Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHeinous_Anus
S.D.M.F.

Mushrooms and Migraines.
    #4536820 - 08/15/05 03:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just need a little word of advice here.

I'm allergic to all forms of caffeine.  I can't have chocolate, sodas, coffee, anything of the sort.

If I do, I lose vision, a ungodly painful headache, and severe vomitting.  This will go on for about 8 hours.

I haven't tripped yet, still learning all that I can here.  :smile:  But, I was wondering if shrooms will have any negative effects on me, like caffeine would.

I know, I'm probably way off here, as in shrooms don't have any effects like that.  But, I just want to be safe.  I don't want to trip and wind up with an 8 hour, agonizing migraine.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  :crazy2:

--------------------

I didn't go to college. I went to Ozzy Osbourne University. - Zakk Wylde

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Mushrooms and Migraines. [Re: Heinous_Anus]
    #4536822 - 08/15/05 03:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i suggest just staring small with like a gram, then next time try 2, then try 3+
and so on.
i myself did a big dose the first time.
An 8 hour migrane would have been heaven to wat i experienced.
that be said, be carful.
mushies can be good or bad
wierd thing is even with the bad u get some good.
cant explain till u experience it.

--------------------

OfflineHeinous_Anus
S.D.M.F.

Re: Mushrooms and Migraines. [Re: SubGen1us]
    #4536859 - 08/15/05 04:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a good idea.

You're right, there's nothing I could do, I guess, except to test the waters a little.

Thanks for the help.  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4536870 - 08/15/05 04:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Try a small dose, 1/2 a gram. If any bad effects will be noticed, it should happen in those amounts (doesnt take much caffiene right?). I would be, that you are allergic to caffiene, and not just the fast reaction. Shrooms have no caffiene, or anything like caffiene at all..although they do make you a bit more speedy in mind and body, its completly different and I think youd be fine.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4536944 - 08/15/05 05:39 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You could always ask a doctor for an opinion, but of course that could be potentially risky.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Mushrooms and Migraines. [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4536996 - 08/15/05 06:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

keep in mind also, some people experience negative effects w/ most psychodelics and in lower doses those effects can take longer to pass but in higher doses they overwhelm the body quickly and pass quickly.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Mushrooms and Migraines. [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4537012 - 08/15/05 06:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iateshaggy said:
keep in mind also, some people experience negative effects w/ most psychodelics and in lower doses those effects can take longer to pass but in higher doses they overwhelm the body quickly and pass quickly.

Do you have any real facts as a basis for this???

And on the other hand it can give them an extremely severe reaction and put htem in the hospital. This is horrible advice.

Quote:

Deadmaker said:
You could always ask a doctor for an opinion, but of course that could be potentially risky.

Actually asking a doctor for medical advice is in no way risky, patient client confidentiality will not allow them to say anything. Doctors have more to worry about than wether someone is taking shrooms. The most that they might say is its not a good idea because their is no subtantial studys blah blah blah. And even if they do call the cops all charges wouldn't be able to be pressed due to the client confidentiality.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Edited by hawksapprentice (08/15/05 06:37 AM)

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and Migraines. [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4537079 - 08/15/05 08:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hey, i'm just saying some times if you have a bad reaction it usually ends quicker at higher doses b/c you are more likely to throw up sooner where at lower doses you'll probably be nauseated enough to not enjoy yourself but not enough to get sick. i've been doing this for a decade now so i think i've played this scenario out a few times. as long as they don't have mushroom allergies i really doubt they'll have any problems. as far as migranes and tripping, sometimes you get headaches while tripping, that's when it's time to take some meds.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4537666 - 08/15/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iateshaggy said:

Whatever man, spout shit about doing drugs a long time but not back up what your origional statement was claiming.

No where in your post does it state that youll get over it quicker because you'll throw it back up, all you did was advise someone to take a bunch instead of a little to see if they have an allergic reaction. Which was the concern of the orgional poster.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

#4538289 - 08/15/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i wasn't advising to take a large dose, just taking small ones can suck just as bad if not worse.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4538322 - 08/15/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

>just taking small ones can suck just as bad if not worse.

Thats a horribly incorrect opinion when your talking about an allegic reaction to something. Not to mention I have found that to be the oppisite, larger doses make people forget that they will come back to reality, and forget that its just the drug making them feel the way they do. Just because YOU can get over something quicker on a small dose then a large one does not make it true for most people. But thats off topic and not what were discussing here (allergic reactions).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4540329 - 08/15/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iateshaggy said:

Thats pretty much advising the person that if they take a higher dose it wont be as severe. There for insinuating that they should start out with a higher dose.

VBack to the origional question. Start out with a low dose, like .5 grams. If you do have an allergic reaction of some sort it WILL be less severe than if you took a whole 1/8 for example.

Also, not to scare you, but allergic reactions aren't always present the first time you take a substance. Wether it be drugs, vaccine, milk, etc. etc. Im not writing this to scare you. But just to reinforce the notion of taking small doses until your positive that you are not allergic.

Are you aware if your allergic to any other edible fungi??? If so then def. dont take mushies if you ask me.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineHeinous_Anus
S.D.M.F.

#4540824 - 08/16/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, after sufficient searching, I don't believe I'll get any negative effects.  :smile:

Looks like I can trip safely.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures