Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Why don't you quit using those mushrooms?
    #4541555 - 08/16/05 10:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, the question is this: Someone you respect as a compassionate authority (parent, sibling, partner or your Administer of the Lesbiteryan Church, you get the picture) asks you:

"Why don't you quit using those mushrooms?"

Now, you respect them and they're concerned for your wellbeing. And they have every right to. Unfortunate things happen when people take mushrooms. Some are sent to jail for mushrooms.

So tell the one you love and respect why you want to keep on using. No educational soundbyte but your personal reason, from the heart, why you want to keep on using mushrooms despite risks medical, social and legal.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: Asante]
    #4541573 - 08/16/05 10:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"I havn't found what i'm looking for yet and until i do i shall use mushrooms to gain more insight"

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4541576 - 08/16/05 10:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

As for me..

It's not drug use, it never was. I'm on a spiritual path and those mushrooms are an integral part of walking that path. I'm just as spiritual a being without mushrooms, but it would be detrimental and much less fun. Mushrooms lift my from my everyday context and make me see myself and my world in a way that stands apart from sobriety with all its ego defenses.

I had a heart attack. Taking mushrooms is not without acute risk for me, Nontheless I believe the mushroom experience in my life is worth the risk.
Mushrooms are not worth dying for, but the path I walk (and of which mushrooms are a part) definately is.

Life starts in the warm nurturing womb and it ends in a cold wooden box. So it's not the destination thats important in life, but rather the Journey itself.
The Mushroom and I walk the road together.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4541636 - 08/16/05 10:49 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Good question.

One of the reasons for me is that I have always been amazed by the complexity of the human brain. I just love the brilliant thing called the brain. I read a lot about the human brain and I like to experience the way our brain works myself. Tripping is a very good way to do this.
Drugs that do something in our brain have always interested me. Put a simple chemical in our body and our perception of the universe (or "reality") changes. It shows how subjective our reality is and that our reality is created in our brain. "We can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head: you fold it". Mushrooms are a tool to experience how complex and fascinating our brain is.

I can show you another reason by a quote from Shulgin about his first (mescaline)trip:
"More than anything else, the world amazed me, in that I saw it as I had when I was a child. I had forgotten the beauty and the magic and the knowingness of it and me. I was in familiar territory, a pace wherein I had once roamed as an immortal explorer, and I was recalling everything that had been authentically known to me then, and which I had abandoned, then forgotten, with my coming of age. Like the touchstone that recalls a dream to sudden presence, this experience reaffirmed a miracle of excitement that I had known in my childhood but had been pressured to forget."

Mushrooms are a tool to show me that we live in a wonderful and complex magic world that isn't normal at all. There is always something that can amaze me. Gravity is soo normal for most people, many people haven't even thought about it, but it is fucking weird. I am still amazed if I think about the weird thing called gravity. This amazement brings me fun and happiness.

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
    #4541915 - 08/16/05 12:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

Life starts in the warm nurturing womb and it ends in a cold wooden box. So it's not the destination thats important in life, but rather the Journey itself.
The Mushroom and I walk the road together.

Inspiring

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4542291 - 08/16/05 02:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

My immediante responses:

"They do so much for me."

"They help keep me clean inside."

"They are plant teachers with a message from God."

I've found that trying to explain my motivations for using mushrooms to people who don't WANT to understand (just want me to stop) is pointless. It's like you're talking to a rock. I don't ever feel compelled to go into detail with my use with those types of people.

I don't know; I guess I feel that there is no way I could ever help someone see how deep on a soul level that mushrooms have impacted me. Words seem futile.

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: MOTH]
    #4542477 - 08/16/05 03:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

to be honest i wouldnt try to come up with any special reason. i would either tell them to stfu, or come up with something that would never have them ask me that stupid question again. i hold strongly to that its nobodys business what drugs i do. and usually when that question is asked, its for some sort of guilt reason. so fuck them. worry bout your own problems.

(not flaming the thread, just being honest)

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4542558 - 08/16/05 03:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

>why you want to keep on using mushrooms despite risks medical, social and legal.

Well, Id say they are no risk to me medically or socially, especially compared to alcohol, which you (my parents :wink:) drink often, and I dont..or cigerettes, which you smoked for how many decades, and I dont and havnt. Legally, its very easy to do mushrooms without getting caught, you dont go anywhere..if you stay safe, then theres no problems. Both mushrooms and pot are legally a problem for me, which I long ago accepted, because they aid me mentally (mushrooms) and physically (pot). If I'm constantly worried about the legal problems of pot anyway, why not the occasional mushroom dose? Its a very small added risk for what it brings me.

That would probably be my response.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4542705 - 08/16/05 04:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think I've ever been asked that question in my life, even by straight (non-psychedelic) people.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #4542876 - 08/16/05 05:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

For me... Physcedelics shaped culture, have been used longer than time has been kept. Can it really hurt for me to experiecne a harmless drug that has been influencing people since the beginning of time?

I do not believe that these drugs actually connect you in any way with god, the universe, or this world. But I do believe that they allow you to percieve and "see" differently which may or may not give greater insight into your self or surroundings.

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4542973 - 08/16/05 06:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

how about
"ok ill stop doing them"

a lie never hurts.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4543402 - 08/16/05 08:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 02:44 AM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4543901 - 08/16/05 10:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Of the few people that know I use mushrooms there is only person that has ever said that I should quit. All of the others, either approve completely or are kind of indifferent to it.

The one guy that gives me shit about it is completely against any drug whatsoever in every shape or form(except alcohol). He believes that pain killers are for weak people and that any form of drug use at all is unspeakable.

There is nothing that I could ever say to him that would make any difference. I tried to explain shrooms to him one time and after a few days of on and off discussions, he asked for a dose to see what I just didn't want stop doing. I gave him a small dose(1.5gm) and he freaked out. Now he's worse than ever.

If someone else ever asks me why don't I quit, I'll just tell them that I believe that shrooms enable me to view things in ways that I previously could not fathom. They let me see things in a new perspective, they help me to appreciate my loved ones better, and I just plain like to trip.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinedivinityinfinity
Hot LittleMuffin

Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4544154 - 08/16/05 11:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"why dont you quit using those mushrooms"

because i believe it to be nothing more than a beautiful, inspiring, insightful, FUN experience

and i wont sit here and be told that harmless fun is somehow bad and wrong

notice how everything in life with pleasure is somehow associated with guilt? Sex, drugs, wealth, love, food.....

i wont be told sitting at home having major and complete bonding experiences with my boyfriend is a bad thing. Thats even the reason i gave my mother when we got drunk together one night and she asked me if i took drugs, and if i did, why i did it. I told her that she's been raised with a complete and totally skewed view of what drugs are and what they do. If you're a normal stable person all you want to do while tripping or rolling is have a major good time.

People are more violent on alcohol, hooray for the psychadelic enthusiasts in the world

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: divinityinfinity]
    #4544265 - 08/17/05 12:06 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"The one guy that gives me shit about it is completely against any drug whatsoever in every shape or form(except alcohol). He believes that pain killers are for weak people and that any form of drug use at all is unspeakable."

ask him how many deaths are from mushrooms,then ask how many deaths are from alchol,or show him the facts of how many deaths there are between the two.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: unearth]
    #4544328 - 08/17/05 12:17 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

unearth said:
"The one guy that gives me shit about it is completely against any drug whatsoever in every shape or form(except alcohol). He believes that pain killers are for weak people and that any form of drug use at all is unspeakable."

ask him how many deaths are from mushrooms,then ask how many deaths are from alchol,or show him the facts of how many deaths there are between the two.

Oh he knows too well how damaging alcohol can be. His father was a big time alcoholic. He just thinks that it's all about having some alcoholic gene or not having it. He's convinced he doesn't have it so drinking is ok for him.

As far as shrooms go, he saw things in his own mind that he couldn't handle. It's best that he never do them again. He will never, never be able to look at things from anyones perspective besides his own. That is just who he is. It sucks to be related to such a personality.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineTrust
Stranger
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: unearth]
    #4544341 - 08/17/05 12:19 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've been asked this question for pot many times.. but mushrooms I keep on the down-lo, so it has never come up.

My parents believe weed is a gateway drug and I told them I would never do anything harder, so they would be very ticked off if I broke that promise. If I was caught I would say someone gave them to me for free so I took them when I was drunk at a party or something.

I'm with shroomartist and his answer lol.

Ekstaza, your post made me laugh pretty damn hard man. You but shrooms on a drug nazi's food lol.

OfflineBungel
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: Trust]
    #4544513 - 08/17/05 01:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Basically, its something i enjoy doing as a pass-time. I think the whole idea of doing it socially with friends is great. I may not always learn something from it but in general i have a good time whilst doing it.

As with anything you do, there will be upsides and downsides. For me, the possitives that i have experienced.. far out weigh the negatives.

Each to there own.

OfflineBungel
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: Bungel]
    #4544572 - 08/17/05 01:12 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

People also tell me that there is better things i could be doing with my time.... and yes, i do agree there is!

But!.... on the other hand, i could spend $30(NZ) playing pool for 3 hours... and be no better off than before, but i did enjoy it. and noone would have a problem with that.

But i choose to try drugs out and maybe spend roughly the same amount of $$ and time doing it...

Again.. Each To Their Own

Offlinejobot37
Edible hunter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oregon, Willamette Valley
Re: Why don't you quit using those mushrooms? [Re: Bungel]
    #4544635 - 08/17/05 01:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Because there is still so much to learn.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience