Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid?
    #4536312 - 08/14/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The first CD I listened to on mushrooms was Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. My eyes were closed the entire time and I was in a hellish landscape where a humongous red and black demon creature was dancing in perfect rhythm with the music, his eyes always locked with mine. It was insane.

The first songs I ever heard on acid were a random hodgepodge of tunes from my computer, but the first album we listened to was David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4536321 - 08/14/05 11:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The first song I heard was "One Time One Place" by Skinny Puppy but the first album I listened to was "Win, Lose or Draw" by The Allman Brothers Band

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4536326 - 08/14/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dude man I'm trying to think and the first time for both is kind of a blur...
I think the first song I heard on acid was Bob or Ziggy Marley.. first on mushrooms was I think.. Dream Theater and Steve Vai

--------------------

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4536331 - 08/14/05 11:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

one of these days

It felt like i was having an orgasm the whole song.  Atom heart mother freaked me out tho :frown:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4536332 - 08/14/05 11:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The Doors 1st album...on 5 blotters of acid - my first time taking LSD.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4536344 - 08/14/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms, 3.5 g, Atom Heart Mother

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4536347 - 08/14/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

who's that by?

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4536351 - 08/14/05 11:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm.

Can't really remember the first album I ever heard tripping.

I can remember the first album I actually heard while tripping.

The Bitches Brew, by Miles Davis.

Amazing.

--------------------
µgrammar

Male

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #4536357 - 08/14/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

DUDE! BITCHES BREW!

Fucking sweet man. Terribly fucking sweet.

I plan on listening to that on my first solo trip.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #4536359 - 08/14/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

bitches brew - that's a trip. I bet things got scary...

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4536365 - 08/15/05 12:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mine was LSD @ 14 Pink Floyd - Pulse Live

The version of "Keep Talking" on there sent surges up my spine and induced some amazing synaesthesia.  :cool:

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4536370 - 08/15/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I used to eat mushrooms + syrian rue and just listen to Select Ambient Works Vol. II in bed - now, that album will open doors.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4536386 - 08/15/05 12:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It is strange, but I heard Sammy Hagar-VOA tape for the first time on one hit of silver star blotter, it was on the last day of school in my 10th grade year...a friend and I took the bus to Salt lake early in the morning around 8 am, we both dropped and we met this guy before we got on the bus..he was a tripper too..but we are all talking on the bus..and we went to this restaraunt and tripped out in front of it..but the strange thing is when I started peaking on a local city bus, this was all new to me..I felt like I was getting transformed back into time to the late 1960s or something..I had so many thoughts going though my head..and It was more of a new feeling then anything, then we went to a park too and smoked a small joint and it kicked it in better..wow...in my mind I thought I had long hair and a big mostache..it was like LSD transported my thoughts back into time to the 60s..and drugs were all new to me anyway..I only smoked pot 3 times before this...a few days before..

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: Skunk420]
    #4536397 - 08/15/05 12:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

cant remember the first single i heard, probably dylan or zepplin. First album i listened to was stereolab's dots and loops. PERFECT album for the comedown, real soothing and it goes great with winamp visualizations. I had a program called the psychedellic screen save which rocked hard, wish i could find the install file.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4536398 - 08/15/05 12:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Good album, bi0  :thumbup:

There are some very ethereal tracks on that album, and I usually prefer that sort of AT over his more manic stuff.  :crazyeyes:

But even that too has it's time and place.  :evil:

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: Skunk420]
    #4536411 - 08/15/05 12:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i jammed around (on drums) with a friend of mine and his brothers band the first time i shroomed. good fuckin time. i got drunk too which was probably what kept me from having visuals but DAMN ive never been so happy in my life. :grin:

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: coda]
    #4536431 - 08/15/05 12:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I heard pink floyds wish you were here and led zeppelin 3 a few times later then that on more cid..years later though..I only dropped one time when I was 16 and never did LSD again util I was 19.. the years in between were my DXM and pot years...

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4536442 - 08/15/05 12:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

if you were tripping hard enough you would have had visuals..oh I want some 1960 potent LSD one hit is about 3 times as strong as any blotter hit now,,,

Offlinenunciate
Cold and Indifferent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Edge of the World
    #4536445 - 08/15/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park

--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: nunciate]
    #4536630 - 08/15/05 01:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mushrooms, 3.5 g, Atom Heart Mother

Quote:

who's that by?

Atom Heart Mother is by Pink Floyd.

I think my first album was Phish's Rift. Still near and dear to my heart. Bitches Brew, as mentioned earlier, is a fine choice.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#4536643 - 08/15/05 01:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

either this one
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...3010771-6704855
at the time, this ambient rituals disc was MIND BLOWING.

or this one..can't remember which one was actually first.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...3010771-6704855

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4536645 - 08/15/05 01:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:shrug:

It might have been Old Man by Neil Young.

--------------------

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: felix]
    #4536656 - 08/15/05 01:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i particularly remember the song 'phat pants' on the dub cd, i think it was labeled kinder atom, not sure...the bass was vibrating the entire world. my friend had a nice system and the bass would make tables and certain things buzz with a certain vibration that would almost make them fuzzy and blurry.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#4536669 - 08/15/05 01:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

are we here? - orbital

omg these songs are crazy, i haven't heard them in years. its the kind of shit that was made for tripping.

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4536779 - 08/15/05 02:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The one I can remember is Hallucinogen - Twisted on acid. I was utterly shocked and understood what psychedelic music was.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: BanJankri]
    #4536786 - 08/15/05 03:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's been so long since I took LSD, but I think it was Bjork's first album.

On Mushrooms Deep Blue Day by Brian Eno - but that was part of a compilation tape I did, I still have the tape somewhere.

1st Album I listened to all the way through on Mushroom was Blues for Allah by The Grateful Dead, the 2nd was Dark Side of the Moon.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: mantis]
    #4536794 - 08/15/05 03:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mantis said:
The first song I heard was "One Time One Place" by Skinny Puppy

:thumbup:

Not sure that I would enjoy them while tripping though.

I can't remember what the first song I heard was. It wouldn't suprise me if it was something by Pink Floyd though.

OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4536867 - 08/15/05 04:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Shpongle's Tales of the Inexpressible I think.

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: AvatarofAtavism]
    #4536955 - 08/15/05 05:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think the first album I ever heard when tripping on mushrooms was Dark Side of the Moon. I've yet to do/find acid so when I do, I'll have to update this.

I must say.. dsotm was as perfect as anyone could expect it to be. I still can't find a band that suits my trip better than the Floyd.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: idiotek]
    #4537094 - 08/15/05 08:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I believe it might have been "The World At Large" by Modest Mouse.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

OfflineRiverMan
experiencednewbie

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: TinTree]
    #4537221 - 08/15/05 09:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I remember listening to the Cream - Disraeli Gears album on one of my first mushroom trips. Spent the whole time standing in from of the speaker thinking I was flying or something.

Offlinewharfrat12
Stronger thanDirt

Loc: Sinking beneath the water...
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: RiverMan]
    #4537396 - 08/15/05 10:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

On my first mushroom trip first CD I popped in was Bela Fleck's Live Art which was incredible his banjo blew my mind. As for acid it was live/dead which was also awesome.

I saw someone mention bitches brew. Thats an awesome disc while tripping. Miles Davis Kind of Blue is also great.

--------------------

"Tell me the cost, I can pay let me go, tell me love is not lost.
Sell everything, without love day to day insanity's king."

Edited by wharfrat12 (08/15/05 10:21 AM)

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4537479 - 08/15/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Unknown # of hits in puddle of liquid LSD + Dark Side of the Moon

Visualized a giant mushroom cap-landscape inside my head. Very bright and orange-tinted visuals. Each song would take me through a different 'climate' on this alien world. Eventually the mantids started chasing me until I realized they were friends at the crescendo of Us & Them. We all went down the mushroom slide together :smile:

That vivid, visual journey sticks out in my mind as one of my best psychedelic experiences for the pure randomness and euphoric emotional intensity. :heart: LSD :toomuchacid:

--------------------

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: Organic]
    #4537696 - 08/15/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It was either Tool- Lateralus or Opeth- Orchid

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: Organic]
    #4537699 - 08/15/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The Magical Sounds of Banco de Gaia.

It was my first shroom trip, which I think was about 1.5 grams. No visuals, but the body high was amazing. Great album, still listen to it about once a month.

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4537919 - 08/15/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think the first time i really had a great musical expierence with psychadelic drugs was on my 2nd or 3rd trip. Laying on on the floor on 2 hits of paper listening to darkside of the moon.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Male

Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: baraka]
    #4537926 - 08/15/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:smile: Nice collection baraka.

You ALWAYS have a nice collection.  I need to get my hands on more white unperfed..what little I have feels precious.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4537931 - 08/15/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Enigma: Love Sensuality and Devotion

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: baraka]
    #4537946 - 08/15/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:
I think the first time i really had a great musical expierence with psychadelic drugs was on my 2nd or 3rd trip. 

Yeah, my first time with Enigma was okay, but I was more interested in the effects of the mushroom rather then the music. 

On my second trip I listened to Shpongle's 2nd album, and had an incredibly journey through a dreamscape the music created.  It was awesome. 

But the first time I actually got swept away by music was with B-Tribe's Spiritual Spiritual!  I still remember how it affected me.  I was timeless.  :mushroom2:

Offlinemmarc
Strangler
Loc: new york
    #4538481 - 08/15/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Queen: Loverboy

blew my FUCKING mind

--------------------
penelope shoot the apple off my head

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: mmarc]
    #4538579 - 08/15/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms - Del That Funky Homosapien
Acid - Steve Kimock in Quincy, California..... WOW

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4538672 - 08/15/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My first real mushroom experience I listened to Dark Side of the Moon.

Offlinepeeper
Even stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: What is the first album (or song) you heard while tripping on mushrooms or acid? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4539082 - 08/15/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The first time I tripped was with my husband and he had ween on. I don't know which album though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals