Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
DMT Safety & Use
    #4536487 - 08/15/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I got a hold of about 100mg worth of DMT. I got it because I want some answers in my life right now, and I need something to shine the light on the right path. Im also an avid fan of Shpongle. I've tried aayahusca before, but it was nothing like I read up on DMT before.

Question 1: How safe is it? I've found nothing on Erowid, and a few people told me that it takes a few years of your life each time you do it. Im only smoking about 40mg, and giving the rest away to a few crazy fuckers like myself. Im also an epileptic, but then again I've tripped on mushrooms about 70 times, 20 on LSD, and 5 on Mescaline, and consider myself a vet in handling my trips.

Question 2: Do I need a crack pipe to smoke it? Can I just warm up a pipe, put some nugget in, and sprinkle some Deamsters?

To make this mundane world sublime, take half a gram of Dimethyltryptamine... :teleport:

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: Fospher]
    #4536741 - 08/15/05 02:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I suggest you find good info before you waste your precious limited amount of dmt. A torch (butane) will work better than a lighter, wrap it in a parsley (or similar leaf) and work it good.

Read DMT, "The Spirit Mollecule" by Dr. Rick Straussman (sp?).

DMT is pretty safe, but as Terrance McKenna says, there is always a chance you could die of shock. If you have a weak heart, avoid DMT.

www.dmtworld.com or something similar to that address, may prove helpful.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineFospher
Male

Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: Rose]
    #4537478 - 08/15/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
I suggest you find good info before you waste your precious limited amount of dmt. A torch (butane) will work better than a lighter, wrap it in a parsley (or similar leaf) and work it good.

So crack pipe, or no crack pipe?

Someone told me this: Since DMT is naturally occuring in your body, when you smoke it, the very small amounts are being secreted. DMT only secretes twice in your life, on your very first breath and when you die. When you smoke it, you take away chunks of your life.

Sounds like an urban myth to me, but I need a confirm.

Thanks for the post.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4537794 - 08/15/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You'll be fine, check out this website:
http://dmt.lycaeum.org/

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4538032 - 08/15/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A crack pipe (sigh) could help, but it is not required. A HOT torch is MOST important. DMT is released into the brain 49 days after conception and again before death.

It is suspected that alien abductions and near death experiences are DMT related.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4538180 - 08/15/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
A crack pipe (sigh) could help, but it is not required. A HOT torch is MOST important. DMT is released into the brain 49 days after conception and again before death.

Do you have any references with that being documented as being true. How could they test that. I think that sounds like speculation.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4538225 - 08/15/05 01:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think he is getting this a bit mixed up.

The pineal gland is formed 49 days after conception. This is well documented.

As to Fospher's question, like most myths, that has a sprinkle of truth on top of some bullshit. It is THEORIZED that DMT is released in sufficient quantities to induce a psychadelic state during birth, and shortly before death, and a few other special states. It is also theorized that the pineal gland is what produces DMT but no one knows much of anything for certain. This is all very open to speculation.

Read up on the technique of smoking DMT because it is not like smoking weed. You cannot hold the flame directly to the DMT or you will waste it. You must hold the flame far enough that the DMT melts and then you inhale the vapor. The smoke is very harsh so be prepared.

Definitely recommend reading DMT: The Spirit Molecule, as Cervantes recommended. It is one of the most important and fascinating books I have ever read, and I read a lot of books.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4538249 - 08/15/05 02:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fospher said:
Question 1: How safe is it? I've found nothing on Erowid, and a few people told me that it takes a few years of your life each time you do it. Im only smoking about 40mg, and giving the rest away to a few crazy fuckers like myself. Im also an epileptic, but then again I've tripped on mushrooms about 70 times, 20 on LSD, and 5 on Mescaline, and consider myself a vet in handling my trips.

Go to www.erowid.org, click "Plants and Drugs". Second row down, first column, "DMT". Tons of information. It's a very safe substance.
Quote:

Question 2: Do I need a crack pipe to smoke it? Can I just warm up a pipe, put some nugget in, and sprinkle some Deamsters?

Personally I prefer a test tube. Put a rubber cork in the top with two glass tubes going in. One should be about a quarter inch away from the bottom of the tube and the other should be about an inch from the top. Put the DMT in and hold ovre a candle. Hit slowly and use the second tube (the shorter one) as a carburator.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Offlineyungmind1
Stranger
Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4538272 - 08/15/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Get a needle and and a spoon and a small piece of a cotton swab and some water and your dmt and put that shit in your bloodstream the best way,no bullshit.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4538306 - 08/15/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fospher said:
Question 1: How safe is it? I've found nothing on Erowid, and a few people told me that it takes a few years of your life each time you do it.

It should be pointed out that this is not true. DMT is an endogenous (natural occuring) chemical in the brain. While it's role is pretty much speculation at this point, it certainly would not lead to loss of years to your life.

Since you have a lot of years of tripping experience, you should be somewhat familar with the territory, but if you do it right and "break-through", it should be rather mind-blowing. The type of thing you can't really expect.

I really wish I could explore DMT further. It fascinates me to no end.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Edited by Twirling (08/15/05 02:19 PM)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: yungmind1]
    #4538376 - 08/15/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yungmind1 said:
Get a needle and and a spoon and a small piece of a cotton swab and some water and your dmt and put that shit in your bloodstream the best way,no bullshit.

It's worth noting that doing DMT through injection adds a few dangers, due to human error in making sure it's pure enough, the right solution, injecting method, etc... If someone wants to go that route, they should do a whole lot more reading and understanding before attempting it.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: yungmind1]
    #4538687 - 08/15/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I would not inject extracted DMT.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: gdman]
    #4539817 - 08/15/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

true, but id smoke the shit out of it :laugh: :wink:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: coda]
    #4539864 - 08/15/05 08:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i would suggest using a vaporizer (never smoked dmt myself) because its a chemical instead of a plant, but i duno never done it myself

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: SerioOria]
    #4539978 - 08/15/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SerioOria said:
i would suggest using a vaporizer (never smoked dmt myself) because its a chemical instead of a plant, but i duno never done it myself

Then why are you suggesting it? Doesn't seem like a good idea at all to me.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: Limelight]
    #4540161 - 08/15/05 09:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A vaporizer is pretty much the only thing you can use to smoke DMT. Putting it in a pipe and hitting it with a lighter would be a waste.

gdman - Injecting extracted DMT isn't bad for you if you did the extraction right. Recrystallization and washing the crystals in a filter paper will yield some damn pure results. Not that I'd recommend it, but it's their trip, not mine.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

David Lane

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4540224 - 08/15/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've never heard of smoking it out of a vap, but whatever works i guess. I also did a lot of reading on the subject.

I ehard a lightbulb is best.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: DMT Safety & Use [Re: Limelight]
    #4540349 - 08/15/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A lightbulb IS a vaporizer :smile:  Heating a chemical up to it's boiling point causes it to form a vapor.  The light bulb acts as the vaporizer and your lungs act as a condensor.

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4540468 - 08/15/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:

Do you have any references with that being documented as being true. How could they test that. I think that sounds like speculation.

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Read DMT, "The Spirit Mollecule" by Dr. Rick Straussman.

It is a VERY scientific look at DMT. I think you can find the e-book on the Psychedelic Culture Library. :wink:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/newreply...mp;vc=1&q=1

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineFospher
Male

#4540775 - 08/16/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the help - and for the person that pointed out Erowid - it doesnt have any health risks info, just chemical comp and dosage stuff.

I remember seeing a making a lightbulb vaporizer pictorial link here somewhere. Does anyone still have it?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder