Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop for:   Amazon Salvia   eBay Lighters

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
My first salvia expiriance
    #4536261 - 08/15/05 01:35 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

All this happened a long while ago, so I'm afraid I'm a little fuzzy on it, I just thought I'd like to share this and add another report to this lovely forum :smile:.

I had received a free bag of salvia 6x extract from a vendor a long while before this experience, but I had put off trying it. One day I felt the need to do a little consciousness expansion, so I loaded my pipe with a small pinch of extract and made myself comfortable on my bean bag chair. A friend of mine was sitting for me, just to make sure everything was ok. I thought better safe than sorry. I used  a regular Bic lighter with my bowl.

I light the bowl and inhaled deep, taking it all in one hit. I held it in for as long as I could, as I exhaled, I started to feel this odd sensation, I felt a sort of "pulling", then things started to get weird. I felt as if my head split, then I felt it turn in on itself and I was gone.

My soul was being pulled, I felt myself get pulled further and further, away from everything I knew and loved. This weird vibe dominated, a "you're in my would now :evil:" vibe. It was like I died and was in a roulette for re-incarnation, never to return to my previous life. I became part of the scenery, my wall, I was trapped in it's matrix and was never going to get out.

After what seemed like an eternity, I was starting to return to "normal". It lasted 10 minuets or so, and when I came to, I was left with the most beautiful after glow. I felt content, and very much happy to be back in my body.

Salvia has the potential to be a great teacher, but she demands respect. I'm going to venture into her world again sometime.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThrasher420x
ΛηgΞl_?Γ_?eλŦħ
 User Gallery

Re: My first salvia expiriance [Re: gdman]
    #4536470 - 08/15/05 02:31 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i had wanted to try Salvia and this just makes it more obvious to me that i need to.

--------------------

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #4537049 - 08/15/05 09:19 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for sharing, I love reading Salvia trip reports. Sounds like you're showing it the respect it needs.

My wife and i have just started to use Salvia, she just had a wonderful breakthrough last night, I'll post the report tomorrow after she's written it.

One tip - we seem to have found that it's kind of good to go into the experience with a question - acting as a focus for the experience.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4537088 - 08/15/05 10:15 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:

I light the bowl and inhaled deep, taking it all in one hit. I held it in for as long as I could, as I exhaled, I started to feel this odd sensation, I felt a sort of "pulling", then things started to get weird. I felt as if my head split, then I felt it turn in on itself and I was gone.

My soul was being pulled, I felt myself get pulled further and further, away from everything I knew and loved. This weird vibe dominated, a "you're in my would now :evil:" vibe. It was like I died and was in a roulette for re-incarnation, never to return to my previous life. I became part of the scenery, my wall, I was trapped in it's matrix and was never going to get out.

After what seemed like an eternity, I was starting to return to "normal". It lasted 10 minuets or so, and when I came to, I was left with the most beautiful after glow. I felt content, and very much happy to be back in my body.

Salvia has the potential to be a great teacher, but she demands respect. I'm going to venture into her world again sometime.

Minus like the particular details of our experiences, they're essentially the same exact thing. I had the pull, and that frightening sensation of "you're in my world now" that made me feel like I'd never get back to what I knew.

Definitely also made me thankful to be where I was when, when I was, who I was, as soon as I was back inside my body.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: My first salvia expiriance [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4537394 - 08/15/05 12:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I find I have to remember to relax, I like to hold a pen and have paper around as if I were a reporter like casteneda, often a glass of water nearby has been terrific too, when crossing the boundary between this simple existence and that familiar-strange multimodality of salviaspace.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4538029 - 08/15/05 03:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I had a friend try Salvia for the first time yesterday...followed by five minutes of "swimming" across my dining room floor.  :smile:

OfflineThrasher420x
ΛηgΞl_?Γ_?eλŦħ
 User Gallery

Re: My first salvia expiriance [Re: MOTH]
    #4538384 - 08/15/05 04:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hell yea swimmin' is the shit. :laugh:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: My first salvia expiriance [Re: Thrasher420x]
    #4542645 - 08/16/05 03:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I can't seem to do salvia without tremendous fear.

I had one breakthrough, and after that I smoked normal foliage, got minor "spiral like" but flakey visuals, felt mildly odd, and bam my head goes "I'm not ready.... I'm not ready for this." I got scared but fortunately I hadn't done enough to break through so I just got up and got back to normal.

So how do you know when you are ready for it? and what makes you ready for it? I guess I don't like doing it alone, because it's like I'M THE ONLY THING THAT EXISTS, PERIOD, and the potential to lose my reality forever scares me....

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: My first salvia expiriance [Re: leery11]
    #4542707 - 08/16/05 04:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It scares me too...

So, does fear=respect here? And when you're "ready", will the fear NOT be present? I guess only each individual can answer that. I think that's what I like about Salvia. If I can get over the fear enough to light it there's not much else that I can do about the experience. It comes on so quick that, unlike mushrooms, there's not time to fuck with your own head about the trip. You're just there.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: My first salvia expiriance [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4547872 - 08/17/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I think fear is sometimes the natural response to those kinds of states of minds kind of like fight/or flight. Especially if you go from baseline to peak in like 3 seconds. With sally and DMT its that way. I would say DMT scared the shit out of me more but and sally was just wierd but very itense as well. As for knowing when your ready only you would know that. If you have it in a bowl and are about to smoke it then you are ready I guess even if it ends up scaring you.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: My first salvia expiriance [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4559589 - 08/20/05 04:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Salvia (or my own conciousness...most people hear/feel a distinctly female prescence...I only hear/feel what seems like a different version of myself) has explicitly told me I wasn't ready.

This was before I found this site and got serious about mushrooms. Now I've gotten past 'playful' trips and have developed my spirit and psyche more to the tune of nature and the bigger picture. So, I think I'm ready to go back.

--------------------
:mallow:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop for:   Amazon Salvia   eBay Lighters

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports