Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4538670 - 08/15/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I fade in and out for a minute almost every time (like blackouts). I just lay down and remember that it happens frequently and not to freak out. Its a litle scary none-the-less.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehobbes
Stranger
Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: FreedomFight]
    #4538828 - 08/15/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the same thing happend to me but i was standing on ashfalt outside and landed on my face when i fell...seriously not a pretty site.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4538831 - 08/15/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Some role yes, but whether it's a direct physical role is another matter. If it were there'd be thousands of people reporting this not a dozen or two.

Mushrooms can cause intense emotional disturbance and excitement, people fast before taking mushrooms, people don't drink enough when tripping and can dehydrate. People can get hysteric and decide that "blacking-out" will get them attention. There's a lot of room for debate before blaming it on psilocybin.

Not to mention that most of these diagnosis of "seizures" are by non-medically trained people who have probably never seen a true epileptic seizure.

Did you do a search yet? This IS very common. No one is 'blaming' it on psilocybin, we are only saying the correlation is undeniable. As for the last paragraph, you are assuming as much as anyone else. It would be nice to dismiss this as people wanting attention but thats just not going to happen. This occurs with both experienced and inexperienced trippers.

Thank you Annom for giving this some attention. I've watched this forum closely for posts on the subject since it affected me personally and they come up all the time.

Psilocybin causes you to black out? Eh....Maybe. Psilocybin + Factor X causes you to blackout--more likely. Whatever the cause, it requires some attention.

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: Organic]
    #4538851 - 08/15/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I've not yet heard of any chronic damage caused by a mushroom black out though.

I doubt many people go for a checkup after they black out...this thread is evidence of that. If more people did, this may already have been solved.

I'll be glad to help compile cases of this happening. I'm busy tonight and most of tomorrow but will be glad to do whatever necessary to shed some light on this subject. Thanks again.

Oops, this reply was meant for Annom, not myself.

--------------------

Edited by Organic (08/15/05 04:39 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4538872 - 08/15/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think what it boils down to, is tripping in general changes your body while your tripping..and THAT plus X factor (low blood pressure, stress, changes in blood pressure like from sitting up or standing up, dehydration, lack of food/energy) is what causes these blackouts. Of course they can happen off mushrooms to those people, its not the actual drug that causes it, but what the drug does to your body and its existing and current state. BTW, I'm not disagreeing with Organic at all, I'm agreeing and just adding more/another way of saying it.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4538897 - 08/15/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, you are more than welcome to clarify and expand on what I say, I sometimes get caught up and leave out the point...hehe. Please stick around, thank you for contributing :smile:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4539177 - 08/15/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And thank you for your tasty bud pics all the time :wink:

I just noticed your second post right before my last...my girlfriend has gone for checkups, after both times..after the second time she was given a cat scan and had blood work ran. It was determined that changes in blood pressure often cause blackouts (the tremors are a little more mysterious, but also that, or adding in the X factor?)..she has low blood pressure as it is, and they're supposed to take her blood pressure lying down, or sitting up (the oppisite of most people, I forget)..and both times she had gone from either a sitting down position, to a standing position and walking. Both times were also when it was "time to get up" cause we were just tripping and it made me feel weird too, walking into the kitchen. I often get those dizzy spells on mushrooms from sudden changes like that too, but I often go from lieing down then jump up and run somewhere or something..she feels those dizziness too, even off mushrooms and she "feels like she might blackout" but hasnt yet, off mushrooms or acid. I'll also add that shes taken both a number of times before, dozens put together..and shes probably tripped 6 or so times (on each) since then..including a trip where she was VERY fucked, and tripping to hard off Pan Cyans (very potent) and she couldnt move, and was actually worried and I had to sit there and talk to her reassuring her of how much I know about mushrooms and whats in them and that if she just lets go she'll be fine. It was a long rough trip, and she didnt have any episodes then..so its not just the drug, or the powerfulness of the drug.

Ok enough long rambling, to many bong rips :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4541270 - 08/16/05 03:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm around just about as long as Organic on these forums and indeed, loss of consciousness is a constant recurring factor in peoples trip reports.

I like to think that it is psychologically induced, but it might be a dangerous drop in blood pressure or find its origin in the heart or brain functioning. We must get to the bottom of this, thats why every fainter MUST see a doctor (for their own safety) but for some incomprehensible reason people run to the doctor crying when they have a papercut but they shrug fullblown loss of consciousness off as "its caused by the drug and the drug is harmless"

I myself had hundreds of near heart attacks (angina pectoris aka cardiac suffocation) by using WEED. It turned out I have a genetic disorder that mkakes cannabis ACUTELY DANGEROUS for me. And I kept smoking weed because I assumed "weed is harmless and its just a side effect." On the night of 26-27 december 2002, after much potsmoking, I woke up with a fullblown heart attack at age 30.
Intensive Care Unit.
Near Death Experience.
12 pills a day for the rest of my life.
Thank you Cannabis lobby. Thank you for almost killing me by eclipsing my common sense with propaganda that weed is "harmless".

So the moral of the story is that "safe" drugs can be dangerous to some and that it is possible that this loss of consciousness is a DANGEROUS thing that happens in people susceptible to that.

People who lose consciousness MUST seek medical help immediately to find out whether it is or is not safe, and we must find out what all the fainting is about for the safety of the psychedelic community at large.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: Asante]
    #4541281 - 08/16/05 03:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, "safe" things are not safe for anyone. Life is full of risks. Allergic reactions to peanuts cause between 50 to 100 deaths each year in the US...

we must find out what all the fainting is about for the safety of the psychedelic community at large.

Yes!

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: Annom]
    #4602034 - 08/31/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

A new one: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1445848/an/0/page/0

I have an exam today so I don't have the time to give this more attention for now.

OfflineZooDoggy
Strangerer
Loc: Around corner & a ham sandwich
Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: Tinker]
    #4603512 - 08/31/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Doesn't sound anything like seizure. Sounds like mild drop in blood pressure followed by a panic attack which caused the sweat and warm and blackout etc.

Offlineriverjorge420
barkeep

Loc: Northeast Iowa
Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: ZooDoggy]
    #4603661 - 08/31/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

this happened to me and really bad to my girlfriend 5 years ago. She went under and came back for 2 hours strait, cleared out an entire flop house in 5 minutes . I finnaly called an ambulance because I thought she was dying. Her tongue would go loose, eyes would cross and she would fall over and black out hard. She was coming in and out and when she was out she was laughing hysterically at me as if she knew the meaning of the universe and thought I was pathetic for giving her 9 grams of mushrooms. It was a really really bad experience I was on 9 dried grams as well and I had to go to the medical center and get lectures from a doctor and a nurse about how we "should stick to smoking pot". Some one needs to get to the bottom of this it is scary as hell.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale