Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblewhosayswhat
hey guys!
Loc: Lost
Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) *DELETED*
    #4538554 - 08/15/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by whosayswhat

Reason for deletion: an extremely old and outdated post and was a stupid concept

--------------------
:cuckoo: <--me--> :cuckoo:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhosayswhat
hey guys!
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: whosayswhat]
    #4538560 - 08/15/05 05:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Here Is some of the info I have so far:

A Strain: (ralphster44)-Med to Large fruits.This strain drops spores like you wouldn't believe! My friends in Amsterdam say the potency is excellent.

Amazonian: (Anonymous)-they yielded real good, but sucked as far as the trip went.

B+: (MycocakeEater)-the average cubensis, large fruits,medium potency. (CockyMandill) - They colonized fast and pinned really easy...i think the reason why people call them weak is cause they are really big, and i personally beleive 2 big shrooms arent much stronger than 2 normal shrooms, just a little.

Cambodian: (sakura)-colonises very fast. Doesn't require cold-shocking. (lemunhed)-VERY fast colonizing, one of the best. I would have to go with cambo's though as the fastest bad ass colonizing mushroom. Cambo's are the fucking mike tysons of the mushroom world and they will knock your ass down! (FunMatic)-try to find a reliable place for the cambodian strain. If your into visuals, i heard it's a blast.(allyKat)- I personally did not find Cambodians to be very potent, if you are concerned about that. Although, they were very easy to grow.

Equador: (MycocakeEater)- medium friuts, great potency. (lemunhed) EQ's are good fruiters, they pin easily and are medium speed colonizers. (superpimp)-I think Equidorian is the easiest strain of P. cubenis to grow (NeonBlack)- EQ strain is a good solid producer with great potency. (ReTrilbutlon)- i say eq, it colonizes fast, never gave me any trouble as opposed to other strains and is damn good trip. Got some nice big fruits to. (Madsickpenguin) - Man this ecquador strain grows FIVE TIMES as fast as the B+. I'm mad that I didn't know ecquador colonizes so much faster.

golden teacher: (MycocakeEater)-medium to large fuits,great potency, an all around favorite!

Koh Sumi- (soochi)- I do notice that thai strains colonize very fast and aggresively, but take a little more time to fruit.

Huatla: (debianlinux)- Huatla busts ass. The only thing that beats it in colonization time (IME) is Creeper and it is still neck and neck. Potency is average to high depending on your growing tek. I usually get 3 full size flushes.

Lipa Yai: (lemunhed)- take 2 weeks + to fruit with a cold shock (Bluemeanie)- Lipa yais to be very easy to fruit, colonise and they gave by far the best yields... (Sorted)- one of the fastest of colonisers I find.

Malabar: (Tripndicular)- they good to newbies , and love warm temp climates , no need to cold shock to get fruit.

Mazatapec: (lemunhed)-slow colonizer. (psilocybinjunkie)- it preforms great and gives off awsome visuals and a smooth happy vibe trip last a decent while too.

Orissa India: (Psilocybin_monkey)-.Cubensis an EXTREMELY large growing cubensis. (Roadkill)- Orissa is a manure lover. These are the largest strain of the Cubensis.This strain doesn't usually throw off alot of nice even flushes of large fruits. (Catzeye)- The Orissa strain was an average colonizer.Potency was very good....smooth and very visual. (ask)-using the PF tek the fruits did not get as large,as they would have in a casing. (ben_stein)-about a week to pin. I did get a lot of mutants and deformities with this strain, though. (stonErollEr1)-It is a little slow to collonize but once it?s spwned to compost/dung it takes off pretty well..spawning is recomended if you wanna see the full potential of this strain.[as most of the cubbies..] I never had any problem to get this strain to pin like mad..just make sure that they get a lot of oxygen and h2o..

PESA: (tomatofarmer)-are great..potent,fast colonizers,aggressive fruiters and fights off contams very well.

PESA HAWAIIN: (Jammer)- PESA HAWAIIN's that we have been sampling are a body buzz just like Extacey. (ATWAR)-The Hawaiians seem to be a little strong in the smell and taste department for my likes, but they are just picture perfect beautiful and yield very well.

PR- (neonblack)-was much more sensitive to high humidity.

Various Info- Its just not advisable to mix strains because they would compete against eachother. (Bassplayer)-

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: whosayswhat]
    #4538576 - 08/15/05 05:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Of course there are differences, but it is so varied depending on dozens of other variables, that you will never get an accurate list together at all.

As far as I'm concerned, this nailed it. It could be expanded upon further I'm sure but this sums it all up really well while covering it all. This is a post by EonTan:
"ALL cubensis Strains, substrains, and indivdual fruitbodies are different in potency. Subjective experience is not an accurate measure of these differences. It would take Quantitative studies on thousands of dikaryons of each strain to accurately measure just how different they really are.

Strains are varible in many ways, potency is the only one you will have a very difficult time measuring.

Just try each strain until you find one you like, and stick with it. It will be difficult to find one that is twice as potent as another, DIKARYON to DIAKRYON. So it is kind of a rediculous search for potency differences.

The best you can do searching for the most potent substrain of the most potent strain will probably be to double the potency compared with the worst substrian of the worst strain.

Simply changing species to Copelandia cyanescens will double to triple the potency easily, and the growing parameters are almost identical to cubensis. Yield is drastically diminished, but hey, potency was your desire.

The only accurate measurement of potency is a quantitative one. You need instruments to do so, and a very large sample of each Strain to give accurate results.

Compare strains for morphological features and you will be pleasnatly suprised to see how variable they are. Try and bioassay for potency differences and you will be VERY HAPPY, but very confused and end up with only subjective differences."

So its not that a cube is a cube, they certainly are DIFFERENT..however you can not attach a name, and a name is just a name..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblewhosayswhat
hey guys!
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4538617 - 08/15/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Ok well potency is just one thing we are looking at here, dont forget. Yes this will be based completely off peoples experiences but I'd rather peoples experiences rather than nothing. And also some people do keep track of colonization times, temps, sterilization techs...

look I'm trying to better the shroomery community. Even if this is testimonial evidence, It still applies to my project.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4538676 - 08/15/05 05:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I am not talking about potency either..you want a good look at how different strains fruit..take a look at my current log. There are 3 different strains, 1 of which is the Z and comes from two different sources, making 4 total..The Z's are nothing like the other Z's and grow nothing like the SA's or the Mex. All of them were preped the same, and done the same, in the same closet, same conditions. I have grown around 20 strains now..and a few strains from different sources. They're different EVERY time you get spores from a new place, no matter the name that is on them..

Heres the log, you can take any info you want from there but I'm not going to waste my time trying to create something that just will give us alot of nothing.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4394071/an/0/page/0

If you collect enough opinions from different people on every strain, eventually you'll end up with a list of very similar descriptions..you can add "sometimes have a nipple top" or "sometimes color is red" Or sometimes color is pale..anything..to any one of those strains and have it be correct.

You could also do a search to collect more information, your about the 50th person to come up with this idea and start it off before quitting when you get multiple conflicting descriptions from the same name.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineNorCalKing
Gr0wer

#4538713 - 08/15/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What YOU can do WhosaysWhat,

Is purchase 1 of every P. Cubensis Spore Syringe out, and grow them

all one-at-a-time (maybe a few at once if you have the space),

carefully taking down notes EVERYDAY, on what you see.

This would be (a lot) more acurate than people from all around the world

contributing there grow becasue there IS a big difference

from Germany to South Texas.

:smile:

OfflineNorCalKing
Gr0wer

Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: NorCalKing]
    #4538716 - 08/15/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm definately NOT bashing your idea, but factors, well, they are factors...

Invisiblewhosayswhat
hey guys!
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4538721 - 08/15/05 06:00 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
If you collect enough opinions from different people on every strain, eventually you'll end up with a list of very similar descriptions..you can add "sometimes have a nipple top" or "sometimes color is red" Or sometimes color is pale..anything..to any one of those strains and have it be correct.

You could also do a search to collect more information, your about the 50th person to come up with this idea and start it off before quitting when you get multiple conflicting descriptions from the same name.

thats what my second post was about, I got that information from searching. But that is still a valid point scatmanrav. I have seen polls to reflect what you are saying. If over 50 people have really tried this idea, then I guess I owe shroomery an apology.

good intentions only. sorry guys.

--------------------

OfflineNorCalKing
Gr0wer

Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: NorCalKing]
    #4538741 - 08/15/05 06:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Again:

Quote:

NorCalKing said:
I'm definately NOT bashing your idea, but factors, well, they are factors...

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
    #4538770 - 08/15/05 06:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

B+: often have pointy caps, similar to azurescens.

can't add much else, I'm a B+ fan.

this pic will give u a good idea if u've never seen them yourself.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: kake]
    #4538847 - 08/15/05 06:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

>again.. people please stop with the negative posts, i really had my heart in the right direction. If i could lock this post i would.

Who bashed your posts? You need to quit being so defensive about your ideas (like most people)..we didnt bash, were just trying to make you understand. You and everyone else always has their heart in the right direction...so what? We're just here to make sure your head is going in the right direction, dont post negativly to us for it.

--------------------

Invisiblewhosayswhat
hey guys!
    #4538898 - 08/15/05 06:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

how scatman does grain... nuff said. :peace:

--------------------

OfflineEcwfrk
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4561110 - 08/21/05 12:31 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Personally I prefer whosayswhat's idea of collecting as many testemonials as possible in order to have as an informed opinion as possible of which strain might be right for a certain person's needs to scatmanrav's idea of "Just try any strain and hope for the best. When you find one you like, enjoy it and then start growing strains at random again because the one you liked will be completly different the next time you grow it" method and theory.

It's not about getting 100% scientificly sound reports on what's best.
If 20 people say Cambodians grow fast and fruit well without coldshocking that's a good indication that someone looking for a strain that grows fast and fruits well without cold shocking might want to start with Cambodian rather then throw darts at an order form and spend hundreds of dollars and months growing random strains to find out that Cambodian grows fast and fruits well withcold shocking.

whosayswhat, please continue in your efforts. I for one appreciate it greatly. And judging from all the "what strain should I use to <get these characteristics>" posts seen all over the forum other people will as well despite what some cynics might believe.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: Ecwfrk]
    #4561629 - 08/21/05 03:23 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

No shit man. As a newb, it gets awfully damn tiring, asking about diff strains, and having these same 3 people going "Its all the same, It just depends on how you grow it." And usually, all they ever except as a suitable material is horse shit from tenn stud (no wonder, eh).Its not all the same. Im doing a failure turned experiment right now, as to which strain can handle too much moisture during incubation.

As of day 7 after inoc, The Golden Teacher strain seems to love it. They are colonizing 50% faster than the Treasure Coast, and 75% faster than the Cubs B+. The Golden Teachers are about 90% Colonised. Keep up with your guide man. I hope we all can learn something from this.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: FungusMan]
    #4563467 - 08/21/05 06:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

PFC's (PFClassics) are a lower yielding strain which are consistently quite potent. IME I myself have found these to give me trouble breathing where it has to be a conscience effort on my part, I would be interested to know if anyone else has had similar experiences. The PFC's are easily identified by there fatassed characteristic and the fact that the veil is so thin that there is a lack of it after the caps open (no noticeable veil).

B+ IME are a very visual strain OEV and CEV (open/closed eye visuals).

Creepers are said to be extremely fast colonizers but I have found them to be more average than anything they are high yielders and the potency varies as with most cubies.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Invisiblewhosayswhat
hey guys!
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) *DELETED* [Re: whosayswhat]
    #4589449 - 08/28/05 12:58 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by whosayswhat

Reason for deletion: an extremely old, stupid, and outdated post

--------------------

Invisiblemycogirl
Fold@home!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4590520 - 08/28/05 12:12 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

At the very least its an experiment, and where would we be with out them?
I have heard the' a cube is a cube' thing too

Edited by mycogirl (03/14/06 03:00 AM)

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: hyphae]
    #4590564 - 08/28/05 12:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
PFC's (PFClassics) are a lower yielding strain which are consistently quite potent. IME I myself have found these to give me trouble breathing where it has to be a conscience effort on my part, I would be interested to know if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Ive noticed that many times when high dosing but i was a smoker then and i thought that might have something to do with it
Tuesday will be a full month not smoking nasty ass ciggaretts :smile:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trying to make a guide for the different strains (please help with your experiences) [Re: OldSpice]
    #4592656 - 08/28/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Alounacara said:
Quote:

hyphae said:
PFC's (PFClassics) are a lower yielding strain which are consistently quite potent. IME I myself have found these to give me trouble breathing where it has to be a conscience effort on my part, I would be interested to know if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Ive noticed that many times when high dosing but i was a smoker then and i thought that might have something to do with it
Tuesday will be a full month not smoking nasty ass ciggaretts :smile:

WTG!!! Taking control over your life I see :wink: Better you than those damn cigs. I think you'll do a better job! I quit cold turkey at 3 packs a day 19 yrs. ago. : a BIG thumbsup: :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation