Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineyodabuds
Stranger, andstrangerstill....
 User Gallery
Outdoor experiment/harvest
    #4546267 - 08/17/05 12:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Greetings! I took a few jars of partly colonized brf cakes and threw them out side and mixed it in with unpasturized/well aged and rehydratded and broken up horse poo... i dug a hole a couple of inch deep outside and threw all of this in together, than covered with verm/peat/coir... watered it every now and than etc... Than I had a jar that was fully colonized and i put in a plastic cup and than put casing ontop and than taped ziplock back around.... It had no proper air exchanger and when i opened the bag after bout 5 days it had a sour smell to it... I rinsed the cake off and there was one sections that looked slimy, i cut it off and than the remander of the cake i threw outside near the other cakes i did....
Well, sorry for the length of this message.... In the area outside where the horse poo etc was I got some really nice looking shrooms.... My question is how can i be sure since they grew outdoors they are not contams...? They looked absolutely beatuifull! I took some pics... Just from them few mushies i got 35g wet.... Anything I can do prior to eating them to lower contam/sickness possiblities? I was thinking after they are dried to soak them in a shot of like 100proof vodka....?
PEACE,
YODAbuds
btw the spot where the nasty cake waS deposited has shown no signs of fruiting or growth...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor experiment/harvest [Re: yodabuds]
    #4546279 - 08/17/05 12:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

They should be fine. Contams aren't really a problem outdoors.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation