Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4536731 - 08/15/05 02:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well I'm getting some X and going to a rave next Saturday, and nobody can do a damn thing to stop me!  :grin:

The kids who sit in corners petting each other annoy the fuck out of me though.  The reason I roll at raves is to enjoy the music and meet lots of other happy people.  I'm really not into the rave scene all that much, I'll go to maybe 1-2 a year, I'm more of a kegger kind of guy myself.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4536760 - 08/15/05 02:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dont get me wrong dude, its not that i dont like you or anything...i dont know you well enough to make that judgment. i just dont see eye to eye with you on this. i do what i do with what i got. instead of bitching about how e has ruined/is ruining the scene, i take it in stride and just try to have a good time. maybe try leading by example maybe? that might be a bit of a stretch....but i can assure you it is not me you are tripping over at these events.

i dont claim myself to be some experienced "raver" or anything, ive only been to a hand full of raves, my first one being just over a year ago. im sure youve been to far better bigger and badder raves than i will ever dream about. you win that pissing contest.

my point is, why jump to the sidelines and bitch about it? why not try to do something to fix it? i mean after all, it was people like you who let it to this point. its like you guys had all the fun and left the leftovers to the rest. get back in the scene, help make it what you want it to be. its obvious we need more people like you to show us the way :smirk:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4536769 - 08/15/05 02:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I DID try. From 2000 until 2002 I worked with several promotions companies and DJ crews, trying to promote "sober" events. I've thrown parties, and tried to keep out the element. It's simply too invasive.

To me, "leading by example" is what I'm doing. I LOVE the music, so I bought my own gear, and make my own sets and play whatever I want to hear. By not supporting the scene AT ALL, I feel I'm doing the best thing for it. I wish it would just disappear.

I'm not trying to "win a pissing contest" against you. I rather like you, and hope you don't take my stance personally. I know arguing my point here is like pissing up a flagpole, but I just had to vocalize my POV. I didn't mean to upset anyone, or step on any toes.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#4536773 - 08/15/05 02:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

electrode said:
It's a despicable thing to do.  In fact, people like you are the reason I stopped going to raves.  I know you don't listen to the music or care about the deejay's skill, so you were simply there to cop.  Ugh.  :nonono: is right.

just to clarify.....it was this statement that pissed me off a bit. like you know his fucking intentions? dont let the fuck ups cloud your judgment to the point you make such rash generalizations about the raving public. there are still quite a few of us who know how to handle ourselves at a rave.

i know of this many people at least

--------------------
how's your WOW?

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4536776 - 08/15/05 02:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I do know his intentions.... they were clearly stated in the first post. :smirk:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: Learyfan]
    #4536785 - 08/15/05 03:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
The music was secondary for me, but I still love the music.  I was looking forward to dancing my ass off to some drum and bass but never found my "inspiration".  Get over yourself.  You're not a superior person just because you'd just as soon go to a rave without being on E. 

i dunno, at the same time i kinda agree with this statement. i took the time to edit in person in place of raver.....cuz i know your not a raver. anyway, maybe just try to stop being so condecending all the time. but heh, its all good. i guess it works out ok for you. im done here. :smirk:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4536793 - 08/15/05 03:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I condescend when I talk to someone who I feel can't understand what I'm saying.  Like Learyfan. 

Anyhow, I'm done here as well.  This thread is as cool as a cuddle puddle. :wink:

Offlinejohahnchristo
breaktech beatengineer

#4536807 - 08/15/05 03:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yah AND THATS THE SHIT IM TALKING ABOUT. If you love the scene and the music LEARN THE GENRES. Its not hard, techo sounds nothing like house, trance sounds like nothing DnB, and breaks bear no resemblence to hardcore. Its really not hard at all. Yes, i know there are a bajillion subgenres out there, but, the main genres are so easy to differentiate there's no excuse for it. Its really just a huge pet peeve of mine.

If you dont know the difference and actually want to learn go here. http://www.ishkur.com/music/ click on the screen that says ishkurs guid to electronic music. It covers nearly every genre and subgenre and it has audio samples to boot! Theres no excuse now, techno is techno not trance!

Actually...... I just checked out the new and improved ishkur's guide to electronic music or whatever he calls it the other day and he tends to over catagorize things. I have been making electronic music for over 5 years, and spinning for 2, and going to parties since 96 or 97. Music is music, some kinds sound alike, some don't. Kind of how EMO sounds quite like alternative but it still is a different genre, and how death metal is different from hip-hop, yet if you listen to enough tracks of each genre there are subtle and not so subtle similarities that you will find that you can use to link them together. The same can be aplied to those of us who party sober and those who like to get tarded. When I first got involved in the party sceen I hated Electronic music of all forms. After sitting on the bench for an hr or 2 I took some cid. and stared at a flyer for most of the party. Then after 2 shows I found the similarities between edm and Classical, and how much a good EDM track is like a symphony in the way that the composer needs to envision a good portion of the track nefore even starting to put it together, just as a composer can't hear thier music unless they have an ensamble to play portions of the piece. I do not mean to detract from the meaning of the post, only that there is more than one way to apreciate everything. That includes E-tards sure if they wanyt to roll out they can, and it provides hours of endless comic relief for those of us who need to be there from start to finnish. I don't wish to offend those that can handle thier drugs, but E-tards(those who are obviously F%$^ed up) say the darnedest things, and have some funny cliches such as light shows(even when I used to roll they just pissed me off) vicks vapo rub, and of course not being able to controll talking about how high they are.
Peace Love Unity Respect and the recently lost Responsibility, yeah thats right kiddies it's spelled plurr not plur, the last R seemed to get lost somewhere around 2000-01
Diotch

--------------------
Shows I will be spinning at
Where Life Begins-Aug. 27th
Epidural Sept 2nd/5th
Enchanted Remixed sept 15/16th(for those who missed the first)

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: johahnchristo]
    #4537244 - 08/15/05 09:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I bet if this thread was

"No acid..........at a festival"

And a specific location was given as it was here,

It would have been locked at page one

(Unless of course a mod made it :smirk:)

Tsk tsk, inconsistencies

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: Organic]
    #4537373 - 08/15/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
I bet if this thread was

"No acid..........at a festival"

And a specific location was given as it was here,

It would have been locked at page one

(Unless of course a mod made it :smirk:)

Tsk tsk, inconsistencies

So true!

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #4537563 - 08/15/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

nonsense ive seen threads like that before especially for roo 03.

maybe in ODD where that one thread is exempt

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: buckwheat]
    #4537589 - 08/15/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I know. I made one about Roo 03.

Times change...the site (at least post content) is undoubtedly under more scrutiny and those threads just shouldn't be tolerated. Why should it be OK in here but not in ODD?

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #4537605 - 08/15/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Its only that one Prints thread..it has some names in it

Im guilty of it myself  :blush:

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4537615 - 08/15/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's a damn shame when you can't find any ecstasy at a rave. I mean, come on people. There should be at least one person there who's job it is to sell pills.

Let's get real people.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4537656 - 08/15/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4532705/an/0/page/1

And several other recent ones that have been binned, buried in old posts, or buried in The Pub.

I don't think its a smart thing to do, more and more people are realizing this...no one needs to know anything more specific than your region of the country (Southeast, NE, etc) :shrug: And especially don't need to hear about going to a specific legal event for illegal substances...

--------------------

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#4538696 - 08/15/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

so true.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder