Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

casing question
    #4541640 - 08/16/05 08:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hello,

I would like to put together a concoction for my casing and I would just like to ask a couple of questions regarding cubensis....

1. Is there a difference between cow dung vs. horse dung?

2. These are the combos I have been cotemplating...

A. dung + pot soil

B. manure + pot soil

C. Straight up dung

I am using straw as my substrate.

Which combo do you think will work best???

thanks x infiniti!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: casing question [Re: tonyperez420]
    #4541699 - 08/16/05 09:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You need to swap the word casing with bulk substrate.

Use any of those combinations for a casing and youll have fun with contams i suspect. Not sure if u realise what a casing is but the casing layer should not contain any nutes, just there to cover the substrate and help allow adequate moisture delivery.

Those combinations u have mentioned sound more like what you would use for a bulk substrate, which once colinised could then be made into a casing using soemthign like peat and verm.
Prolly be good to do a bit more readin under the casing and bulk sub sections of the site to clear this up for u.

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

#4541750 - 08/16/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thanx for the quick response.... I am aware that there is a lot of contams on nutes on the dung, soil... I should have specified that i was going to nuke it in a microwave.

however, i do plan to grow in bulk....

this is my method....

after the grain jars are completely incubated i mix it with wet pasteurized straw which has been cleaned of nukes by puttin it in a pot and on my stove
i leave this mixture in a dark place at 78 degrees for about 12-14 days....
when this is ready, i place my casing 1-2 inches on top

casing- a layer of water retentive materials applied to substrate to encourage and enhance fruitbody production.....

once i place the "casing" i put it back in the dark for 4-5 more days so the mycelium network can strengthen...
then 12 hours light/12 hour dark

my question was .....

which combo do you think will be best for casing... obviously i will nuke it and add water

pot soil + dung
manure + pot soil
straight up dung

I was just wondering what "casing" will be best with this method to ensure a higher yield

thanks old ben

Edited by tonyperez420 (08/16/05 10:14 AM)

Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

#4541853 - 08/16/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

old ben,

I dont think I used the word casing incorrectly... please read my reply and let me know if I still used it incorrectly

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #4541875 - 08/16/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

which combo do you think will be best for casing... obviously i will nuke it and add water

pot soil + dung
manure + pot soil
straight up dung

None of the above
Either Verm, Peat or Coir or better a mixture of them.

Quote:

I was just wondering what "casing" will be best with this method to ensure a higher yield

A casing layer will not help determine yeild apart from the fact it will help give the myc moisture (wont get much of a yeild if it drys out) The potency and size of flush and size of individual shroom will be determine mainly on the substrate type and depth, assuming all other fruiting conditions (eg temp humidty) are optimal.

Even if u sterilise ya dung in the microwave you will still most likely encounter problems, try do stick to methods that are proven to work well. If u wanna get the bonuses that come with using dung then i suggest you chuck the straw out and use the dung mixed with ya grains to create a bulk sub and then case this using the casin materials i mentioned, youll have to pasturise ya dung properly prior to this thou or get some pre pasturised stuff from tennstud.

GL

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate