Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)?
    #4540125 - 08/15/05 11:17 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I work at a factory for 12 hours a day (you can see pictures here. http://www.androidthief.com/work.htm ).
After working there for a few months, I have pretty much thought about everything under the sun.. but I know there is so much more. Time goes by a thousand times slower though when I'm not thinking.
I just need perhaps some deep thoughts to get my mind rolling. Give me some good deep thoughts i can absorb, or maybe a 'game' i can play. For example, one time i meditated myself into a trance and lost control of my body for a few seconds. that was scary, but interesting. Anything similar to that, or other thoughts you think would occupy a bored  mind would be appreciated :smile:
I realize boredom is a disease of the mind.. but i can only think of stuff for so long in  a 12 hour block before it gets repetitive and my brain fries.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: Limelight]
    #4540160 - 08/15/05 11:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That place looks like hell on earth. You must leave! If I were you I would constantly think about getting a different job! (No offense....)

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4540194 - 08/15/05 11:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I leave for college in 2 weeks :smile:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: Limelight]
    #4540198 - 08/15/05 11:31 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Whew thank God. Then think about all the fun things you are gonna do in college!!

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #4540203 - 08/15/05 11:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe try to learn a new language. Can you listen to headphones or a little stereo? Conversational Latvian on CD. :smile:
Or compose music in your head. Write a symphony!
Or imagine what you might look like as a woman. What size are your breasts? Do your eyes sparkle? Would you wear Daisy Dukes?

:smile:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4540213 - 08/15/05 11:34 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That factory looks like the one Eminem was working in during "8-Mile". Does your supervisor yell out "Up! Down!"?

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4540222 - 08/15/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

haha. actually its so loud I can't hear anything. I have to wear earplugs. the press is as loud as a jet engine, if you can picture that. when it starts up it literally makes me cover my ears if i dont have my plugs in. So, music is out of the question.

and my supervisor yells' WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING STANDING THERE. GO GET ME A SANDWHICH"

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
    #4540226 - 08/15/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'd just go jerk off in the bathroom to kill time

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4540228 - 08/15/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Course I tell him to shove it, because I'm not his bitch :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4540238 - 08/15/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i cant kil ltime in the bathroom. I get no breaks the entire 12 hours. usually, i'm on my feet the entire time. on days i get breaks, i sit down for 10 minutes total, tops. its illegal im sure, but i dont care, i onyl work there a little bit longer.

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
    #4540241 - 08/15/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

jesus dude, i hope you're making at least $15 an hour....

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

#4540245 - 08/15/05 11:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I worked in a sweatshop before building computers 10 hours a day, I can't imagine 12 hours!!!

--------------------

OfflineAyla
The Jaded Candy Raver
Female

Loc: in a little room far away
Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4540250 - 08/15/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I used to work at a factory on a twelve hour 3rd shift =P Personally, I leaned against the machines that happened to vibrate and masturbated that way... but even that got old rather quickly.

Something I do occasionally, if you have time to close your eyes, is push your fingers at a diagonal angle into the corners of your eyes (near the nose). It causes my vision to get all cross-eyed for a moment before it's replaced by a quick moving "tunnel" of brownish-yellow and black squares. (similar to the type of tunnel stuff you'd see in a fourth plateau DXM trip and such)

I also enjoy thinking about ways to take over the world, what I'd do if I had no consequences to my actions, etc.

Hope you can make it thru the next couple of weeks. Good luck, hun.

--------------------
Legalize Marijuana -- Your PC is now Stoned!

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #4540253 - 08/15/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

what motivates you

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: baraka]
    #4540265 - 08/15/05 11:45 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:
what motivates you

true. i cant wait to go to school for the first two weeks when i dont have classes. hopefully i will try lsd  :ooo:

As for the person that asked, I make $8.50/hr  :blush:

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: Ayla]
    #4540268 - 08/15/05 11:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ayla said:
I used to work at a factory on a twelve hour 3rd shift =P  Personally, I  leaned against the machines that happened to vibrate and masturbated that way... but even that got old rather quickly.

Something I do occasionally, if you have time to close your eyes, is push your fingers at a diagonal angle into the corners of your eyes (near the nose).  It causes my vision to get all cross-eyed for a moment before it's replaced by a quick moving "tunnel" of brownish-yellow and black squares.  (similar to the type of tunnel stuff you'd see in a fourth plateau DXM trip and such)

I also enjoy thinking about ways to take over the world, what I'd do if I had no consequences to my actions, etc.

Hope you can make it thru the next couple of weeks.  Good luck, hun.

hhahaha, nice. there is actually a vibrating box RIGHT where i stand that i have to lean on, but its a little harder for a guy to do that :wink:
I'm gonna try the finger thing now though.. after i hit 'continue'  :thumbup:
Thanks for the suggestions  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4540541 - 08/16/05 01:29 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
As for the person that asked, I make $8.50/hr  :blush:

8.50?  Shit...is this factory in Guatemala or something?

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4541588 - 08/16/05 10:34 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

United states :o

--------------------

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

#4541809 - 08/16/05 11:50 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

repeat to yourself I will never ever do something like this for $8.50 again. Thats just wrong.

How about who on earth you think is an alien and why and what their motives are...we play this at work sometimes.

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: What are some things to think about (occupying a bored mind)? [Re: Gillette]
    #4543489 - 08/16/05 08:44 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

heh, kind of like men in black. i'd say paris hilton. i'd say she was sent as an alien probe to collect information on all possible diseases of the world.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: DXM

Community >> The Pub