms always get trichoderma, and they don't throw away the fruits, nor does the FDA even suggest they do.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblazedasheetup
Stranger
Registered: 06/25/05
Posts: 30
Last seen: 9 years, 6 months
Re: safe to eat? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4559547 - 08/20/05 04:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hello again and thanx for the replies! so..... lets say that the shrooms are contaminated with whatever bact. if i extract the psilocybin in alcohol will it be safe to trip with it?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Registered: 05/20/05
Posts: 681
Loc: the moon
Last seen: 2 years, 1 month
Re: safe to eat? [Re: blazedasheetup]
    #4560666 - 08/20/05 10:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

you'd be better off making tea my friend


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblazedasheetup
Stranger
Registered: 06/25/05
Posts: 30
Last seen: 9 years, 6 months
Re: safe to eat? [Re: theBRINK]
    #4577921 - 08/25/05 07:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ok! i made half of my dried shrooms into 2 teas one with water and one with alcohol [vodka], [boiled liquid, left it cool for a short while and put the shrooms in, then strained the solids and evaporated the liquids to a one shot amount]

would any possible contaminant be gone with that procedure?
sorry ive asked it alot of times but as you say, better safe than sorry


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* i'm allergic to penicillin will that be a problem with shrooms? xoppx 3,480 8 11/03/09 11:43 AM
by Smawrpg
* Can anyone identify what kind of mold this is? KoOs 622 2 05/13/02 10:22 PM
by Karen
* Will these be safe to eat? shroomer0187 1,612 6 05/26/02 10:41 PM
by DRman123
* God damned penicillin mad genius 1,122 4 12/16/07 06:38 PM
by mad genius
* Mycelium overcame brown contamination..safe to eat ERaSMuS 2,527 4 05/02/02 10:38 AM
by MAIA
* Toss it? Or are they okay to eat? si1988crx 1,260 4 05/08/03 11:41 PM
by si1988crx
* Is it safe to eat? daussaulit 1,506 10 03/09/03 10:21 AM
by djd586
* Eating old contaminated shrooms dump19 4,663 4 05/30/01 02:05 AM
by nononsense

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
869 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2018 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 19 queries.