Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Spiritual Evolution
    #4537915 - 08/15/05 02:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Spiritual Evolution, a Revolutionary Concept

It is my belief that religion is much disorganized, cultural differences and various dynamic perceptions seem to become a barrier for universal understanding of the spiritual world. While many Interpret words of religious teachings much too literal. It is my belief that the existence of a super natural power beyond our world is very hard to explain with any language. If a human being can not accurately describe feelings such as love, so that even the disbelievers can understand, then how is a human expected to comprehend and preach about the meaning of life and the universe around us? The fact of the matter is, spirituality comes in all forms based on each persons environment, knowledge, understanding and morals, but I believe that in this day and age it is time for spiritual evolution to commence? it is time for our beliefs to be challenged and shared and mixed. It is time for Spirituality to be brought down to earth.

The greatest reason for disbelief in spirituality in this day and age is logic. Logic has made many into beings which can only process what is in front of them and nothing more, while spirituality is naturally the opposite. Spirituality has and always will be the awareness that there is actually a world, an energy or supreme existence beyond our comprehension.

The only way to debate religion is to keep it grounded by logic, hence bringing spirituality down to earth. When Logic can explain religion, then spirituality will drastically increase throughout the world.

What I propose is that those who are willing to preach about their beliefs should earn the right to do so through a competition or tournament. Simply put, each person would be asked to create their own organized belief system and present it to their opponent in essay form, and vice versa. These two entities (people) will have a seven day long debate, one response per side per day, and this gives sufficient time to properly process and understand each others beliefs to the extent that they are able to point out flaws in each others beliefs (Helps with spiritual diversity). After the seven days, the public, and all other members are asked to read each side of the argument and vote which side is more effective based on two factors. First factor would be of understanding, how well this side of the argument or debate is understood to the average person in this day and age (the person voting) and the second factor is their theories beneficial potential to mankind. Anytime during this event or on the side, each person is welcome to change his or her belief system based on anything he has learned from the opponent?s belief system, or anyone else?s system for that matter.

All this can be done over the internet.

This is roughly my idea of spiritual diversity; it is spirituality as a sport almost. So that in the end the most believable and beneficial religion comes out on top, this person in my opinion should be granted the right to preach until proven wrong by another theory.

I understand that spirituality is not something easily put into words, but for the sake of mankind it is essential that it be combined with logic and everyday living.

I understand that it is important that no money and greed is to be involved in such an event in any way shape form or matter.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions about this idea please feel free to state them, I can and will change this idea based on input. We must open our minds and put our differances aside to discover, up to the point humanly possible, the meaning of life.

--------------------

Edited by Just_a_Shadow (08/15/05 03:08 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Spiritual Evolution [Re: Just_a_Shadow]
    #4538017 - 08/15/05 03:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

looks like you have explained life and this website.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: Spiritual Evolution [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4538070 - 08/15/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

sounds a little like Jesus versus Barabbas

maybe the public can't always be held to make proper decisions...

I say leave it alone, as those truly interested do not need public hearings for their own decisions :smile:

--------------------

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4538080 - 08/15/05 03:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

how do you mean?

--------------------

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Spiritual Evolution [Re: deff]
    #4538100 - 08/15/05 03:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sounds a little like Jesus versus Barabbas

could you explain this a little better?

Quote:

maybe the public can't always be held to make proper decisions...

Lets not forget you are part of the public...

Quote:

I say leave it alone, as those truly interested do not need public hearings for their own decisions

yes, lets allow spirituality to hide in the dark while greed and money are taught in our schools and are plastered all over every media form possible.

Those who are so sure of their beliefs should have nothing to worry about. This would be the force that drives this evolutionary process, much like physical evolution.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4538126 - 08/15/05 03:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Can we close up shop now and get back with our normally scheduled lives?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #4538146 - 08/15/05 03:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What I mean, in relation to the Jesus vs Barrabas analogy, is that when asked who was worthy of being spared from death, the public chose Barrabas, the murderer, over Jesus, the lovey-dovey hippy :smile:

As seen with current culture, the majority is not "correct" (in a dedicated point of view) with issues of spirituality. Like you said, greed and money control opinions, so what would inhibit these from deciding the spiritual debates?

Plus people are very stuck to their chosen views. Seeing how the majority of the religious are Christian, of those Catholic, I would wager that these views would gain more support despite the arguments presented.

While it's a good idea, with good intent, I don't think it would raise spiritual awareness. Those who are keen on spiritual issues already know where to look, and should (if they are serious), look at and compare as many sides of 'the story' as they can. And with the internet, this is not a very hard task to do...

I dunno, my $0.02...

--------------------

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Spiritual Evolution [Re: deff]
    #4538165 - 08/15/05 03:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Oh ok, I understand what you mean. The faith element is not a very popular one in this day and age. But lets say people where able to bridge the gap that required faith to leap over. Those are the type of people who would come out on top. Those who discovered religion through logic and not the other way around... I'll be back later tonight, continue to post.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #4539100 - 08/15/05 07:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Check out Alex Grey and all of his different types of art. He is all about unifying the concept of spirituality so it can be shared by everyone.

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Spiritual Evolution [Re: RedNucleus]
    #4539496 - 08/15/05 09:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This is a very interesting person in my opinion, thank you for the direction.

--------------------

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4540109 - 08/15/05 11:14 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I will never fully understand what people are so afraid of.

--------------------

OfflineKairoAnnunaki
Stranger
    #4541848 - 08/16/05 12:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

We must constantly seek outside of a box, that is always a key to the constant truth.

I think what people are afraid of, is if we did prove somewhat the existence of a supreme super natural being. And we did know for a fact it was there, without having to have faith in it. And we called upon it, but it didn't heed our call. Then we would feel as if we were discarded, when we knew it was there. As because of how it is now, it gives faith and hope which is good to have through the roughest of times.

But then again, we are suppose to seek the truth. We are suppose to reach. So I think it's a good idea.

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Spiritual Evolution [Re: KairoAnnunaki]
    #4541877 - 08/16/05 12:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I guess I agree, as a child I prayed with no response, this was a major factor for my loss of faith, I took the idea of praying too literal. The idea of spiritual evolution is a great one, although I do not think it will catch on because not many of those who are spiritual are not very dynamic and open to new, changing ideas... its a shame because I think it will be humanity's downfall.

(off topic)I have found a way to explain what I think is good and evil.
This is from an anime called Trigun:

This is the perspective of the "evil" character:
?If you keep saving butterflies, the spiders will die! But...wanting to save both is a contradiction. What would you rather do? Keep deliberating? The butterfly will be eaten in the meantime.?

This is the perspective of the "good" character:
?It?s not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance!?

both the spider and the butterfly serve different purposes, neither of them are any better then the other. While the "bad" character in this anime wanted to destroy all the spiders in the world (immoral humans) which is the logical thing to do, the "good" character could not make this choice, and tried to save everybody which is considered irrational.

This is the art of balance I guess.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology