Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Emergency pipe repair!
    #4543572 - 08/16/05 09:12 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

my bubbler busted in the back of my car, not like shattered but more of the stem just 'popped' off. Its a clean break without rough edges or missing material.

Is there a glue i could use on this temporarily or should i just take it to a glass shop and see what they can do?

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Emergency pipe repair! [Re: TheHook]
    #4543650 - 08/16/05 09:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Since it's a bubbler and not a short pipe I'd think that some superglue or silicone or whatever you have on hand would work fine. When making MacGuyver pipes I find that if you use glue it tends to melt after continuous use. But the stem of a bubbler shouldn't have that problem, and since your alternative is buying a new pipe, I'd say try an adhesive.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineNightProwler
Male

Re: Emergency pipe repair! [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4543991 - 08/16/05 10:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

hot glue and electrical tape. don't use super glue, you'll prbibly end up inhaleing some of the fumes.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Emergency pipe repair! [Re: NightProwler]
    #4544216 - 08/16/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

no hot glue, think about it, heat melts the glue to apply so therefore heat will melt it again after its applied. I used it on a makeshift bong when i was younger and i had to repair it every time i smoked out of it.

To fix glass what you need is epoxy. Go to walmart, buy some medium grit sandpaper and the 15 min epoxy (its in the adhesives section, the 60 sec stuff is ok but i find it loses its "grip" quicker. Sand down the broken parts on the glass and apply the epoxy. Make sure to hold that fucker tight for at least 5 min, bonds in 15 min, full set in an hr.

My buddy broke my bong earlier this year and its what ive been using to keep it operational. But, ive noticed that the resin tends to loosen the bond somewhat, to over come this i put a layer of glue OUTSIDE of the glass as well as in the break.this way if the inner seal comes loose the outer seal will hold and it will still work. This will help prevent the thing from just coming unglued as well so you dont have any nasty accidents. GL, its always sad to see a piece break.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: Emergency pipe repair! [Re: coda]
    #4545413 - 08/17/05 04:12 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

whatever u put on there will be getting smoked..
vaped..

roasted..

blech nasty

kiss it goodbye, or retro fit it into some new macgyver pipe

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Emergency pipe repair! [Re: 3six5]
    #4546110 - 08/17/05 11:27 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

nah, most epoxys have a high melting point. If he lets the pipe sit for an hr and clears out the vapors he'll be fine.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Offlineelaspeinreason
psychonaut
Male

Loc: fairfax virginia
    #4546165 - 08/17/05 11:42 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

nah im with 3six5 anything up in there will be smoked into them lungs ya got , so i wouldnt fuck with it ..just get a new one ...or use a can ! jk

--------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one

Diploid said:
What's with proclaiming freedom by abridging freedom? That makes no sense.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Emergency pipe repair! [Re: elaspeinreason]
    #4546253 - 08/17/05 12:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i had a similar thing happen with my bubbler. the stem broke off inside (fell of a table) with no way to get at it. so i took my dremel with a dimond bit and ground out the hole to get the stem out. i made the hole big enough to fit a slide tube in (with the rubber gromet) and presto a good as new bubbler.
works great and has made cleaning a breeze.

peace

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: Emergency pipe repair! [Re: backupwards]
    #4546718 - 08/17/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

hm, ill try the epoxy but i might as well go drink a soda and punch in the can....

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Emergency pipe repair! [Re: TheHook]
    #4549931 - 08/18/05 03:00 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

you'll be fine with the epoxy, there's no vapor to be inhaled once the glue has bonded and set. Just make sure to let it sit a while after the full set to rid the chamber of anything left over from the exothermic reaction. Once its solidified and the remaining vapors dissapated, there wont be any more unless you flame the epoxy seal directly.

--------------------

-JG

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4549934 - 08/18/05 03:00 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

plus its a lot better then smoking out of aluminium, blech.

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience