Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: Swami]
    #4649246 - 09/12/05 05:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: kiosk]
    #4651166 - 09/12/05 04:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There is CLEARLY a "grey" alien figure in this painting who is CLEARLY holding a gun of some sort. There are countless other paintings and art that depict things like this, as well as flying silver discs

References please?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: trick]
    #4651179 - 09/12/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

For the 100th time, UFO means UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object. The word UNIDENTIFIED means you do not know what it is. It does not mean it is an alien ship.

If I find a coin that I cannot identify, I don't assume I'm rich... I assume I have a coin whose value is currently unknown.

[sighs in frustration] :rolleyes:

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Loc: LA
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: iambobby]
    #4651298 - 09/12/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is a little off topic, and I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I don't believe there's life out there. I think this is it, and our "purpose" is to go on living (life wants to live). So we'll need to spread out, if we don't kill ourselves first, and eventually the universe will be inhabited. With enough time we won't even recognize ourselves anymore, and thus a diverse community will be born.

Wishful thinking, considering... sigh.

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #4651779 - 09/12/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Life existing elsewhere is almost a certainty given the available data:

-V-e-r-y big universe

-Comparatively small number of available element combinations giving random chance a fair shot at making life

-Demonstrated self-assembly of some of those elements with carbon, forming amino acids in sterile laboratory experiments

-Lots of free energy from stars to locally counter thermodynamic entropy

-15 billion years worth of trial and error (give or take a day)

The list goes on...

--------------------
Republican Values:

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: Diploid]
    #4652640 - 09/12/05 09:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yaweyh (sp?) video still messed with me, why did it have to be a black guy  :rimshot:

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Edited by TheGus (09/12/05 09:50 PM)

Offlinekiosk
Stranger
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: TheGus]
    #4653863 - 09/13/05 02:45 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't been able to locate that painting yet, but I would really like to because I'd like to know what you all thought about it. I saw it about 6-7 months ago on either the history channel or a national geographic ufo special. It was the one that dealed with religion and ufo's, called "UFO's and the Bible." I am not making this up though, it was discovered in a cave in Pakistan and is estimated to be 8,500 years old. It is very creepy, I mean how is a person from back then going to draw a figure that has such a striking resemblance to what so many say they have seen today? With a GUN in his hand!

Look, I have no physical "proof" of this, but I can promise you that there is life beyond Earth. Like others have said, it is just to big out there for it to be devoid of life. Even on Earth they have been finding that life can thrive in the extreme heat and cold here. I think that life is much more tenacious and widespread throughout the universe.

I myself have witnessed something that defies logic (and the laws of physics). My mother and I were at a funeral home where my dad was inside because one of his co-workers had passed. While we were waiting in the car we looked up and saw 3 spheres of light that were bright and brilliant like star light. The lights kind of moved around each other in odd patterns, the whole time its hue kept changing from a white to a pale yellow, to a greenish blue, to a reddish color. Then the balls on the left and right aligned themselves up to the center ball and they came together and formed one ball. This ball sat there for a second and then took off at incredible speeds up into space. The speed at which it left at is so insane that it is hard to explain, I know that I have never in my life seen anything move at that rate. It seemed to be pretty close to us while doing its "dance" before leaving, I'd say about 100-120 feet above us, then off and gone at the blink of an eye. I'm not sure if it was under control by any type of intelligence or not, but it seemed to be, and I know that nothing from this Earth could have done that.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4653875 - 09/13/05 03:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

and I know that nothing from this Earth could have done that.

Neither do you know anything not from Earth capable of doing that so your apparent conclusion tells us nothing.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#4653890 - 09/13/05 03:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

While I dont claim to know anything for sure, I feel that we are the statistical probability for higher consciousness life forms.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: TheCow]
    #4653897 - 09/13/05 03:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Your statement makes no sense.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#4653899 - 09/13/05 04:01 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Your statement makes no sense.

That is true.
I think in the realm of probability, there exists a probability that a universe will develop a creature capable of so called higher-consciousness. I dont think I have to back this up, as we are the example, so I would say the possiblity is quite real. I assume this probability to be decently small, and thus I think that we are the only creatures capable of higher-consciousness in the universe.

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

#4654019 - 09/13/05 07:39 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kiosk said:

I myself have witnessed something that defies logic (and the laws of physics). My mother and I were at a funeral home where my dad was inside because one of his co-workers had passed. While we were waiting in the car we looked up and saw 3 spheres of light that were bright and brilliant like star light. The lights kind of moved around each other in odd patterns, the whole time its hue kept changing from a white to a pale yellow, to a greenish blue, to a reddish color. Then the balls on the left and right aligned themselves up to the center ball and they came together and formed one ball. This ball sat there for a second and then took off at incredible speeds up into space. The speed at which it left at is so insane that it is hard to explain, I know that I have never in my life seen anything move at that rate. It seemed to be pretty close to us while doing its "dance" before leaving, I'd say about 100-120 feet above us, then off and gone at the blink of an eye. I'm not sure if it was under control by any type of intelligence or not, but it seemed to be, and I know that nothing from this Earth could have done that.

Your experience sounds much like mine, which I posted on another one of these threads about UFOs. There were three in mine also, but they were diamond-shaped instead of round, and more metallic. Their dance was a spiral, but they also came together and disappeared or shot away. Interesting. I'd sure like to know what those were.

--------------------

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
    #4654160 - 09/13/05 09:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
For the 100th time, UFO means UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object. The word UNIDENTIFIED means you do not know what it is. It does not mean it is an alien ship.

If I find a coin that I cannot identify, I don't assume I'm rich... I assume I have a coin whose value is currently unknown.

[sighs in frustration] :rolleyes:

I didn't say aliens were on these ships. Jeez, where's your reading comprehension fuckstick?

InvisibleAlienZulu
abducted

Loc: standing by
    #4655468 - 09/13/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: AlienZulu]
    #4655779 - 09/13/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Republican Values:

Edited by Diploid (09/13/05 08:43 PM)

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
    #4656862 - 09/13/05 08:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

all of the convincing material ive seen comes treight from nasa, wich i completely distrust, since we cant even get some clarity as to wether or not we went to the damn moon...

anyways theres these sattelite images of object making 80 degree turns
at supersonic speeds, and the footage from the 'tether incident'.
they both looked pretty convincing to me.

the thing that bothers me most about the ufo crowd are those dildo's
who come up and say they are willing to stand up in front of congress and tell people that not only did they see aliens, it is obvious how all they care bout is the weaponisation of space and bla bla...

i think the moment u pretend to know what any of it is about u completely loos all credibility...

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #4656984 - 09/13/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

since we cant even get some clarity as to wether or not we went to the damn moon

There is no doubt we went to the moon. Only conspiracy freaks, who by definition will never bother to research the issue, doubt it. They'll point to waving flags on the airless moon and claim it to be a breeze on a movie soundstage. They never notice that the only time the flag moves is when an astronaut is bumping the flagpole; the rest of the time the flag is stark still.

Aside from that, the astronauts left on the moon a special mirror box that will reflect a laser beam from any direction back the way it came. It's used to make very precise measurements of the moon's orbit. You could zap a laser at this instrument yourself and time the reflection to confirm that we've been there.

Also, while the moon shots were taking place in the 60s, lots of amateur radio enthusiasts from all countries around the world tracked the directional radio signals as the astronauts traveled to the moon and back. That is not fakeable.

And finally, if there were ANY evidence that the moon shots were fake, the Russians would certainly have pointed it out. They didn't.

anyways theres these sattelite images of object making 80 degree turns
at supersonic speeds, and the footage from the 'tether incident'.
they both looked pretty convincing to me.

Convincing of what? You see something you don't know what it is and rather than say you don't know what it is, you say it's an alien ship. [sigh]

Not knowing what something is means you don't know what it is, not it's an alien.

Case in point:

I recently read about some lights in the sky, as you say, in New Mexico where, like you, virtually an entire town latched onto the most implausible of all available explanations. They saw lights in the sky that "couldn't" be from Earth because there were no airports or military bases nearby, and the lights made abrupt right-angle turns.

Turns out the lights were just a town about 60 miles away on the other side of a mountain range. You see, the lights from the distant town were being refracted off a standing thermocline in the atmosphere, like a mirror. The effective angle of the mirror varied as the temperature gradient in the atmosphere moved with the wind flowing over the mountains. This gave the illusion of the abrupt right-angle turns.

Again, when you don't know what something is, it means you don't know what it is. Nothing more.

--------------------
Republican Values:

Edited by Diploid (09/16/05 01:03 PM)

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
    #4657042 - 09/13/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

dude there is way more evidence and wtf am i saying, NASA has admitted faking much of the moon footage... they just didnt say why.
any reflecting surface, a deposite of some metal, a shiny rock or something else could be used as a reflector, all u need is to know where it is.

ultimatly all we have to proove it is nasa's word and nasa's equiptment.

as for those incidents i mentioned, there is no natural phenomenon that can account for a 80 degree turning of heavy objects at those speeds, nor for the acceleration there.
whatever it was it is unexplained.
and im not saying its proof, im saying thats the closest thing we have right now. pretty thin i agree...

as for the tether incident, i have no idea what to think of it,
except that place where bazillions of dollars are spent has yet again provided us with footage of a lesser quality then the zapruder film.

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best UFO Evidence [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #4657079 - 09/13/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

NASA has admitted faking much of the moon footage

Source please?

any reflecting surface, a deposite of some metal, a shiny rock or something else could be used as a reflector, all u need is to know where it is.

There is a million dollar precision optical instrument on the moon designed to reflect a laser beam back in the exact same direction from which it came. It is very difficult to ENGINEER AND MANUFACTURE such a precise instrument.

No rock or other random natural formation will reflect a laser beam back over a distance of a half million miles with so little angular deviation as to land right smack dab back at its source.

Nevermind thousands of amateur radio operators from all around the world who tracked the astronauts' radio transmissions across the sky in real time using directional antennas and the Russians who didn't say a word about the fake moon landing even though they were fiercely competing with the US to get there first.

as for those incidents i mentioned, there is no natural phenomenon that can account for a 80 degree turning

Did you not read the natural phenomenon I just described that does (and actually did) exactly that in New Mexico?

heavy objects

So now it goes from you don't know what it is to you know it's a heavy object. You weighed the UFO, eh? Geez, after all this time, UFO nuts still manage to amaze me.  :thumbdown:

--------------------
Republican Values:

Edited by Diploid (09/13/05 09:30 PM)

Offlinekiosk
Stranger
    #4657935 - 09/14/05 12:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, you're right. I don't know that what I saw was from somewhere else, but I do know that nobody has ever explained what these are, and the only govt. explanations would probably be satellites or some other complete bullshit. I'm saying what I saw seemed to be under intelligent control and that the rate of speed it took off at was simply not feasible with Earth's technology. This leads me to only a few conclusions, either it came from another planet, dimension, or from somewhere in Earth's future. Of course I don't have physical proof of this, but I know in my heart what I witnessed was genuinely the real deal

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder