Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreatlakes
Stranger
my glove box?(pic)
    #4543093 - 08/16/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well it took me about a hour to put it together and didn't cost me a cent of out-of-pocket money since i had all the stuff around the house,both glove sleeves are screwed together and both have a rubber sealer + just to be safe i siliconed both side.I silicone the glass top on there also,i just need to clean it up a bit,,,well on to the question,I've read from most people on here its better to have no air movement in the box but i see a lot of people putting filters in there's,Should i put a hepa filter in there or just leave it like it is

I still got to put the gloves on i think i am going to use them metal clamps like the one in the pic below

well let me know if i should put a hepa filter in it or not
Thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: my glove box?(pic) [Re: greatlakes]
    #4543398 - 08/16/05 06:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You should only put the filter in if it's also got a fan. Use the fan to blow air into the box, which creates positive pressure and contaminants can't get in the cracks because air is blowing out. Of course, you don't have any cracks cuz your silicone happy, so don't bother with the filter or fan. Good job, dood! :smile:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Offlinegreatlakes
Stranger
Re: my glove box?(pic) [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4543411 - 08/16/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thanks man

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
    #4543414 - 08/16/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nice and easy. Quick and simple. I tend to make things overly complicated myself so I can truly appreciate inexpensive simplicity. Check out the design "HippyChick" used for her glove box. It incorporates the glove attachment you're talking about. Most people will probably tell you you don't need a HEPA filter or fan. Some people even get as simple as using a clear trash bag instead of a glove box. The HEPA filter/Fan combo is more for added protection and stuff. Yours should work fine. User reviews on different designs are all over the board. I think it all comes down to too many variables in ones environment to say for sure that one way absolutely works best for everyone. All you can do is try it out and move on if it doesn't work. Although certain designs work better at removing those variables and they tend to be a little more complicated and expensive (flow hoods, posi pressure boxes, neg pressure boxes etc...). My .02.

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Offlinegreatlakes
Stranger
Re: my glove box?(pic) [Re: Mobius_Strip]
    #4543441 - 08/16/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ya i seen HippyChick's setup where i got the ideal for mine along with my mini green house and ultrasonic pvc hookup and cool mist about every thing else.....lol....i think she thinks am stalking her...lol...well thanks for the input man

Offlinegreatlakes
Stranger
    #4543450 - 08/16/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think i will just put weather striping around the top along with the bungee cords I've rounded up to put pressure on the lid

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4543829 - 08/16/05 08:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

greatlakes said:
well let me know if i should put a hepa filter in it or not

no... it really is pointless, still air is simple and cheap, fans and filters can
introduce problems although it doesnt always

Offlinegreatlakes
Stranger
Re: my glove box?(pic) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4543914 - 08/16/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Prisoner#1

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder