Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, DXM, Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Tripping again to confront a bad trip?
    #4541295 - 08/16/05 06:10 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

A few months ago I had really bad DXM trip, which I've posted about here before. It caused me months of anxiety, and took me about 4 months to finally feel close to normal again. It's now been 7 months since that trip, drug-free except for alcohol, but I still don't feel like myself. I feel like I lost some part of myself during that trip which hasn't returned. I feel disconnected and empty inside, and it's affecting my life in a major way.

There's this feeling in the back of my mind that's been causing me sadness and anxiety ever since the trip. It's the worst when I'm alone at night in bed, and I can't sleep because of it (I can only sleep after the sun's come up). This feeling creeps up on me, and makes me terrified to be alone, and I usually end up breaking into tears at the thought of it. But I don't know what the feeling is or what's causing it.

So here's the deal. I was considering the idea of tripping again to deal with the stuff that happened on the last trip, in hopes that I can mend the issue and feel whole again. I need some serious advice here. Do you think this will help? Has anyone done that before with success? Has anyone here delt with a bad trip by tripping again and changing your mindset that way?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: moog]
    #4541516 - 08/16/05 09:46 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

IMO, there isn't any right advice that anyone can give to this question. If i was you i would strongly consider trying a DXM experience again, but only if i was 100% confident.

You could try doing a mushrooms trip and see what is uncovered. Psychedelics can have a strong, lasting effect on the brain, depending on brain chemistry i guess.

From what your describing you seem to be suffering from a kind of drug induced depression. I know how it feels, i get bad XTC crashes. For the week after a roll i cant sleep untill the sun rises, or i have to leave the television on mute. Its a horrible place to be, paranoid, anxious & alone. The feeling that nothing in your life matters and nothing is worth living for. After that one week i begin to return to normal and realize that it was all in my head, such as i believe most depression can be treated with a bit of confidence and mind over matter.

Its your choice dude, if i was you (which I'm not) i would try a lower dose of DXM and work my way. Maybe over a number of trips or one long stretched out one.

Good luck & watch yourself,
Mushie Man

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Edited by Mushie_Man (08/16/05 12:09 PM)

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4541783 - 08/16/05 11:40 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There's no right answer to this question. It really just depends on your state of mind and a variety of unknowns. Tripping could help bring your anxieties to light so that you can deal with them, or it could exacerbate all your problems. There's really no way to tell. How you prepare for the trip, should you decide to take it, can contribute to the difference between a good trip and a bad one. Meditation, for example, can be very helpful for life in general and it is very valuable for quieting the mind before a trip.

If these anxiety issues are severe enough to greatly interfere with your life, there's no reason not to see a psychologist--it might really be to your benefit.

Best of luck to you!

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4542039 - 08/16/05 01:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Don't blame the drugs.. :smile:

so yes! do it! and so it again! :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: Gomp]
    #4542952 - 08/16/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

dxm can be a really scary trip in third (and hopefully you don't go to the 4th) plateau doses from what i hear.... some say way scarier than acid.

You probably should trip again when the time is right to see if you can fix some things, but maybe not on DXM again, maybe a moderate psychedelic dose of something else.....

plus dxm is kind of dangerous in the upper plateaus.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinepsilojoe
Mr
Male

Loc: Camden, London, England
Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: Gomp]
    #4542999 - 08/16/05 06:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry to disagree with the general consensus but i think that having another DXM trip is unlikely to be a good idea. 7 months is a very long time, but leaving it even longer wont hurt, on the other hand doing DXM again mite hurt you alot if your consciousness is still fragile, the pathway to hell is much more easily accessible when you are in that state. Give yourself more time for these underlying feelings you have to sort themselves out before you trip again, time is a better remedy for anxiety than DXM

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
    #4543059 - 08/16/05 06:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, the following quotes have been copied from my new bible 'LSD Psychotherapy' by Stanislav Grof (p.148). I believe you will find them useful.

---

Sometimes the integration of the [LSD] session takes days or weeks. It is important to encourage the client to keep the emotional channels open and continue the uncovering process, rather than try to shut them off prematurely by psychological means or with tranquillizers.

When the spontaneous process does not have enough dynamic strength to complete itself, the sitters should do intense activating work with the client? An interesting alternative to the approach? is use of prolonged hyperventilation? Intense breathing, continued for a period of about thirty to forty-five minutes, tends to collect the tensions in the body into a stereotyped pattern of armoring and eventually release them. This is associated with activation of important material from various levels of the unconsciousness. This is a very effective way of clearing residual problems after a psychedelic experience. The use of this technique requires certain background information and special instructions? [the technique is named Holotropic Breathwork; see www.holotropic.com for details. ]

If neither of the above techniques brings a satisfactory psychological resolution, another psychedelic session should be scheduled as soon as possible. The general principle applied here might seem paradoxical to a conventional psychiatrist. Psychedelic therapy can be discontinued at any tie after a successful session that was well integrated. If it resulted in an intensification of clinical symptoms or a prolonged reaction, continuation of therapy is indicated. The basic ideas is that this is not due to some unpredictable effect of LSD, but represents an unfinished unconscious gestalt that should be completed.

---

So here you go. As suggested above, I advise you try the Holotropic Breathwork first , and if that doesn't work continue with psychedelic session of your choice. I also highly recommend you make a habit of a daily meditation practice for a week or two before the session.

:goodluck:

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4543369 - 08/16/05 08:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well I don't really want to dose DXM again. I told myself I'd never touch it again for a long time. I'd rather get some mushrooms, but since I moved out of the big city and into hickville country I don't know the first place to look for any non-legal drugs. So DXM is the only drug solution right now.

First I'm gonna try meditating. Since the anxiety is the worst when I'm alone, maybe I can naturally reach a higher state of mind while meditating and deal with it that way. If that doesn't work, I'll start out with a small dose of DXM and work my way up and see where that gets me. I figure if I start out small I can catch the bad feelings while they're small before they turn into a bad trip at higher doses.

Thanks everyone for your help. :heart:

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

#4543869 - 08/16/05 10:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

To me it sounds like you are unsure of yourself about this trip. I have never thought it was a good idea to trip when you feel uneasy. I would suggest not tripping alone on this one. Ease into it and feel it out. If I was in your shoes I would eat some good mushies instead, if it all possible to get your hands on them. Otherwise good luck, and I hope your trip does the trick.

Oh and about the XTC crashes. As far as I know XTC drains your dopamine(or is it seratonin?) reserves, which make you feel happy, for lack of better words. Hence the next day you will feel depressed. Its just like in the winter with less sunlight, you feel sad, same thing.

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4543881 - 08/16/05 10:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I would give it some time.
get into shape.
learn to clear your mind (meditation).

when you get the chance, take something
positive like MDMA and try to embrace what scared you
during your bad trip.

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4544260 - 08/17/05 12:05 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Personally, I don't see how taking another dose of a substance that has already given you such problems will help at all. I say stay away from that stuff....

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#4545940 - 08/17/05 10:26 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

you sound like a smart guy so
forget that drug
whatever part you lost
let it go
and move on

OfflineColdNewWorld
LovePirateLostOnTheSea
Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: Grav]
    #4548289 - 08/17/05 09:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Definatly dont do fucking DXM again. Its not that great of a drug, its not very spiritual, meaningful, etc... trust me ive taken alot of it.
If you want to confront your innerself eat some acid, or mushrooms.

OfflineColdNewWorld
LovePirateLostOnTheSea
Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: ColdNewWorld]
    #4548306 - 08/17/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yea cant you see the bad in the drug that would:
1)make you feel bad, then
2)want to do it all over again?
STAY AWAY!

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: ColdNewWorld]
    #4548886 - 08/17/05 11:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

also try taking up lucid dreaming

you can confront a ton of messed up stuff without getting as emotionally scarred since it happens naturally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

the WBTB method if done with a determined mindset should yield very quick success... (imo at least, i've practised myself into being a natural)

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: leery11]
    #5782089 - 06/22/06 11:53 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

hey man i kind of know what ur going through i think. I dont think psychedelics are as simple as people make them seem. If it made u feel bad once it isnt necessarily going to do it again. Dxms effect on the brain is not as simple as getting drunk. Thats why i love them, the depth of them. But really im not sure either way. Im debating doing the same thing with mushrooms myself. Right now i am the most antisocial, and paranoid ive ever been in my life. Ive gotten this way because of mushrooms. But i believe that the reason that am like this is i had handled something brought on by the experience in the wrong way, or taken something it showed me the wrong way. I am going to try to understand my delusions through tripping. I feel that relearning something about myself and humanity will help me understand these delusions and get me back in the loop. ive been slowly working my way up with morning glory seeds to higher and higher doses and im going to depend on the substance to tell me when to stop. ive done dxm before and for some reason its the easiest drug for me, concerning paranoia. I have had many problems with paranoia but i think they relate with my mushroom use. After working myself up with dxm eventually to a level four experience one time i tried to acheive this again to a movie i had been waiting to come out for a long time, Howl's moving castle. I could not understand what was going on and i felt like the drug was dumbing me out. I felt like i was wasting my first experience of an amazing movie. Also i became dissapointed because id only reached the third platuea. I remember falling asleep feeling somewhat depressed. When i woke up though i found out the true meaning of depression, as id never been so depressed in my life. dxm blankets my paranoic tendencies though for some reason. This depression was not anything like the social anxiety i usually went trhough. The blanket was still there in a way, i was so depressed i didnt even care about other social anxiety as i didnt really think it mattered any more. Ive thought about using dxm to treat my social anxiety before, but after my last trip ive been avoiding it, because the signs the drug gave me. I am debating on just giving it up for good, because of its health affects. Any ways i think your plan could be a good idea in the right circumstances. Whatever u went through on your bad trip on dxm, imagine you have to go through it all again. What makes you think you could stay in controll this time? It may even be harder this time because you may have built up some extra anxiety concerning those feelings, and when the slightest of them come youll freak out. That would not be good at all. But if you are using a different substance, mabey you can access that mindset without jumping all the way in to the same problem. I think if you have come to a better understanding of what happened to you and you feel that you are ready to CONFRONT this you should go ahead with your plan. In my opinion u should only do this if u beleive that u need to be enlightened of something. If there is something you need to learn. From what ive experienced from my dxm induced depression, is that it is an irrational feeling that i understood was making me feel bad. I completely understood, and i dont think theres anything i could learn that would make me feel better about it. If i were thinking about treating my DEPRESSION, i wouldnt risk it. Well i hope this post helped you in some way...tell us what u finally decide on doing. Good Luck!!

ps: I ordered a pound of untreated morning glorys online for 35 dollars and that is enough seeds to sponser my tripping for years. Mabey thats the way u should go?

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #5783027 - 06/23/06 07:32 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Another trip could be effective, but you risk unearthing a lifetime of
problems you've ignored. In the long run, that's a good thing, but it's
certainly unpleasant to do.

edit: I would recommend a less controversial substance, like
high-dose marijuana or mushrooms. People here don't seem to like
DXM.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Edited by BloodNOil (06/23/06 07:48 AM)

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: BloodNOil]
    #5797884 - 06/28/06 01:54 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, avoid the DXM dude. go with some mushrooms or acid but make sure the time is right...you'll know when it is.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineFunnyFaces
Epic Delusions
Re: Tripping again to confront a bad trip? [Re: kake]
    #5798546 - 06/28/06 08:52 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I think you guys have given some good advice but mostly have been ignoring his statement:

"I'd rather get some mushrooms, but since I moved out of the big city and into hickville country I don't know the first place to look for any non-legal drugs."

I understand how you feel moog, I live in a very small college town in a conservative region so there isn't much access for most people to substances of choice. 

That being said, I think that psychedelics are a great tool for delving into subconscious issues.  While you may not have connections to the underground markets, consider the various legal alternatives you have available.  San Pedro cactus or Ayahuasca preperations are both very meaningful experiences but also require a few days dedication as with the trip duration and physical effects, you will want to leave some time before and after for purifying the body. 

I have a feeling that these experiences might be a little much for a person in a fragile state such as yours, so you might consider testing the waters in a little shallower depths of the pool, perhaps with some of the various phenethalymines/tryptamines available to those who bother searching :smile:  Other options include morning glory seeds or aminita mushrooms, among many legal alternatives.

--------------------
This is not me. I am nothing.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5798980 - 06/28/06 01:08 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know if you remember when I had that really bad LSD trip that left me hospitalized, but a lot of people here told me I should never do acid again(or even trip again). Well, I ended up doing acid again about 6 months later, and I'm glad I did. In fact, every acid trip I've had since then has been awesome. And after having that experience, I have a better idea of what not to do. Anyway, it's your call. Just thought I'd share that.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, DXM, Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being