Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Methods of consuming various psychedelics - Does it matter if it's consumed whole?
    #4538092 - 08/15/05 03:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Having consumed a number of entheogens, it's obvious that it's best to reduce nausea in any way possible. Does it make a difference if mushrooms are chewed/powder to help with absorption
, or will it do the same thing if just swallowed whole? How about cacti (assume dried pieces)? Amanitas muscaria?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Methods of consuming various psychedelics - Does it matter if it's consumed whole? [Re: Twirling]
    #4538161 - 08/15/05 03:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i would imagine the more powdered the fungus/plant is, the less nausea there will be as it will be easier to digest.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Methods of consuming various psychedelics - Does it matter if it's consumed whole? [Re: alsey]
    #4538338 - 08/15/05 04:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Certainly makes sense. My main problem is that I find the nausea to be fairly psychological. The brain seems to put up barriers against swallowing reletively inedible substances. On top of what ever the chemical itself produces. If I'm not mistaken, mescaline & psilocybin can produce nausea even when chemically isolated.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Methods of consuming various psychedelics - Does it matter if it's consumed whole? [Re: Twirling]
    #4538602 - 08/15/05 05:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

While it's true that the chemicals themselves may cause nausea, I find it to be much more psychological. If you think it will cause nausea or expect it to, then it probably will. If you don't then you may be fine.

Our expectations can really mess things up sometimes--this goes for anything, not just psychedelic drugs. Go where it takes you, but don't try to guide it. If you want to be nauseated then you will be.

I've always found that chewing the mushrooms thoroughly before swallowing is a good way to prevent nausea. I don't mind the taste, so usually I chew the mushrooms very well then hold them in my mouth for several minutes to allow absorption through the mouth's blood vessels (it definitely makes the trip start faster too).

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Methods of consuming various psychedelics - Does it matter if it's consumed whole? [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4538681 - 08/15/05 05:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Heres a long thread involving mushrooms and how to consume them for reduced nausea:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4455344/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

Some info in there should be good for you.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience