Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlackhart
DwnWthVwls
 User Gallery

Loc: Marmalade Sky
Have I messed up again?
    #4544389 - 08/16/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Alas,poor me. I ordered a jar of mycelium 'cuz everything else I touch withers and dies. I did a casing, 50/50 peat/verm. In all the casing teks I read there was no mention of using/avoiding dolomite lime.THEN! after I've done my job I happen to read the 50/50 (plus) casing tek which specifically states do not use dolomite lime as this kills the myc.After changing my stained underwear I rushed up and began a frantic hour of tweezering. I didn't use a lot to begin with and I'm sure I got at least half of the little nuggets.
So many teks have conflicting do's and don'ts. Will my babies live?

--------------------
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men...GO GO GODZILLA!

You've begun to matter more than the things you say- JesusChristSuperstar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have I messed up again? [Re: Blackhart]
    #4544401 - 08/16/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How long was the dolomite mixed in? Im guessing you should be ok if it wasnt long since the myc really didnt colonize the casing layer and abosorb the dolomite. Sorry to hear about your frustrations, you'll get there, dont give up!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineBlackhart
DwnWthVwls
 User Gallery

Re: Have I messed up again? [Re: coda]
    #4544429 - 08/16/05 10:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It was about 18 hours. And,yes,I may be frustrated, but I will NEVER give up.(especially since my wife thinks I'm nuts for spending all my money on equipment).

--------------------
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men...GO GO GODZILLA!

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4544446 - 08/16/05 10:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hmmm 18 hours, i dunno, i dont think im qualified to answer this, but my hypothesis is that if you didnt cover the myc in lime, and it didnt absorb the harmful chemcials into the network, you should be ok.

I feel you on the money part, i went way overbudget because i got careless.  But, it was worth it to me so i dont care :laugh:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

OfflineBlackhart
DwnWthVwls
 User Gallery

#4544451 - 08/16/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

my greatest fear is that soon i will do everything right and forget how I did it.This is why Edison never got anywhere...poor note taking.I mean who ever heard of HIM?

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4544493 - 08/16/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

lol i feel you.  Ive made up about 25 jars now and each batch ive done a slightly different way, with (you guessed it) different results.  I think what threw me off is i prepared more or less substrate each time so my water levels were a bit off.  My last batch got a bit too wet and i had to compensate with a little more verm to soak it up.  I saw signs of colonization on wed, left for vacation on fri, and have been crossing my fingers for them ever since.

Personally i think the mixture for 6 jars gave me my best results, but once i get back im moving onto grains which is new territory for me.  So basically im gonna be doing new shit again and have no idea how its going to turn out.  I think thats what makes this so interesting, you never really know how things are going to turn out until you do it.  Its like a guessing game with a fantastic prize at the end! :laugh:

--------------------

-JG

OfflineBlackhart
DwnWthVwls
 User Gallery

#4544506 - 08/16/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The jar of myc i used was done with whole grains but I don't think I saw any verm. Is it just done with the grains.I'm currently soaking some whole rye grains and want to do SOMETHING right tomorrow.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4544519 - 08/16/05 11:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ah, good choice, i should have listened to the wise ones and gone straight to grain myself. But i wanted to experiment with everything and find out what was easiest.

Ill be using WBS as rye grain is hard to find in my area.

--------------------

-JG

OfflineBlackhart
DwnWthVwls
 User Gallery

#4544535 - 08/16/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'll keep my fingers crossed and go cry myself to sleep.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4544560 - 08/16/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you'll be fine :smile:

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix