Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTamrylin
Loc: USA, East Coast
Trip w/o hallucinogens
    #453280 - 11/09/01 06:55 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ive been experimenting alot with just meditating without drugs.. I mean, if you meditate long enough and hard enough, you start tripping in a way... Its like, ,voices started talking to me a couple times, i saw about level 2 closed eye visuals.. And it gets really weird.. I even feel really numb when it starts working.. I hope i get better at doing this meditation thing..

--------------------
Tangerine trees and marmalade skies...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Trip w/o hallucinogens [Re: Tamrylin]
    #453527 - 11/09/01 11:08 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

that's the plan! i'm in a similar state i think, i've had quite a few "strange" or "trippy" experiences in meditation...you know it doesn't have to be some big spiritual quest or anything it's just interesting finding out what's going on inside, don't you think? anyway it takes practice, and i need more!

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Trip w/o hallucinogens [Re: Traveller]
    #453672 - 11/10/01 02:30 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I've always wanted to meditate, and was going to start...however i had a bad drug experiance and it kinda scared hte shit out of me. Since then ive had some deep thoguhts that have effected my physically. I came to a realization of what we wern't and it litterally made me not able to see strait i freaked out had no where to run and found myself on the floor in the morning. What i thought i found out was of course fake, but it hit me so incredibly hard it sucked. I had no where to run. I was not going to sober up, this was reality. This is what scares me, no where to run, when reality becomes the bad thing. Anyways my drug use is done, and i think i would like to start now. lol.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #453882 - 11/10/01 11:20 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

bukwyrm sez:
robert masters & jean houston _mind games_

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

Re: Trip w/o hallucinogens [Re: tak]
    #454233 - 11/10/01 06:11 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Reality is never bad, it's only when our fears and beliefs (the two are related) come into conflict with reality (especially in an altered state) that experience becomes 'bad'.

'Tripping' off meditation is easy, but only if the tripping is not the goal, but merely a step. If you make tripping the goal, tripping is hard to attain (because we have a cultural belief that goals take /work/). If you were to make some place /beyond/ tripping as the 'goal', say enlightenment, then you will find that tripping is just an intermediary step. As buddhists tell their desciples, touch the visions and then let them go; do not dwell within or upon them. Hallucinations are the purest form of distraction - think of them as a mental lock, not the door, just the lock.

I can trip due to meditation, but once you define it as an intermediary step, you tend to pass it by. The key is patience, dedication and humility. Understand that your mental 'fatigue' is a way for ego to try to keep you from pushing it aside. Meditation, deep meditation, requires fortitude, mental stamina... and extreme concentration.

Ish

Edited by Ishmael (11/10/01 06:12 PM)

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
    #454693 - 11/11/01 03:55 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have had mild tripping-like experiences after reading books. The last one was "The electric kool aid acid test", and few others. The style of writing in combination with the content was enough to alter my perception a bit.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

OfflineTamrylin
Loc: USA, East Coast
Re: Trip w/o hallucinogens [Re: Ishmael]
    #454746 - 11/11/01 07:34 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

cool.. too bad i cant concentrate too well..

--------------------
Tangerine trees and marmalade skies...

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #456609 - 11/12/01 10:50 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

ken kesey died from cancer ='[

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom