Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
New sclerotia producer Psilocybe atlantis is on offer at sporeworks
    #4541531 - 08/16/05 09:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Only $23 at the moment at sporeworks. Get it while it is cheap and still in stock! Be one of the first to test drive it.

There is more info in the advanced section about it. It looks like this species is suited to bulk bag growing as it produces sclerotia throughout the bag/jar, (mexicana and tamp produce mainly at the glass interface so large jars may have a lower % yeild per weight than smaller jars). You could pile up a lot of bags in a warm closet for the ultimate in stealth and space efficiency with minimum maintenance

http://sporeworks.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16273&cat=0&page=1&featured

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New sclerotia producer Psilocybe atlantis is on offer at sporeworks [Re: blackout]
    #4554564 - 08/19/05 07:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My syringe arrived today, posted tuesday, arrives friday to europe and that was the cheapest shipping!
Any ideas for substrates would be appreciated. I will be doing brown rice, maybe supplemented with dried blood or probably cooked in neutralised coffee. I will also do wheat in coffee. I do not like the idea of blood as with sclerotia you end up eating the actual substrate, manure is out too  :eek:

For any newbies out there sclerotia is without a doubt the easiest way to grow active substances. High yeild in low space with extremely little maintenance. Doesnt need light, terranium, humidity, fanning, misting etc. Just inject a bag of substrate and leave it in a warm place for a few months, then harvest.

--------------------

Edited by blackout (08/19/05 07:30 AM)

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: New sclerotia producer Psilocybe atlantis is on offer at sporeworks [Re: blackout]
    #4554603 - 08/19/05 08:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey blackout,

Sounds good. I don't know much about sclerotia, but most newbies are looking for faster results than a "few months". I guess that it is really a for real neglect tek, but a few months is a long time to wait, when for a little effort they can get quicker results. Even stealth

Not downplaying it any, just my 2cents!

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New sclerotia producer Psilocybe atlantis is on offer at sporeworks [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4554633 - 08/19/05 08:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Most beginners will take about 2 months from arrival of the syringe until their first harvest. People will grow impatient since there is so little to do with sclerotia whereas with a cube grow there is lots of stuff to be done throughout the grow cycle. Many people want stealth growing, or are worried about leaving cube setups while they go on holiday, no worries with sclerotia. I still cannot understand why it is not more popular.

I am not sure how fast the atlantis strain is, mexicana is about 3 months until full maturity, but you could crack open a jar early for a dose if you are not that patient.

Failure rate will be higher first timers, with sclerotia there is little room for contams since there is no transferring/birthing/casing etc, my first 2 grows failed. You can work in a dirty environment with sclerotia and you do not need as many things as you would for a PF cake grow, no perlite/verm/rubbermaid etc. stuff many find hard to source.

--------------------

Edited by blackout (08/19/05 08:56 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation