Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOmk
How long should you let casing incubate?
    #4542107 - 08/16/05 01:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I read that I should let my casing set up incubate before I put it into the fruiting chamber. How should I do this? What conditions do I need for incubation and how should I set it up to prevent contamination?

Also, I have heard people say that you should use a bottom layer for casing and some say that it doesn't matter. Does it really make a any difference?

I would appreciate any help.

Edited by Omk (08/16/05 01:42 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: How long should you let casing incubate? [Re: Omk]
    #4542173 - 08/16/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I read that I should let my casing set up incubate before I put it into the fruiting chamber. How should I do this? What conditions do I need for incubation and how should I set it up to prevent contamination?

If you're using pans, you should cover them with a sterile material, but before that you must poke some holes in the covering material for air exchanges. I recommend using those chicken pans that already come with a cover. Let the casings rest inside the incubator or somewhere else meeting the incubation parameters for 4 or 5 days. I usually put them inside strile plastic bags and open them at the second day, although you can open them on a daily basis as long it is done in a clean environment.

Quote:

Also, I have heard people say that you should use a bottom layer for casing and some say that it doesn't matter. Does it really make a any difference?

It's better using a bottom layer to prevent contamination. If you mist too much or if there's a high Rh, water will build up at the bottom and can be a breeding place for contaminants. A bottom layer will suck up most of the water excess and prevent contamination.
When you become more experienced, you'll probably won't need it anymore, as you become more sensitive and aware of what's going on.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation