Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Morning Glory Seeds, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Wandering Deity

Growing on morning glory or HBWR seeds?? Super shrooms?
    #4537548 - 08/15/05 01:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

So i got to thinking last night. As some of you know, im well into my first grow, but i am looking for ways to make the next strand more potent, i am already grwoing on composted manure. But i got thinkin, if you can grow on wild bird seed could you grow on morning glory or hawaiin baby woodrose seeds( both contain LSA the cousin of LSD). Or would they be able to be ground into a powder and used as substrate in the jars mixed with verm, or maybe just added to the BRF. I had read that shrooms will absorb anything in their substrate so i thought they may absorb the LSA, esp if grown on the seeds directly. Has anyone tried this? Ive very intrigued, other than the cost($1 a pack of about 50 seeds) this seems like itd be worth a try. Lemme know what u guys think.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing on morning glory or HBWR seeds?? Super shrooms? [Re: droptopsunfire03]
    #4537693 - 08/15/05 01:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

No they wont and no they dont. If there are no fungucides on the seeds, and you can get cubies to germinate, you probably wouldnt get them to fruit, and even if you could..potency would probably be shit. High nitrogen creates potent mushrooms. Composted manure is often pretty low in that though so dont expect good results from that either. You may get lucky but field collected manure is much better.

"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Morning Glory Seeds, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation