Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Stubborn people and misinformation
    #4541778 - 08/16/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I recently had a conversation with a friend about acid. This person has tripped on mushrooms probably 20 or so times, so he has a good enough grasp of the psychedelic world that you would think he understands why misinformation/myths/etc. are a dangerous thing. But he is clueless when it comes to the facts, and worse, he does not show the slightest concern for attaining any truthful knowledge of the things he partakes in. He would rather live in the dark, in his safe and comfortable ego, than be exposed to the truth.

Here's the punchline. We were talking about acid and he told me that even modest use of acid eventually turns you into a vegetable in the end. "Just look at those people who are braindead cause of all that acid use."

I replied to this, mockingly, with "what people?...give me some names," knowing he wouldn't produce a single one. He goes, you know the type of people I'm talking about. I nodded as its not hard to imagine a retarded wookie, but I said, "well, who knows what other drugs those people have done, and who knows what they were like BEFORE the drugs. Who knows if they take care of themselves properly. You're just stereotyping people who might have used acid amongst a plethora of unhealthy activities in their life." But I could tell I hadn't changed his opinion. How frustrating this can be. You give someone the truth, and they laugh at you like you're the fool.

On top of my response, he is very aware that I know a lot more than him about psychedelics, he knows I've read lots of drug literature, and he knows I do lots of research. I proceded to give him the old "pure LSD is physiologically harmless" fact, but right then a button in his head must have said, ok stop listening, he's full of shit now.

Yet when I tried to tell him he was wrong, he scoffed and tried to end the conversation/change the subject. He said something like "Why are you so defensive about it?"...and to this I replied, "Imagine someone you were friends with told you that smoking pot caused warts. Would you let the myth go or would you try to inform your friend of the truth?" When pot was brought into the picture, something he was MUCH MORE knowledgeable about, suddenly it occurred to him that I was right.

But still the gross misinformation beliefs continue. He made an inadequate comparison of coke use to acid use, but refused to talk any more about the subject when I tried to explain to him how coke can stop your heart from beating. "Oh, and acid can't?" he replied. :rollseyes:

I really feel bad for my friend and people who are so stuck in their ways that they can't accept that they might be misinformed. I get the feeling a lot of this comes from the parents or respected elders, since nobody likes to think that what their parents told them is utter bullshit.

At the same time, I started having a thought about the other defense mechanisms of the human brain. It seems a lot of people tend to firmly believe that every conclusion they ever make is the ultimate and final conclusion, never to be questioned. Isn't that what psychedelics are all about? Breaking down that barrier? So...why is my friend still putting bricks into the wall, leaving room for less questions and more numbing attitudes. How do I turn my friend's attitude around without feeling like a damn psychologist?

Oh well, early morning rant ends here.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: kake]
    #4541889 - 08/16/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If he wants to be a dumb ass then let him.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4541894 - 08/16/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

happens to me all the time... I have several psychedelic encyclopedia's handy. It helps... but makes me look like a crazy drug fanatic...

OfflineSketchyTX05
Beginner to theJourney

Loc: Inside my head
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: Cowgold]
    #4541926 - 08/16/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I love the idea you have about psychedelics. That is part of what they are all about, you're right. Questioning that which might YOUR truth of the world and seeing it from the unbiased eyes of your tripping mind. It's too bad that someone can use a drug and not even know about it; which is worse to me, perhaps, is that he is using these drugs, not for spiritual enlightenment, or for an intellectual quest -- but... WHY is he using them? The idea of it bothers me a little.

You did the right thing, though. Your analogy to weed (Which was something he could relate to and understand) was fantastic. Anyway, I'm going to do my best to dismiss this scenario from my mind. It tends to make me a little frustrated.

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #4542045 - 08/16/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Some of my friends still think acid is evil. These are (supposedly) open-minded stoners who have used shrooms many times. I keep telling them the risks with acid are the same as shrooms but it doesn't get through.

Whatever... it's their loss.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: mantis]
    #4542084 - 08/16/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I read that there is more of that permanent change in the visual brain centers due to LSD use. I don't want my brain to see stupid visual anomalies all the time. I have that from shrooms already and it's annoying. And I've only eaten shrooms 6 times.

--------------------
Namaste

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#4542110 - 08/16/05 11:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know how that feels

I was talking to a friend about lsd and he goes "i once saw a dude get shot six times on that, and he walked away"

:rolleyes: I didnt even try to tell him wrong. It's useless.

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: TYL3R]
    #4542122 - 08/16/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think if everyone stopped using the "acid" nick, LSD might get a better image.

"Acid" implys something dangerous and harmful. I refuse to use it.

OfflineSketchyTX05
Beginner to theJourney

Loc: Inside my head
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: TYL3R]
    #4542202 - 08/16/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with what you're saying about interchanging the words LSD and Acid. I think both of them have a bit of a negative conotation, but LSD is definitely, no question, the better of the two to use with people who might be sensitive to a formed opinion on either word.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: SketchyTX05]
    #4543215 - 08/16/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I always had a negative association with the word 'acid' until I tried it myself. Now I use the word more freely. Interesting, eh?

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #4543242 - 08/16/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kake said:
I always had a negative association with the word 'acid' until I tried it myself. Now I use the word more freely. Interesting, eh?

exactly the same over here... the funny thing is if you take the ph value of LSD you will find that an orange is actually more acidic than good ole alice...

--------------------

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: In(di)go]
    #4545622 - 08/17/05 03:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

sadly its true.. there are ppl that take too much acid and end up some kind of deranged in an institution. my dealer can verify this,, he's put a couple away. :|

--------------------

Offlinesaz3
DELA-WHERE?

Loc: REPRESENT!
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: 3six5]
    #4546044 - 08/17/05 09:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

bullshit...i'm not being closed minded but like said before earlier in this thread, you have to think what state of mind they were in before LSD and what other drugs they have taken, and how healthy they were...for example look at the Grateful Dead, I just got done reading "Living with the Dead" by Rock Skully, and they fucking lived with Owsley and had LSD in powder form falling from the ceiling poured onto them, and this is sunshine shit probably 7 hits, and continued use well on 20+ years, were they ever instituted? no... i may sound stupid to some but I also serve a good point.

--------------------
Only one Jah Rastafari

Offlinelovingwench
green horn

Loc: off the dusty road
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: mantis]
    #4546105 - 08/17/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mantis said:
I keep telling them the risks with acid are the same as shrooms but it doesn't get through.

Shrooms are all natural when LSD is man made. They may create same mind effect, but in the long run I would have to think that the chemicals that go into making LSD are worse off for you and would do harm to the body of extend period of use?
It's been a long time since I have done LSD because it seems like what's out there any more is some pretty dirty stuff. It's hard on my body compared to shrooms.

--------------------

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
    #4546141 - 08/17/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

my mother once found my salvia and i ended up comparing it to acid somehow, i think visuals (i dont know if its similar, just had to find something she might know of to compare it to)

the sad part is that about 3 minutes later she starts talking about lsd.

yea, she thought that lsd and acid were two different chemicals all together

Quote:

Lsd will mess you up, don't ever do that shit, don't do acid either, it's just as bad

my mother and father are so misinformed its sickening sometimes, i can't have an intilligent conversation with them about drugs without going off on rants because they have no idea what in the world their talking about.

but at least they aren't too hard on me with punishment because i got caught w/drugs, but still they found something legal and couldnt get over that fact, my dad still compared it to weed and said we could get arrested and in trouble for having it, wich is bullshit (and its not illegal in my state yet either)

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: lovingwench]
    #4546152 - 08/17/05 09:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lovingwench said:
Quote:

mantis said:
I keep telling them the risks with acid are the same as shrooms but it doesn't get through.

Shrooms are all natural when LSD is man made. They may create same mind effect, but in the long run I would have to think that the chemicals that go into making LSD are worse off for you and would do harm to the body of extend period of use?
It's been a long time since I have done LSD because it seems like what's out there any more is some pretty dirty stuff. It's hard on my body compared to shrooms.

Please explain why something would be more harmful simply because it's man-made.

--------------------

Offlinelovingwench
green horn

Loc: off the dusty road
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: Silversoul]
    #4546250 - 08/17/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well I am not a chemist and I don't know what it takes to achieve the effect that LSD creates. I have heard of things like rat poisoning being used to make LSD. In the end it's all poison going into the body whether it's natural or man made. Isn't it the poison that reacts with the brain and cause hallucinations?
It's just that I would think an organic matter would always be the way to go over a man made matter. It's like organic veggies over pesticide grown veggies. Over a period of time the pesticides are going to build up in my body and start havoc on my bodies nervous system, liver, kidneys etc. I would think that the more natural something is it would be easier for my body to break down and dispose of it more easily.

--------------------

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: lovingwench]
    #4546308 - 08/17/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Most of what you seem to believe is misinformation. If you do some research on psychadelics, and drugs in general, you'll find that most of what you're assuming is really just the BS that we've all been told for years.

Offlinecrystallize
Bud Lightspokesman

Loc: buckeye state
Re: Stubborn people and misinformation [Re: Twister]
    #4546392 - 08/17/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Rat poison is NEVER used to make acid. It is a complex chemical synthesis performed by skilled chemists. Hundreds of doses of it have been tested before it ever hits your tongue.

No chemist would go to the trouble to make something so complex if he wasn't 100% sure it was the real deal. Even if they did, like I said, it's been tested and they would find out about it way before it gets to you.

I'm not for certain, but I don't even think it's possible to make "dirty acid". Either you have it or you don't.

--------------------

Thank you for drinking Bud Light.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#4546435 - 08/17/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

there are many foolish myths surrounding LSD but i think you're wrong to say the drug is harmless.
it can be a mentally traumatic experience for an unprepared mind, its nothing to take lightly.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder