Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEdison
i'll let youdecide

Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help!
    #4536598 - 08/15/05 03:07 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Alright, Im gonna cut right to it. I've had minimal success in the past, I used to grow in a regular cooler I bought at WallyWorld and it seemed to hold in the humidity and moisture enough to initiate pinning and support growth. But I wanted to go bigger and purchased the kit from mushroommagic.com (which by the way, i give the overall kit like a 5) but i learned some stuff by getting it and im just gonna chalk it up to experience. Its been failing on me and Ive pretty much been make-shifting a setup for the past year-and-a-half. There are picture below showing you what i have right now. In the past 2 weeks ive changed the setup a couple of times, for reasons of in-patience and part paranoia, cause im getting troubled with baking mmgg cakes everyother week and i dont know if what im doing will harm or help my little ones, ya know? so i bought a ultra sonic fogger based on results i found on mushroomtroll.com (which are incredible pictures to say the least) and figured it would pump the humidity up a notch. i placed it inside the humidity tank that i got with my 'kit' from mushroom magic, but is that what i really want? is there another way to go about this? i have a timer to put the pump, blue light and fogger on a 2hour on, 1 hour off setting. i want to stick with cakes for now atleast until i can say im 100% confident with them until i take the plunge into messing with casings. so.....if anyone has any input on where i should take this endeavor, whether i should start over, if the cakes are ok to rescue (too moist, blue spots contam.?), should i go back to a cooler setup and keep the terrarium for fruiting only and/or some tips on the best conditions you are ideal for my setup, then i swear, i will put you in my prayers for the rest of my days if someone can help me get consistant flushes when i think i should. I just need some input. PLEASE HELP!

below is my setup, welcome to the ghetto, after getting ript-off by 'kits'

p.s. sorry for rambling, sorry for being so newbie one this one. i figured id get it all out now, instead of leaving ya'll with questions later. Thank you again!

sorry for the ridiculous number of pics. its just a ratio...more pictures=desperation :grin:

Edited by Edison (08/15/05 03:33 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePooGrowerPart2
semi pro

Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: Edison]
    #4536756 - 08/15/05 04:34 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What you need to do is read the teks. You need to read all information on the cultivation of mushrooms and research more. And dont buy anything that says :smirk: mushroom growing kit. THERE BULL SHIT. Read some and if you still dont know what to do then your just not smart enough    good luck

--------------------
Now listen hear mush babys, i just beleive its the right thing to do.... I got a brand new bitch corporate america, shes showing me alot of action right now.
But i know you put me on my feet and all, but you know, its time for me to grow.... You gotta let me go baby gotta let me go.. Im done for now so 1 for now, like all good things we must come to an end SO please show the same life to my friends.... DEAR MUSH MUSH

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: PooGrowerPart2]
    #4536787 - 08/15/05 05:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like a bunch of dew is collecting...

Droping Rh would be ur best bet IMo.

Gl

-Gnostic

Offlinebarlo
nookian

Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4536792 - 08/15/05 05:09 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

whats the tempture in your chambers? it should range from 75-80f for optimal cubie pinning. :laugh: and yes read all teks even advanced ones.

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: barlo]
    #4536801 - 08/15/05 05:19 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

give it heaps more light ,

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

InvisibleSubGen1us
 User Gallery

Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: Edison]
    #4536812 - 08/15/05 05:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Try a casing, honestly i hav e tried cakes before and failed bad.
this was when i first started.
I tried a casing and have had great success, few failures but shit happens =P
all i can say is "dont put all ur eggs in 1 basket"
I just did multiple experiments one time doing different water ratios, all kinds
of wierd shit.
Thing is i kept a notbook of everything i did, all my shit had a # that matched in my
notbook.
i knew wat worked and wat didnt and i built off that.

--------------------

OfflineEdison
i'll let youdecide

Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: PooGrowerPart2]
    #4536841 - 08/15/05 06:20 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

and this is why i was so reluctant to join the message board and come to it humbly...trust me, if you knew how much time i took out of my day to read and re-read tek after tek, to become grounded in the ways of mycology, i should be on my way to a degree...i realized the kits were far too good to be true, but figured it would lead me in the direction of becoming more technically and scitifically sound...ive been on shroomery for the past month now looking around for some answers that seemed to fit my scenario, until i finally registered last night and put my setup online...but dont get me wrong, i appreciate the quick responses and constructive although a little harsh criticism...

i started a grow log 2 months ago and will continue with it, along with trying more techniques that are too many to list, starting with a D&R and then hopefully moving onto casing. thanks again. i'll re-post and show any progress!

peace and much love

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
    #4537074 - 08/15/05 09:56 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

it looks like your cakes are on the perlite? Get some tin foil. Put some moist verm on the top and bottom. Give them more light. Also sing to them. lol that's some things you could try. You don't have to sing to them. :smile:

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: thremix]
    #4537213 - 08/15/05 11:00 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like you have water collecting on your cakes there. That sux. Did u do a dunk? Did you follow the teks precisely? What is your humidity v temp? What tek did u use? Source of air?humidity?light?

InvisiblePsilovibe
reader ofthreads

Loc: Treasure Coast
Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: FungusMan]
    #4537365 - 08/15/05 12:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, you should just case these now.

Edited by Psilovibe (04/18/06 02:11 AM)

OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
    #4537441 - 08/15/05 12:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

you should dig a hole, fill with manure and stick those babies in there.

--------------------

Offlinecaboomers
Stranger
Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: Tweexican]
    #4547007 - 08/17/05 04:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have a problem with the mushroommagic.com kit to, its not working, i followed step by step instrucions, its been about over a month, no sign of anything, however i researched a shit load too, and hte method for that kit is basically liek the pf jar method but in a big ass aquarium, and i hear big jars take longer to colonize than smaller ones, so if this is liek a big ass jar should i keep waiting, or throw it out and try to get a refund (the kit is still kept warm btw) and also i took some of the verm from the kit and made 2 jars, i took FOREVER (like under a month) but im just now seeing myc growth, could the spores be old is why it took so long or wha? sucks wastin money

Offlinecaboomers
Stranger
Re: Cakes are not responding, they seem to be in a coma...Gurus, Please Help! [Re: caboomers]
    #4547018 - 08/17/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

oh and the cake mothed was supposed to only take around 3-5 to see grown and the kit was supposed to take about 10-14 to see white...and its been well over a month

OfflineEdison
i'll let youdecide

Cakes are NOW responding, they seem to be ok...Gurus, Thanks For the Help! [Re: caboomers]
    #4552437 - 08/18/05 06:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

caboomers said:
oh and the  cake mothed was supposed to only take around 3-5 to see grown and the kit was supposed to take about 10-14 to see white...and its been well over a month

Yea technically it is like having a big ass jar to colonize with, so ive just taken the bad with the good with this situation.

its waaay to late for me to return it with the guarantee satisfaction crap. so i've turned it into a well tuned, terrarium with air exchange capabilities and everything.
do you have the 'magic grow medium' inoculated and awaiting myc growth? ive had my spores for a little over 2 years and these cakes right here below are the results from it. a ton of overlay but i found it probably from the strain of mushroom that im growing, so it should just be a matter of time.

i stopped going step by step with the kit the day i came back from vacation and the heat lamp melted the hot glue holding on that air exchange disc on the plastic top cover, ya know that one? and it got so contaminated that when i took a whiff of it smelled real nasty. but ive learned alot from what they put into their parameters of how to grow using their shit. so long story short, ive gotten my cakes to wake up.

thank you liveby, i saturated them with regular white lamp light instead of a blue colored bulb, and it helped a bunch. and to everyone else, thanks for all the extra tips, im going to case my next batch but after this next flush, im going to D&R 2 cakes, dunk 1 cake and leave the 4th alone. i'll post and let ya'll know how thats goin, godwilling, i wont know what to do with all the giant shrooms that i'll have :-)

haha i love this hobby, just cant wait til i can be confident when i say, im gonna have some mushrooms next week, :mushroomgrow: wanna trip?  :shroomer:

peace and love

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation