Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Air Pump, HPS, Hydroponics Supplies, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
What plants grow most similarly to marijuana? (indoors, soil or hydro)
    #4546578 - 08/17/05 02:11 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I want to build a grow cab but I don't want to grow pot. I am looking for a plant that will grow and clone similar to cannabis. It would be nice if it would FIM and all that other jazz as well.

I want a clone mom room with cuttings, and a flowering (fruiting) room. The whole thing should be the size of a small closet, about 400W.

I think tomatoes are the most common analogue, but people have also grown strawberries and peppers.

I was thinking of trying eggplant and basil.

Maybe some corn.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What plants grow most similarly to marijuana? (indoors, soil or hydro) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4546893 - 08/17/05 03:55 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thats the beast. 250w HPS with 160w of 4' floros.
You can also buy smaller "end table" style cabnets that would be good for veg and cuttings.
From what you described Tomatoes are what you should grow, But I find them boring. Egg pland would be cool, Iv been wanting to try Grapes or stawberries. Both sound very rewarding to me.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: What plants grow most similarly to marijuana? (indoors, soil or hydro) [Re: Legoulash]
    #4547159 - 08/17/05 05:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=671530

There's a thread on overgrow where they're talking about the same shit. Tomatoes are the most common, followed by peppers it seems. Grapes and strawberries apprently work well too.

I found the hydroponics and growing under lights section of gardenweb. There's quite a few different plants that have been grown indoors under lights, some hydroponically, some not.

I'm thinking that my clone moms will probably be in soil, and the fruiting plants will be hydro.

I should mention that I am especially interested in cloning properties. I'd like a plant that clones similarly to cannabis so that I can do some experiments in microcloning.

I want to see how difficult it is to start plants from leafless stem tips ("Meristem" I think?) 1"-2" long. I want to develop a way of sendiing a tiny leafless clone inside something like an ink pen.

This is a relatively unexplored area of plant propagation inbetween taking cuttings (cloning) and tissue culture.

I'm thinking you could place a piece of meristem in a small 3.8" diameter cylinder full of something similar to peroxidated agar, with possibly some plant hormones included. there would be a seperator of some kind seperating the top part which is to become the leafy part, and the bottom which is to become the rooty part. Different hormones could go in each end.

You could even put a single high-intensity LED on it to provide light to the top half; probably a red one would work best.

I'm not sure if you would really want light during transport, though.

--------------------

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Re: What plants grow most similarly to marijuana? (indoors, soil or hydro) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4553558 - 08/18/05 11:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What about Leonurus sibiricus? Grows like pot, kind of looks like it, kind of has similar effects.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What plants grow most similarly to marijuana? (indoors, soil or hydro) [Re: Gumby]
    #4556582 - 08/19/05 09:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yea thatd be a cool one, tough to graft tho.. But mabey my Technique was wrong tho(Rooting powder and in Bubbling water with an air pump Ph of 5.5+)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Air Pump, HPS, Hydroponics Supplies, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden