Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Can someone explain something about ego loss to me?
    #4543524 - 08/16/05 08:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have read a lot about ego loss and such, I know what it is, I just had a question. I am not asking you to really explain  what it's like (because that's impossible!  :laugh: ) I'm just asking for descriptive and objective explanations.

I know that when you have ego loss, you can't really ask questions like "is my ego gone yet??" because there is not "you" to ask.. so, that makes me wonder some things.

1. has anyone looked at a picture of themselves, or in a mirror during ego loss? is the image of yourself even too 'gone' to realize it's you?

2. What is it like when you open your eyes in a common surrounding when you are THAT messed up.. is it just a completely different world that you don't recognize even 1%?

3. If you aren't able to ask yourself "is my ego gone yet?" "am i dying?" or "shit.. im fucking scared right now..." .. then what DO you think? Is it mainly feelings? do you ahve any thoughts at all? If you don't have thoughts, can you still comprehend images? Are you still 'scared' even though you dont know what scared is?

Thanks :smile: i tried to ask them in a way which shouldnt be too difficult to describe.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Can someone explain something about ego loss to me? [Re: Limelight]
    #4545903 - 08/17/05 10:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Its not that cut and paste that you are "gone" or dying.  I have used mushies quite a few times before it happened.  It is pretty scary at first, it really felt like I was going to die.  I got tired of fighting off "death" and let go.  The instant that it happened I felt blank, then a warm feeling of energy/life flowing through my body until I had a complete feeling of euphoria.  Also a "calling" if you will, to help others and to spread peace and love.  I hope/wish everyone will experience it.  Just don't go into a trip expecting that to happen, I have never experienced it again, but have only done it a few times afterwards.  I haven't done it in almost a year, and may never do it again.  I feel that I have gotten all that I need from them, now its time to spread it to others :smile:

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4546420 - 08/17/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

1. the two times i have experienced it, i was far too fucked to get up and look in a mirror. even before the point of ego death i was just lying there, pretty much unable to move, and my senses were all completely screwed.

2. both times i had my eyes closed. my ego returning and opening my eyes were simultaneous. whether one caused the other or something i don't know. seeing things kind of brings reality back. with your eyes closed there are no distractions, its just your mind.

3. difficult to answer. i'd say its just feelings really. definately not thoughts in the normal sense. feeling at one with everything is a cliched phrase, but it is probably the best description possible. its like i was everything at once.

there is what people call 'pure white light', but its not like a visual image of white light, its more like a feeling of white light. your mind and your senses simply don't function in the normal way, so to say 'i thought this', or 'i saw that' is kind of meaningless. you don't 'see' anything, you just exist.

i don't expect this to make any sense to someone who has not experienced it, its a completely different conciousness. some people say its like meeting god, but i prefer my friend's description: he said after he had come down a good deal from an intense acid trip "i was god".

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Can someone explain something about ego loss to me? [Re: alsey]
    #4546845 - 08/17/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I experienced it for a very short amount of time on 30grams a month or so ago.

My eyes drifted upwards... my mind churned over with thaughts... yet i wasn't really thinking at the same time... and as soon as a thaught had any reference to "me" i'd "come back to reality"

I always thaught you had to be uber fucked to experience this yet i believe i have experienced it at least once on this occasion. I wasn't nervous or scared or anything i just take what's coming so maybe that's why i was able to obtain ego loss on such a small dose (?)

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Can someone explain something about ego loss to me? [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4547391 - 08/17/05 06:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I get it a lot on nitrous and being able to shoot to ego-loss and back very quickly has made it easier for me to reaffirm my past experiences with ego-loss on psychedelics.

Here's a funny story. My second time trying acid, I was hanging out with some sober friends, and while I was very coherent of my surroundings, I was completely detached from the idea of my "self" as a living human with a history/past. Now this may sound dumb, but my friends made some comment about gay people, nothing mean, just normal conversation, and, in true LSD-fashion, your mind grabs a thought a races with it to no end. Suddenly I was stuck in this thought loop, asking myself if I could be gay (I'm 22, I've had many girlfriends and never a gay thought or desire once in my life, to add) and I really couldn't answer it...it perplexed me. Now, from my sober point of view, this is ridiculous, I know without a doubt I'm not gay and have known that for quite a long time, but in that state of ego-loss, everything was questioned, including the all important question "WHO AM I?". Minutes later, my ego came back, and I immediately started laughing histarically at the fact that I suddenly knew who I was again and at the weirdness of honestly questioning my sexuality. It was sort of scary, but very cool in the end. This was one of my first memorable ego-loss experiences.

so, you may not 'feel it' but there are plenty of signs that it's happening. especially if you start getting the feeling like you're suddenly in a different place, or a different time.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Can someone explain something about ego loss to me? [Re: kake]
    #4547414 - 08/17/05 06:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kake said:
I get it a lot on nitrous

This is what I'm talkin' about!

--------------------
:mallow:

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Can someone explain something about ego loss to me? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4547451 - 08/17/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

don't make ego loss so godamn complicated. ego loss means you just ARE. there is nothing to think about, nothing to worry about, nothing to attach to. ego loss is a glimpse of enlightenment--that's all it is. it's just being completely in the present. it's not complicated.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Can someone explain something about ego loss to me? [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #4547459 - 08/17/05 06:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TerrapinSunrise said:
don't make ego loss so godamn complicated. ego loss means you just ARE. there is nothing to think about, nothing to worry about, nothing to attach to. ego loss is a glimpse of enlightenment--that's all it is. it's just being completely in the present. it's not complicated.

Very true. It's just the act of surrendering to pure being.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4556536 - 08/19/05 09:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TerrapinSunrise said:

Just because I have objective questions about it doesnt mean i'm making it 'godamn complicated.' I was simply wondering those things, I don't think that's a ridiculous notion. Isnt that the point of this forum?

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4556548 - 08/19/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
Quote:

TerrapinSunrise said:
don't make ego loss so godamn complicated.  ego loss means you just ARE.  there is nothing to think about, nothing to worry about, nothing to attach to.  ego loss is a glimpse of enlightenment--that's all it is.  it's just being completely in the present.  it's not complicated.

Just because I have objective questions about it doesnt mean i'm making it 'godamn complicated.' I was simply wondering those things, I don't think that's a ridiculous notion. Isnt that the point of this forum?

YES YES YES!!  :smile:  Ask all the questions you want! (and more!) I don't think TerrapinSunrise meant any offense by his choice of words.  I think that he was just saying there is a simplier way to look at it. 

Ask away to your heart's content.  :grin: :heart: :mushroom2:

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
    #4556858 - 08/19/05 11:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
1. has anyone looked at a picture of themselves, or in a mirror during ego loss? is the image of yourself even too 'gone' to realize it's you?

Mirror. For me it was as if I wasn't attached really to my body and I (my brain?) was just using it to convey ideas and thoughts to others. So no, it didn't feal like it was me looking at myself, but me looking at some weird thing that I just happened to use.

--------------------

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Can someone explain something about ego loss to me? [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #4557607 - 08/20/05 03:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

damn this shit is deep.. i dont recommend readin shit about ego loss while shroomin... lol.. idk i def just kinda confused the shit out of myself.. but hmm i really dont know what im talkin about.. but damn these cubes are good as hell

Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

#4557902 - 08/20/05 06:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TerrapinSunrise said:

Exactly, you're just in the present completely, nothing else exists but what you're experiencing. No memories, worries, fears, only the present experience.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Can someone explain something about ego loss to me? [Re: slammin007]
    #4574751 - 08/24/05 02:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

slammin007 said:
Quote:

TerrapinSunrise said:

Exactly, you're just in the present completely, nothing else exists but what you're experiencing. No memories, worries, fears, only the present experience.

So then it seems to me ego loss would be *mostly* the same for everyone? Whether youre really into psychadelics or if you have only smoked weed.. whether youre paranoid a lot or very chill. is this true?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience