Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Dehydrator, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTinker
Stranger
Shrooms and seizures ??
    #4537210 - 08/15/05 10:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well, im just looking for an answer . Im 18/healthy, never had a seizure or anything that kinda connected to it. Passed Saturday night i ate 2 grams of shrooms and was fine(this wasnt my first time taking them either) ... everyone was outside on the porch smoking ..(except me, i dont smoke)then suddenly i had like a headrush while standing so i sat down and started to get sweaty and hot, then i realized something wasnt right so i called my boyfriend over i wasnt panicing or anything i just didnt want to start freaking out in fornt of everyone .. my b/f asked what was wrong and at that time i couldnt really speak becuz there was like a pressure in my head and i couldnt hear properly so i headed towardes the bedroom .. collapes on my knees still aware of what was going on and then my vision went dark and my boyfriend statted to get worries he asked me if i was still coohearent and i answered yes tryed to get up and then i dont remember anything after that i woke up on my back pale as snow and no memory of what happened. My boy friend told me that i tryed to get up fell from my knees to the floor, eyes were rolling back in my head and i turn white and it seemed like i was trying to breath but couldnt and then all of a sudden i woke up like BANG ! i was still a little confused and my vision was starting to come back and i was fine after 20 seconds after i woke up like nothing had ever happen. This whole thing only last about 1 minute from the start to last. Im just wondering what happened? if anyone has any idea it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OnlineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: Tinker]
    #4537236 - 08/15/05 11:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Visit a doctor.
Today.

It doesnt sound like a seizure, more like a sudden dramatic drop of bloodpressure or perhaps a cardiovascular event.

You are not supposed to lose consciousness. When you lose consciousness you are supposed to immediately get medical help and let them sort it out.

Suppose it was a heart rhythm disturbance, which would have recurred fatally in the night following this event?

Bottom line: we can speculate but you should visit a doc (or rather let someone take you to a doctor NOW) even though it seems it is over. Don't play doctor or expect us to. I much rather see you visit a doctor for nothing than you feeling assured and suddenly finding out that lightning sometimes does strike twice in the same place.

Let a doctor examine your body and tell you what he thinks it was.
Get off your butt. It's not natural to fall unconscious.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
    #4537238 - 08/15/05 11:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

that wasnt a seizure. you were just fucked up, nothing to worry about. i might suggest keeping better hydrated next time, which will help prevent blackouts i believe. and maybe lower your dosage and find what you're comfortable with. gl hf.

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4537376 - 08/15/05 12:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Lack of oxygen.

If you were just sitting still for a long time before you got up, especially while breathing, there's a chance you were just breathing really slow.

Then you got up and got a headrush, which brough on an uncomfortable feeling. The feeling took on a different uncomfortable feeling which made you get up again and start moving around with anxiety. Then you passed out.

Thats my analyzation...don't rely on it, but I doubt you have any health problems to worry about.

Come on now, how many of us have lost conciousness while doing nitrous and trying to move around? Shit happens when you do drugs.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4537497 - 08/15/05 01:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This is one of the mushroom world's dirty little secrets...THIS HAPPENS ALL THE FUCKING TIME and there is no credible explanation for it. My girlfriend will never trip again probably because it happened to her. I've heard explanations from dehydration to conversion disorders, and it happening on doses <1g and more than 5g.

There seems to be no standard reason this happens, it just does. You may want to consider not tripping ever again or until you see a doctor and be honest about what happened and maybe he can find the source. No one in this forum will be able to tell you what happened to YOUR body.

Good luck.

--------------------

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: Organic]
    #4537658 - 08/15/05 01:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Organic is right.

There is nothign documented about this, outside of the forum. But after it happened to me, I started noticiing all these similar posts. Maybe this should be in the FAQ?

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: InjectTruth]
    #4537668 - 08/15/05 01:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That sounds logical to me.

--------------------

OfflineTinker
Stranger
    #4537710 - 08/15/05 01:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

.. i dont think it was because a lack of hydration . im a water freak, and i was standing for about 5/10 minutes before it happened ? i mean i do believe it had something to do with the mushrooms but the thing is i was fine ive done mushrooms before and nothing odd ever happened everyone else in the room was on about the same amount too, me and my b.f were going to take another gram of them because our buzz was starting to decline. Then that happened and i changed my mind. Another thing when i was "out" i remember it being dark and i was trying to fight whatever was happening to me,(it was like i was trying to avoid what was going to happen but it was to strong.), then i woke up and said that i was back. I dont believe in the outta body experience stuff, but this was really messed up.

Edited by Tinker (08/15/05 01:53 PM)

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
    #4537727 - 08/15/05 01:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Had you eaten beforehand?

Difficult to imagine it's anything psilocybin is doing as it comes several hundred times lower in the toxicity list than aspirin and if "seizures" had been a side-effect you can be law enforcement would have been pushing it for the last 30 years. I've never had one and don't know anyone who has.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4537741 - 08/15/05 01:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Please do a search as suggested..there really are dozens and dozens of people this happens to. My girlfriend is one of them, passed out twice while tripping, one time had "tremors" (search for that tremors and mushrooms (acid too)). After doctors visits and cat scans, it was determined her blood pressure is low normally, tripping probably messed with it more. It also happened during high stress from intense tripping, and dehydratorion, lack of food, or any weakness in your body can do that too. I posted alot more info on the whole situation, if you search for it (including a post when it happened)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4537747 - 08/15/05 02:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Search for "black out" and "seizure" in this forum please.

This happens to people on mushrooms that have never blacked out in their life. The mushrooms definetly play a role. Denial will get us nowhere.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4537763 - 08/15/05 02:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Correct, but relize its tripping, not just mushrooms..acid has the same effect on those people (one of the times my girl passed out was on acid). Both of those drugs play alot with your blood pressure though..so it makes sense.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4537768 - 08/15/05 02:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

True, acid cases are probably just not reported here as much at the Shroomery.

--------------------

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
    #4537778 - 08/15/05 02:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The mushrooms definetly play a role

Some role yes, but whether it's a direct physical role is another matter. If it were there'd be thousands of people reporting this not a dozen or two.

Mushrooms can cause intense emotional disturbance and excitement, people fast before taking mushrooms, people don't drink enough when tripping and can dehydrate. People can get hysteric and decide that "blacking-out" will get them attention. There's a lot of room for debate before blaming it on psilocybin.

Not to mention that most of these diagnosis of "seizures" are by non-medically trained people who have probably never seen a true epileptic seizure.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4537796 - 08/15/05 02:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Do a search on them, and you will find they are frequent..however far fewer people are tripping on acid then shrooms, especially here, so yeah the frequency is a little less. It still is probably about the same, per people taking it though..

Isaac, we should not be calling them seizures. They are listed as a possible side effect of mushrooms and acid, on a number of sites, and are listed and should be called "tremors". But what we call them is of little issue, as is whether its mental or physical. I think its a little of both, but the point is, it happens to these people (I've seen dozens within the last 6 months since I posted on my girlfriend) and it gets posted on here at least once a week! All from people who have never had seizures, or tremors, and most of which have never even passed out. Similar thing everytime, getting up quickly, especially from laying down position, which fucks with your blood pressure..and the mental state in which you get put in, as well as your body and the drain on its energy..these are all common to the posts.

--------------------

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4537798 - 08/15/05 02:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, it is true that mushrooms definitely play a role in some "black out" situations. But I've seen many black outs on the soccer field, I know someone who blacks out if he eats the wrong food and I've seen people black out from seeing blood or looking at a horror movie. You can black out from fear and you can black out because you are scared to black out. I'm not guessing at the cause, just showing that there are many things that can cause someone to go unconsciousness.

I don't know what the cause is and I don't know if it does any harm.

It is a risk and people should be aware of that risk. There is not point in denying that mushrooms have ever caused(direct or indirect) someone to black out. I've not yet heard of any chronic damage caused by a mushroom black out though.

Edited by Annom (08/15/05 02:20 PM)

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4537815 - 08/15/05 02:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
and it gets posted on here at least once a week!

I don't agree and I read most of the posts here.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: Annom]
    #4537939 - 08/15/05 03:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well today is 8-15, doing a search over the last month:

8-8
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4514705

8-1
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4484646

7-30
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4480333

7-12
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4396032

So thats 5 times in a month, not counting the year old thread I dragged up accidentally which a few people posted after. Granted, its not always like that, but for the last 5 weeks, yes the subject has been posted on once a week..and each of those threads have multiple replies. If you collect a list of people who tell of it happening to them or being there when it hapened to another, you get quite a list..more if you go back further. I also read most of the posts here, and this is the 6th one since 7-12 that I've talked about this.

--------------------

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4538084 - 08/15/05 03:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for doing that search!

That is more than I thought. We should combine all this in one thread about this subject so the info doesn't spread over several threads and gets lost.

I have to leave know, but I'll make a combined FAQ discussion thread about this later. We might as well sticky it for a few days.

Please remember me if I forget about this and feel free to write something about it as an intro or something.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: Shrooms and seizures ?? [Re: Annom]
    #4538234 - 08/15/05 03:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No problem :smile: I am currently pretty busy myself, so no time for writing..I've read alot on the subject though because of my girlfriend going through it..its fucking scarey as hell when someone you love, passes out, straightens out, eyes roll back, and starts shaking..while your both tripping pretty hard..I made a very long post back when it happened, and there are a number of other posts on it over tme though, I do believe a good FAQ could be created.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Dehydrator, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience