Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
What you believe to be true...
    #4540094 - 08/15/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Isn't it all opinions? Isn't what we believe to be 'truth' or 'fact' just what is collectively believed using the constructs we have created through our other previous opinions? For example, it is an opinion that 1 + 1 = 2 based on the opinion that 1 even exists as a singular unit. Call me crazy... I know.

Just because the majority of people with rulers and calculators and clocks believe something to be true doesn't make it a fixed paradigm for everybody. I'd like to suggest the possibility of expanding your mind into the awareness that all possibilities exist. I don't just mean that in the next moment anything could happen out of a range of probabilities - I mean that virtually everything we hold to be truth could be totally flipped around, sliced up, inverted, polarized, encrypted with this method and decrypted with something entirely different.

If I have you in a state now where you want to challenge this suggestion then I feel that these wise words could be most useful to you. With the ammount of fear that is pulsing through our vains and the ammount of uncertainty we are faced with, we are gripping onto whatever we can that will give us a feeling of safety and certainty. We drive for more knowledge while pushing these new discoveries onto as many people as we can in order to create a greater support for our construct. We are the matrix creators. Everytime we open our mouths to gain support, including this post I am making now, comes from the desire to manifest our reality.

Allow people to have their own beliefs and it will give you the freedom to embrace your own infinite dreams. While we are resisting others we are creating walls and restrictions within ourselves, programming ourselves into a locked mentality where we do not give ourselves permission to fly.

I'm writing this because I want to see a world where people feel they can share their beliefs without feeling ridiculed for lacking evidence. I believe we are entering an era of fantasy where laws of space and time will wash away as quickly and happily as the average joe will walk away from his day job.

Every new frontier has been the act of walking out on a limb - believing in something before it is yet evident or tangible. We cannot prove the existance of freedom because how can freedom be defined with definitions? The step from limitation into infinity is one of faith. I think we have all had enough experience now to realise that something truly magical is taking place in this world - if you need more time to start believing in the intelligent love at play, cool, work on it, have some more shrooms - but why try and knock down somebody who's playing outside while you're stuck at the table still eating your dinner?

Food for thought? Or ridicule? You decide...

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

Re: What you believe to be true... [Re: iambobby]
    #4540517 - 08/15/05 11:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

But you know your perception gives your perceived consciousness the information it does. Even if that is circular it still counts. Whatever makes me behave the way I do, makes me behave the way I do because of the way it is. Hah. Thats ridiculous, but its valuable because you can believe in truths within this spectrum of skepticism. In the end it provides no more that a disclaimer like 'this could be bull' but I find comfort in justifying my 'knowledge' with that.

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4540646 - 08/16/05 12:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Isn't it all opinions?

Pardon my bluntness, but that certainly is a stupid question. No need to even read the rest of your post. :ban:

If you change your opinion or disbelieve in math or physics will your computer still work?

Yes or no.

There. You just answered your own question without pages and years of mental masturbation.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What you believe to be true... [Re: Swami]
    #4540694 - 08/16/05 12:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that crazy swami! whatever will he say next? he just likes to be a spoilsport methinks. pah to your logic! I'm with you bobby. lets fly away on magic carpets with the unicorns into a sparkling rainbow! :fairy: :flowerchild:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: What you believe to be true... [Re: psychomime]
    #4540837 - 08/16/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In my OPINION, unicorns can't fly into rainbows. :smirk:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: What you believe to be true... [Re: psychomime]
    #4540848 - 08/16/05 01:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A stupid question? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Ban? Why not call a witch hunt while you're at it. Its an expected fear driven response from one with strong attachment to 'mental masturbation' as you put it. Let me know when you discover the cure and send some my way...

I write code alot. Its based on absolutes in order to work. Sometimes things go wrong and I can't work out why. I leave it, come back and its working. Many coders have this same experience.

I'm sure in your flustered state of mental certainty being challenged you will overlook the 'fact' that you are validating the very activity I am talking about in this post by stepping into mockery. If you think what I am saying has no basis or value, then I am a moron and you are kicking a retard while he is down. I think its a little bit more likely that if you are trying to prove me wrong then you are trying to pull me down to your level.

Anyways, eat up - don't let your food get cold... come join me and psychomime on the unicorn...  :rofl2:

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4540857 - 08/16/05 01:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The thought that one creates their own reality... is a popular Spiritual belief among Shroomerites... and many world religions.

However, as truthful as it can seem, science has yet to prove the theory... although it is a unique world view, because it could one day be discovered to be fact... unlike countless other faiths, which are stuck in the Dark Ages.

We do get to choose how to view our world, and that, "What you believe to be true..." way doesn't entirely suck. You could do worse...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4540885 - 08/16/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ban? Why not call a witch hunt while you're at it.
Chill, bro. I was talking about a ban on me, not you.

I write code alot. Its based on absolutes in order to work. Sometimes things go wrong and I can't work out why. I leave it, come back and its working. Many coders have this same experience.
The act of walking away has some magical properties, is that it? I have probably writ over a million lines of code. Never encountered any magic not based upon understanding of hardware and software.

If you think what I am saying has no basis or value, then I am a moron...
Your synopsis not mine. Highly intelligent people are capable of silly acts.

All bluster aside, you failed to answer my simple direct question. This is symptomatic and nearly universal among magical proponents. Posters have failed to answer yes or no over a thousand times in six years. Two or three lettters -what is the difficulty?

I think its a little bit more likely that if you are trying to prove me wrong...
More running on. Do you want to get to the bottom or not; or go on for pages upon pages without getting any closer?

If you stop believing in electricity will your lights still come on?

--------------------

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

#4541103 - 08/16/05 02:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Silly acts relative to what?

Closer to what? Being wrong or right?

The difficulty is people can feel when you want to prove them wrong. People like me probably don't answer your yes or no questions because it doesn't feel like you are coming from a encouraging place of mind expansion. Are you a brother lifting me up and hoping the best for me or not? To me it feels like you are very rigid and righteous in what you believe and you are not willing to open up to something beyond what you have attained. I get the feeling that you'd like to believe in more, hence why you are here and reading words that I have written and the way you will arrive at this is by doing your best to prove me wrong. I too have been a skeptic and perhaps moreso then you.

Now,
Yes and No.
Yes, if it is a belief backed with a strong enough emotional desire. There's a hell of alot of constructs deeply rooted in us. Each memory that holds up the reality we experience is forged in consciousness with emotion and feeling. I imagine that in order to transcend the confines we have placed on ourselves requires a summoning of emotion that overweighs the strength of the bonds that created them. Its a huge obstacle, or at least it seams that way. We're all holding each other back by collectively believing in these limitations.

No, if its simply to prove I am right. The desire to be supremely intelligent is not a strong enough force for me to make magic happen.

I experience magic all the time. The timing of things is perfect. I can feel an unfolding and I know that there is some seriously awesome powers at play in our favour. I don't want you to let go of the tools you use to derive your truth. I'm not saying my way is better than yours. I'm saying its time to let the inner child out to play. What does he have to lose?

Will Science will ever make discoveries that cancels itself out? Science to me is the art of understanding the laws that govern reality. What I am proposing however is the idea that there are no laws so how can one possibly arrive at this conclusion when one is searching for laws? There has been many men who have gone to court to challenge the whole legal system in Australia, saying it has been created based on false things, I don't really know the whole story but do you think the court will rule itself out of power? I can see the headlines now "Today in breaking news, Judge Bobby has ruled in favour of the people and reprimanded itself of all its powers". Yeah right.

Now of course, as I suggest the idea that the mental prisons you may or may not have worked so hard to attain for yourself, may not apply to everybody, you defend yourself. Of course you're not going to come on board with me. I don't expect you to and I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you to give me the freedom to express myself without ridicule and without the primitive 'proof' pack mentality.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4541115 - 08/16/05 02:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

iambobby said:
I don't expect you to and I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you to give me the freedom to express myself without ridicule and without the primitive 'proof' pack mentality.

If you believe you create your own reality, give yourself the freedom.

And, one does not make a pack.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: What you believe to be true... [Re: Rose]
    #4541214 - 08/16/05 03:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
If you believe you create your own reality, give yourself the freedom.

And, one does not make a pack.

You're right. I need to stop talking about it and do it. Fighting myself, I am. The failure within me seeks further validation but everytime I reach out, I am met with rejection. I defeat myself before I begin.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4541253 - 08/16/05 03:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The difficulty is ...
Blah blah blah. I asked you to answer your own question. How is that imposing my world view?

Yes and No.
*Sigh* Too difficult, eh?

Yes, if ...
If? Either you can or cannot stop electricity from working.

We're all holding each other back by collectively believing in these limitations.
More New Age drivel. You cannot do what you believe in then explain why you can't. That is nonsensical double-speak.

I'm saying its time to let the inner child out to play.
OK, let's go up on the roof of a ten story building and you can let your inner child jump because you believe you can fly.

What I am proposing however is the idea that there are no laws...
A proposition based on nothing whatsoever.

I'm asking you to give me the freedom to express myself...
You already have it. And I have the freedom to respond how I like. Simple how that works.

...without the primitive 'proof' pack mentality.
I am a pack of one.

Let me understand this: You can alter reality with your mind, but not so as anyone can see it. That is quite an amazing talent! This is called either imagination or delusion.

Or are you saying you could alter reality if you knew how? That is not any different.

Did you know that I could be the world heavy-weight boxing champ if only I were decades younger, 50 pounds heavier and was naturally gifted and trained like a maniac and had a great coach and...

--------------------

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

#4541292 - 08/16/05 04:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Have you got anything to add or is your game to feed off your own supremecy through doubting others?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4541450 - 08/16/05 06:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Bobby,

I hate to tell you, but this type of response has been done thousands of times here already. Every time no one has answer to a simple question they resort to analyzing the poster. This is called a "dodge".

Playing junior pyschologist does not better explain your position on creating reality, now does it?

As usual, there will be five more pages and no direct answer. Must every wide-eyed newbie fall into the EXACT same pattern? Where is the originality? And I am the one accused of not thinking outside the box.

--------------------

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

#4541545 - 08/16/05 08:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you think you have come across the likes of me before you are clearly about to be awakened, senior. Resorting to analysing the poster is valid as is anything, especially when you have taken the time to come into my thread and expose the limitations of my understanding.

If this pattern has emerged so many times, why continue to play the same games? I've been here for a week and evolved more than you probably have in your 6 years and 13,000 posts of digital superiority. I must admit credit you though for being so kind as to us my name, but of course you've used it as a way to undermine me, haven't you? I'd appreciate it if you refer to me as Master Bobby from now on, Swami.

I feel for you son. I can at least see my reflection in you. I can see how I am in a struggle for the need to be righteous. I can see that we're in the exact same dynamic. Do you? Or are you challenged to really relate to people and see beyond your bubble? I feel lucky that I have the courage to be able to let it go. But you, 6 yeras from now after I've run a million circles around you will still be thinking of pathetic ways to try and stop infinity from manifesting. Nice intelligence you've got there....but best of luck fighting the innevitable.

I will give you a teaching Swami, on creating reality. It is really quite silly though because life is teaching us all the time. We are being taught in every moment how to create our realities but I will highlight the way it works. Listen up now Jack.

Natures instinct is to advance beyond its current limitations. There is something, I don't know what its called because its probably something that cannot be name, that lives through everything. Some people call it lifeforce, some people call it God, some people call it Consciousness some people call it Bobby... oh no, thats just me. Whatever it is, we cannot capture it. We have tried almighty to grab it but we can't. This force Swami, it even lives in you. Now for some reason, this force just seems to keep on making its way towards infinity. It propels evolution forward.

Before matter makes a move forward it has a vision or an impulse or a dream that it can be more. It makes a move. It naturally attempts the most simple and obvious action. Sometimes it suceeds first time. Most of the time, it hits a wall. I would say that the majority of evolution works on the basis of failing 99% of the time in order to arrive at 1% victory. I could be wrong but you get the idea - lots of failed attempts in order to arrive at a successful acquisition of the evolutionary dream. The way to success is then embedded in the collective memory of this consciousness and gradually more make this same evolutionary breakthrough. Tada.

Now before you let your ignorant tripper happy fingers hit the keyboard to tell me I've dodged it again, lets apply this theory to the thread currently taking place so that I can prove to you how I've created this drama in order to display my understanding of the supportive forces at play and how this effects creating my reality.

This consciousness has now reached a point where it has evolved primitive life forms into sophisticated beings that are able to look within themselves and observe creation with a detached perspective. This is the closing scene where disconnected ignorant humans embrace the long forgotten connection with the infinite force. We are observing this right now...

Because I am open this force communicates with me and many others. Its called insight. We all have it but some are removed from it more than others. We choose to dull ourselves from it because it just tells us to leap. It desires expansion and is willing to allow us to try virtually anything in order to develop a greater understanding of itself.

Now since I am not fully infinite yet, I am still making stupid steps towards this infinity. I receive an inspiration to talk about the possibilities of going beyond the limitations of our mind and so immediately, innocently, I come to a forum where I feel the most advanced minds are, who also uphold a very strong resistance to my urge. And just like my primitive evolutionary friend before who hit a wall, so did I and I too learned about an obstacle standing in the way of me and my merging with infinity. This obstacle, is the need for validation of our thoughts and beliefs. (Now I'm feeding back my newfound knowledge with the Collective).

It is easy to see that I entered this forum with an agenda to have my impulse or my desire fulfilled. This was an act and attempt to create my reality. Virtually instantly, the flaws in my logic were revealed - life/me providing me/life with realtime feedback of what stands between me and my freedom: the full embrace of my shadow self who has manifested himself as a cynical arrogant man who lives in a boring world of predefined hardedged boxes.

Part of me wanted to just walk away from responding to this age old doubters response you have presented Swami, but I couldn't let this pattern just keep on repeating itself now, could I? Eventually the tired worn out dog needs to be put to rest to make way for the new breed.

What else have you got to say? I wear my heart on a sleeve - what do you reveal friend? Or will you say a whole bunch of pre-recorded stuff again without thinking anything new or insightful?

Slice and dice my post apart if you've got the energy. I'm timeless man I can go forever and I will until I prove to myself and others that I can do/think/feel/believe/desire whatever the fuck I like. And what I like is communicating and lifting people up and I do it all the time. Its my passion and my love and I do with pure words alone. Some people call it magic. Some people call me a miracle. Don't choke on your envy.

Enjoy.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4541562 - 08/16/05 08:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

iambobby said:
Isn't it all opinions? Isn't what we believe to be 'truth' or 'fact' just what is collectively believed using the constructs we have created through our other previous opinions? For example, it is an opinion that 1 + 1 = 2 based on the opinion that 1 even exists as a singular unit. Call me crazy... I know.

Just because the majority of people with rulers and calculators and clocks believe something to be true doesn't make it a fixed paradigm for everybody. I'd like to suggest the possibility of expanding your mind into the awareness that all possibilities exist. I don't just mean that in the next moment anything could happen out of a range of probabilities - I mean that virtually everything we hold to be truth could be totally flipped around, sliced up, inverted, polarized, encrypted with this method and decrypted with something entirely different.

If I have you in a state now where you want to challenge this suggestion then I feel that these wise words could be most useful to you. With the ammount of fear that is pulsing through our vains and the ammount of uncertainty we are faced with, we are gripping onto whatever we can that will give us a feeling of safety and certainty. We drive for more knowledge while pushing these new discoveries onto as many people as we can in order to create a greater support for our construct. We are the matrix creators. Everytime we open our mouths to gain support, including this post I am making now, comes from the desire to manifest our reality.

Allow people to have their own beliefs and it will give you the freedom to embrace your own infinite dreams. While we are resisting others we are creating walls and restrictions within ourselves, programming ourselves into a locked mentality where we do not give ourselves permission to fly.

I'm writing this because I want to see a world where people feel they can share their beliefs without feeling ridiculed for lacking evidence. I believe we are entering an era of fantasy where laws of space and time will wash away as quickly and happily as the average joe will walk away from his day job.

Every new frontier has been the act of walking out on a limb - believing in something before it is yet evident or tangible. We cannot prove the existance of freedom because how can freedom be defined with definitions? The step from limitation into infinity is one of faith. I think we have all had enough experience now to realise that something truly magical is taking place in this world - if you need more time to start believing in the intelligent love at play, cool, work on it, have some more shrooms - but why try and knock down somebody who's playing outside while you're stuck at the table still eating your dinner?

Food for thought? Or ridicule? You decide...

there is a way to test knowledge

for example, you think you understand some laws of physics, then you make a plane accoarding to them. If you were wrong, the plane will never take off

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4541570 - 08/16/05 08:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

600 more words. Still can't get a Yes or a No, just a lot of noise along with the standard projections.

*sigh*

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: What you believe to be true... [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4541582 - 08/16/05 08:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

for example, you think you understand some laws of physics, then you make a plane accoarding to them. If you were wrong, the plane will never take off

Can't you just talk it into flying? Convince it to shift its paradigm? Get it to do affirmations: "I am lighter than air. I am lighter than air." Won't that work?

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4541609 - 08/16/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

not that I know of

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: What you believe to be true... [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4541627 - 08/16/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What about those hovering vacuum cleaner parts in your avatar? How did they do it?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder