Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Laminar Flow Hood

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSillypcybin
Stranger
'Easy' direct spore to water collection method
    #4544674 - 08/17/05 01:34 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I want to be able to have a cap drop its' spores into [relatively] sterile water.  What I do is i PC water in a quart jar for 20+ minutes.  Whenever I have a cap ready, I make some sort of construction out of tin foil where it will hold the cap right under the jar lid by having the tin foil go under the jar band, keeping it up there, with a big hole in the middle of the foil where the spores will fall through.  Kind of like a plate with a huge gaping hole in the middle. 

When I'm ready, I just cut the cap off and place it onto the foil.  I then, in as sterile a way as I can  (I do this on an open oven door, the oven being on at 400-450F.  The heat creates an outward air flow which keeps things relatively sterile), open the sterile jar, quickly place the cap construction on top  and re-seal the jar.  When the spores have dropped, I open the jar and take it back out.  I then re-seal the jar and what I have then is spores in water that is either sterile or sterile enough for our purposes.  This method hasn't failed me yet.

Can anyone think of something like this, but easier? Perhaps using some sort of other collection apparatus? The building of the tin foil is cumbersome at best and a lot of the time the cap falls through. :frown: But so far it's the best methoid I can think of.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSillypcybin
Stranger
Re: 'Easy' direct spore to water collection method [Re: Sillypcybin]
    #4544683 - 08/17/05 01:35 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

btw, to get the spores out of the jar, the lid has already had a small hole punched in it and covered with tape from the beginning. Now just flip the jar over, insert syringe(s) and suck, suck, SUCK!

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 'Easy' direct spore to water collection method [Re: Sillypcybin]
    #4544725 - 08/17/05 01:45 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

1/2 gallon Sporalator jar, with injection/asperation port, filters & cap clip.

Add water, PC, hang a cap in it in a flow hood, let spores drop a couple days. Remove cap in flowhood.

Asperate with a syringe.

--------------------

OfflineSillypcybin
Stranger
Re: 'Easy' direct spore to water collection method [Re: agar]
    #4544761 - 08/17/05 01:52 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What is a sporolator jar? Also, I think I may have figured out a cool way of doing it. Perhaps some sort of small hook to hang the cap on that cames down from the lid? A fish hook maybe? That way the whole gill side is exposed.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Laminar Flow Hood

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation