Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

The war on drugs online.
    #4541293 - 08/16/05 06:09 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Despite the fact that the government has been flooding the Internet with drug war propaganda and misinformation, they can not censor everything online. The government has been using TV to control the masses for as long as their has been a war on drugs. The government can censor everything that goes on TV and they can even force networks to run their drug war commercials for 50 percent off. The government has even been able to force directors and writers to add drug war propaganda into their programming. The Internet is our last hope, the people that go online are a lot smarter than the people that watch TV. If we can simply reveal the truth to them online the war on drugs should be over in less than 12 years.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2000/01/13/drugs/
http://www.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/09/18/campbell/
Do you support George Bush, Bill Clinton, and the war on drugs?
You may choose only one
No
Yes

Votes accepted from (08/16/05 06:05 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesupercool
Stranger
Re: The war on drugs online. [Re: LSDempire]
    #4546882 - 08/17/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

O man that is so true. All of my friends have been watching tv most of their lives and they grew up believing things theyve learned from movies and shows. When I told this one girl that I was doing shrooms she was like OMG DONT DO SHROOMS! THEYRE BAD!, and i asked her why and she said "because they just are". And she happens to be smoking cigarrettes and getting drunk like every 3 days. :cuckoo: brainwashed

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: The war on drugs online. [Re: supercool]
    #4547438 - 08/17/05 06:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah... I don't use the age old arguement that alcohol's a ton worse than marijuana, but I find it particularly fucking annoying when people are like that, and they're alcoholics that are also bound to ciggarettes.

.... plus, we all know alcohol's a ton worse than smoking marijuana. :wink:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: The war on drugs online. [Re: supercool]
    #4548335 - 08/17/05 09:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Bill Clinton probably smokes some herb.... I support him more than GW. (who also smokes herb, but seems more content with draconian shit to me)

But yes, I agree. This is precisely why the internet MUST be censored sooner or later. It is a threat to everything America worked so hard to indoctrinate us with. If the government was smart they'd let us "get pissed off" then say "yes we agree" and do whatever we ask them so they can continue to control us with kindness.

But I'm worried sooner or later that the American person's access to a "free internet" will be limited at best.

Then again most Americans don't venture outside of mainstreamed sites like CNN, FOX, MSN, and all the trendy stuff anyway, so who knows.
Quote:

supercool said:
O man that is so true. All of my friends have been watching tv most of their lives and they grew up believing things theyve learned from movies and shows. When I told this one girl that I was doing shrooms she was like OMG DONT DO SHROOMS! THEYRE BAD!, and i asked her why and she said "because they just are". And she happens to be smoking cigarrettes and getting drunk like every 3 days. :cuckoo: brainwashed

people like that are so stupid you can break them though. First they have to trust you, and second just answer their statements with more questions.

But the key is trust. They have to view you as a person, not a drug user.

So basically it could go like?
Y: Why are they bad?
H: Well...... they're not good for you.
Y: What do you mean? What do you know about their detrimental health effects.
H: well like, they mess up your brain.
Y: *debunk that myth with calm facts*
H: I don't know.

repeat this dance until her brain has been cleansed on a level deep enough to sway the propoganda she's stuck in... but you really need to know your shit and state it like EVERYONE KNOWS THIS, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU ? Otherwise they'll think you're making it up.

generally you won't be able to engage them for too long until they get uncomfortable or stop caring... but even if they don't show it, you've shaken up their conceptions and they'll be more doubtful in the future. The vital key is having them look at you as a person that is credible, rather than looking at you through brainwashed eyes as a druggie.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/17/05 09:35 PM)

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: The war on drugs online. [Re: leery11]
    #4592958 - 08/29/05 12:18 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

People that support the war on drugs tend to be greedy sadists, this includes Bill Clinton and George Bush.

Offlinekora
RAWR!
Re: The war on drugs online. [Re: LSDempire]
    #5837053 - 07/09/06 12:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

fuck take one vote off of no, i hit it on accident.

--------------------
Drugs may lead to nowhere, but atleast it's the scenic route.

*Got left over HBWR Seeds? PM Me!*

Offline76degrees
Apprentice

Loc: Middle Earth
Re: The war on drugs online. [Re: kora]
    #5838661 - 07/09/06 02:25 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

There's only one problem. The internet is run by huge corporations. It's already a marketing mecca. It's only a matter of time before the stangle hold is applied. We are in the golden age of the internet. I hate to be a doomsayer, but organizing and grass roots campaigns are our only real hope. The internet will not save us. Only we can do that.

--------------------
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Offlinemusicturkey
Mitakuye Oyasin
Male

Loc: MidWest
Re: The war on drugs online. [Re: 76degrees]
    #5848711 - 07/11/06 11:14 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

76degrees said:
There's only one problem. The internet is run by huge corporations. It's already a marketing mecca. It's only a matter of time before the stangle hold is applied. We are in the golden age of the internet. I hate to be a doomsayer, but organizing and grass roots campaigns are our only real hope. The internet will not save us. Only we can do that.

Wow well said

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform