Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
knowing/feeling the point of ego loss
    #4541952 - 08/16/05 10:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Whenever i have tripped i have gotten this blinding sensation early in the trip. I never knew what it was but it hit me the other day when i was out watching the stars. When i take a nice sized dose about 45 minutes after the initial kick-in i get this blinding sensation. My ears ring, i can't see... basically all of my senses just blend into one. THis sensation last for about ten to fifteen seconds. Right after this happens within the next ten minutes i will trip the hardest of the whole trip. I was wondering if this event could mark exactly the time when the ego is lost? Has anyone else had this experience? It has happened to me every time i trip. Might i also mention that i have never had a bad trip in my life. Psychedilics have been apart of my life for some time now and i have around 30 good mushroom trips under my belt. I am just starting to see the world it is meant to be seen. So do you think that this sensation is actually my ego dissolving and me getting pulled into the trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: carl]
    #4542106 - 08/16/05 11:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you're still thinking in terms of "I" when it happens, it's not ego loss. Remember that asking yourself "is my ego gone yet?" is just another game trap--if you are experiencing ego loss, there is no one to ask. You are not part of yourself anymore. There is no "you."

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4542323 - 08/16/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Here are some of the symptoms one might have at the onset of egoloss, taken from the Psychedelic Experience:

Bodily pressure
Clammy coldness, followed by feverish heat
Body disintegrating or being blown into atoms
Pressure on head or ears
Tingling in extremities
Feelings of body melting or flowing as if wax
Nausea
Trembling or shaking

I can tell you from experience that list is right on. Anytime I start to feel any of those things while tripping I put all my attention into my breath, to let go. It makes the transition much easier.

Leary even says that a person can learn to tell when egoloss/death is about to occur by paying attention to his body's symptoms.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: MOTH]
    #4542865 - 08/16/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You might just be describing what I call a 'mushroom orgasm'

For me, it'll happen when I see something so amazing, or when I get an incredible insight. It feels almost identicle to a regular orgasm, except its better because you're trippin'.

--------------------
:mallow:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4543602 - 08/16/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No, thats from The Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary.
Those are the symptoms, they go all they way back to The Tibetan Book of the Dying. I have experienced six of those symptoms and they all led straight to ego loss for me.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4543656 - 08/16/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jabbawaya said:
If you're still thinking in terms of "I" when it happens, it's not ego loss. Remember that asking yourself "is my ego gone yet?" is just another game trap--if you are experiencing ego loss, there is no one to ask. You are not part of yourself anymore. There is no "you."

Or as I always liked to say, "If there's a question in your mind, the answer is no." :cool:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4543720 - 08/16/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I did not question if i had lost my ego when it happened. But days later when i was reviewing my trip i remebered this point where most of those symtoms happen all at once for about ten seconds. Then i wondered if that was really the point where i had lost my ego? I wondered if you could pinpoint the exact point when ego was lost? When that happened was my ego already broken down and the mushrooms were taking full effect, or that exact point in time was my ego blown to bits?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4544266 - 08/16/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yah, but its good to note that those symptoms dont always mean ego loss. It takes a willing and ready mind to full experience ego loss, sometimes people's (like myself) egos are really resillient and fight to keep some grip on "sanity". At 10 grams three weaks ago i experienced about 3 of those symptoms and experienced several times moments of ego loss only to come crashing back to the normal trip. I almost got there but my ego held on by a fingernail and it was enough to pull me back down to level 4. Truly dissapointing, but, it gives me hope that i can acheive it once i alter my grow methods and increase potency.

GL man, im still waiting on my first level 5 trip and ive been doing this since i was 14.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: coda]
    #4544338 - 08/16/05 10:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ok... maybe i am not expressing myself here. I have in the past lost my ego during a trip. I have done it many times and i know what it is to not have an ego. But i was wondering if you could pinpoint the exact moment in your trip when your ego is smashed. Because i can. I know exactly when it hits. When i feel those symptoms rushing up i know that its gonna be quite a ride from then on in. I was wondering if anyone could feel it just rushing in and knowing that its all gonne be good.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4544430 - 08/16/05 10:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ah, sorry, seeing as i have never full experienced full ego loss i cannot comment on that.  But, i can say, during those few moments when my ego did melt away, i felt nothingness.  Hard to explain, but it was like all my thoughts were gone, i could not hear, i could not see, i could not feel.  I just was.  Sorry if that makes no sense, its just so hard to put into words :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: coda]
    #4544754 - 08/16/05 11:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

no i totally understand the feeling. THe first time my ego was lost the room was pitch black but turned bright white in my head and i just melted into the white couch. I was no longer me sitting on the couch... just the couch.

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
    #4545419 - 08/17/05 02:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like ur brain is panicing to keep it self balanced :-o

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: 3six5]
    #4549733 - 08/18/05 12:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think its not panicking to keep it balanced but its kinda like the brains last attempt to hold onto the ego. Its the brains last fight before the drug takes over. It is not a bad feeling. When i feel it coming it exites me... i know that the good stuff is just around the bend.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4549901 - 08/18/05 12:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 12:43 AM)

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: StickyWater]
    #5695107 - 05/31/06 02:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Let me get this straight ... is ego loss the feeling when you forget about yourself and your identity? That feeling of eternity when you no longer think of yourself as a living thing but rather part of something greater?

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: MorphMan]
    #5695133 - 05/31/06 02:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'll never forget what that's like. Everyone around me was feeling it too and were asking, "Am I d-d-d-dying?"

LOL It's funny now, but at the time it was utter terrror. I considered myself an experienced tripper but I had never heard about ego death and when it happened I thought I died. I had every symptom on Ellemy's list and it scared the hell out of me.

It only lasted for 10 minutes or so and I managed to fight it off RIGHT before I would've "died". Now I'm wondering what it's like if I let go this time, knowing now that you're not really dying.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: Newbie]
    #5695630 - 05/31/06 04:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Here are some of the symptoms one might have at the onset of egoloss, taken from the Psychedelic Experience:

Bodily pressure
Clammy coldness, followed by feverish heat
Body disintegrating or being blown into atoms
Pressure on head or ears
Tingling in extremities
Feelings of body melting or flowing as if wax
Nausea
Trembling or shaking

I had those EXACT symptoms when I consumed one of these plates by my self. 1/2 of it was with freshly pressed lemon juice too! But I should note that at the time of consuming those I had tripped every weekend for 3 weeks in a row...So my tolerance was probably up a little...

Still hell of a lot of mushrooms though.

As I was saying I had those exact symptoms and was fighting it like mad. About 45 min. after I ate them I could no longer function properly and a friend that was tripping with me had to do everything for me. (like putting head phones on my head) I was curled up in a blanket sweating like a pig because I did not know if I was hot or cold. (I just thought better hot than cold)

I could not tell the left arm from the right arm apart(it felt like the were melted into my body too) and when I put my head phones on they melted into my head. When I was "walking" it was like someone was doing it for me. The visuals got out of control sometimes too...at one point I was actually blinded by them. Then my whole world all of a sudden curled up in front of me..it was kind of like floating in space. Surprisingly I was standing at the time. 

I kept repeating "The mushrooms are just so damm strong..they are just too strong!" all this time the mushrooms I had consumed where floating around me everywhere.

This trip lasted about 8 hours. The only time could enjoy the trip was when I was coming down and it wasn't that intense anymore.

I wish I had just gone with it, but then again this was my 8th trip so I didn't know too much about mushrooms yet...  :thumbup: :mushroom2:

Edited by Mr_Psilocin (05/31/06 04:50 PM)

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #5695691 - 05/31/06 04:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

My friend ate the other plate, he was'nt as fucked up as me though because he did'nt take lemon juice with any of them.

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

OfflineVico
Grasshopper
 User Gallery

Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: MOTH]
    #5695842 - 05/31/06 05:28 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Anytime I start to feel any of those things while tripping I put all my attention into my breath, to let go

I havent tripped before, but the more I think about it, the more this sounds like the right thing to do.  I hope I dont get that far on my first trip this summer (Amsterdam yea) but I feel more comfortable because concentrating like that on your breathing seems to relax you and put you at ease.
Thanks man. :cheers:

--------------------
Ill make you eat your parents.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: knowing/feeling the point of ego loss [Re: Vico]
    #5698888 - 06/01/06 09:32 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:wink:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract