Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Bill Maher - "New Rules"
    #4535960 - 08/14/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have the audio book version of Bill Maher's new book New Rules: Polite Musings of a Timid Observer. Check out this sample. The part I'd like you to hear is 4:14 into the track. Here are some of the quotes from it.

Quote:

"New rule: The people in America who are most in favor of the Iraq war, must go there and fight it."

"That goes for everybody who helped sell this Iraq war. You gotta go first. Brooks and Dunn, drop your cocks and grab your socks. Ann Coulter, darling, trust me you will love the Army. You think you make up stuff. Curt Schilling, bye bye. You ended the curse on Boston, good. Let's try your luck on Fallujah."

Bill Maher - "Holy Matrimony - Chicken Hawk Down" (Disk 2 Track 3)
16.14mb / 7:10

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (08/14/05 10:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: Learyfan]
    #4535980 - 08/14/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I like the Ann Coulter reference. I saw that demon on Fox News a few days ago, talking about how the media is overly reporting military casualties and boldly said, "war is hell." As if she's been a participant in one before.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: bukkake]
    #4535989 - 08/14/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ann Coulter is a rotten bitch. I respect her less than almost any person on Earth.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: Redstorm]
    #4536127 - 08/14/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Ann Coulter is a rotten bitch. I respect her less than almost any person on Earth.

I really like her. I don't much like her politics, but she can piss of a liberal like no other and that I must respect.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: z@z.com]
    #4536144 - 08/14/05 11:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

I really like her. I don't much like her politics, but she can piss of a liberal like no other and that I must respect.

She can take the standard GOP talking points to their batshit insane extreme and pretend that makes her interesting and erudite. When in fact she's just a sad, broken parrot with a fake smile and a dead soul.

Just mine opine.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: unbeliever]
    #4536159 - 08/14/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

unbeliever said:
She can take the standard GOP talking points to their batshit insane extreme and pretend that makes her interesting and erudite. When in fact she's just a sad, broken parrot with a fake smile and a dead soul.

Just mine opine.

And to a point I do agree with you, but the fact that many liberals take her seriously despite whatever position (no matter how absurd) she takes just makes me smile. I am no republican, but damn the reactions she gets make me laugh.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblebukkake
Male

#4536163 - 08/14/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think she's a hoot. I'd want her to shut the hell up if I was a Republican, though.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
    #4536187 - 08/14/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

She's definitely a spectacle. She reminds me a lot of Courtney Love. But instead of flashing her crotch or boobs, Coulter flashes her diseased interpretation of life at the public. She's basically a forum troll that gets mic and camera time.

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #4536198 - 08/14/05 11:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

unbeliever said:
She's definitely a spectacle. She reminds me a lot of Courtney Love. But instead of flashing her crotch or boobs, Coulter flashes her diseased interpretation of life at the public. She's basically a forum troll that gets mic and camera time.

Exactly. The best way to shut up a troll is to ignore them. That is why I laugh so hard when people don't. She does occasionally make a good point or two though.

--------------------

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
    #4536308 - 08/14/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
Quote:

unbeliever said:

Exactly. The best way to shut up a troll is to ignore them. That is why I laugh so hard when people don't. She does occasionally make a good point or two though.

Oh? It must have been pure accident. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4536408 - 08/15/05 12:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dont get me wrong, she's a horrible human, but id fuck her....in the butt...hard.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4536469 - 08/15/05 12:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4536550 - 08/15/05 12:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
dont get me wrong, she's a horrible human, but id fuck her....in the butt...hard.

I would too. I'd do my best to fuck some sense into that rotten, braindead slut.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #4536655 - 08/15/05 01:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
    #4537255 - 08/15/05 09:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

I cant believe McCarthyists like coulter still exist. I thought Allen Ginsberg ended it all with "America when will you be worthy of your million Trotskyites"

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: Unagipie]
    #4537285 - 08/15/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Maher makes a good point.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4537317 - 08/15/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:

Oh this is classic. Remember that HIV thread you made a few months back ranting about homosexuals for having anal sex. I guess you're eating your words today.

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4537531 - 08/15/05 11:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ha, war is hell and Ann Coulter should go there.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4538202 - 08/15/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

New Rule #2 Anybody who thinks government should provide cradle to grave for everyone should pay out of his own pocket.

New Rule #3 Anybody who thinks police and the justice department are too intrusive should have to supply their own security

Rule #4 Anybody who thinks that the government is too proactive in foreign affairs should provide for their own protection from foreign agencies both physically and economically.

Let's put all these morons in California and just leave them there. Then countdown until they either become extinct or realize that maybe the world isn't all Strawberry Fields and do something about it

--------------------

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4538293 - 08/15/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

New Rule #2 Anybody who thinks government should provide cradle to grave for everyone should pay out of his own pocket.

Flaw - The playing field is not even.

Quote:

New Rule #3 Anybody who thinks police and the justice department are too intrusive should have to supply their own security

Flaw - I haven't seen a single person on Shroomery say the police is too intrusive when it comes to resolving or containing violent behavior. Not one. They just don't see how they're a harm when they're smoking marijuana. Or why they should have their bags thoroughly searched on the subway.

Quote:

Rule #4 Anybody who thinks that the government is too proactive in foreign affairs should provide for their own protection from foreign agencies both physically and economically.

Flaw - Some of us. Maybe a tiny minority, don't support rampant carpet bombing.

Quote:

Let's put all these morons in California and just leave them there. Then countdown until they either become extinct or realize that maybe the world isn't all Strawberry Fields and do something about it

Have you seen the approval ratings lately? I'd say you, sir, are in the minority nowadays.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#4538391 - 08/15/05 02:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The only approval ratings that matter are at the ballot box. Further, the decline in Bush's approval ratings might be solely attributed to Conservatives who think he is too liberal. There are a lot of them and they no longer feel the need to support a war president just because we're in a war. They're really pissed off about a lot of things from Medicare to the lack of action on SS to the apparent caving in to the lunatic fringe of the Democratic party on Supreme Court judges. The country is not going left. It wants Bush to join it more on the right.

And it is certainly correct that my rules were assinine. As was Maher's.

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4538599 - 08/15/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
The only approval ratings that matter are at the ballot box. Further, the decline in Bush's approval ratings might be solely attributed to Conservatives who think he is too liberal. There are a lot of them and they no longer feel the need to support a war president just because we're in a war. They're really pissed off about a lot of things from Medicare to the lack of action on SS to the apparent caving in to the lunatic fringe of the Democratic party on Supreme Court judges. The country is not going left. It wants Bush to join it more on the right.

And it is certainly correct that my rules were assinine. As was Maher's.

it might also be that most american's regret that they voted for him

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: Cowgold]
    #4538709 - 08/15/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Possible but not in evidence. This one doesn't.

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4538753 - 08/15/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Further, the decline in Bush's approval ratings might be solely attributed to Conservatives who think he is too liberal.

I was just throwin some might at ya.
and everyone knows that approval ratings at the ballot box were not all counted so this is an invalid approval rating as well. (i'm refering to the uncounted votes in florida)
Unfortunately it happens to be the governing approval rating.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4539089 - 08/15/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Rule #X: In order to give away someone else's freedom, you have to give up one of your own.

We'll have a wheel that they can spin to see what they lose. For example:

Mrs. Kensington doesn't think people should be allowed to put cocaine in their butt.

She spins the wheel, and now she can't posess peanut butter or she goes to prison for 10 years.

The next guy has to pay a $50 fine every time he goes to church.

Rule X+1: The government can't inhibit my ability to protect myself in any way, not even from them. That means I can have rocket launchers, and all the Anthrax I want.

I'm placing these as riders on your bill.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: looner2]
    #4539962 - 08/15/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
Maher makes a good point.

It sounded almost as if you were referring to the file I posted.

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4540493 - 08/15/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

haha you are like so right wing...its fucking crazy...haha..bush not conservative enough...haha...ohhh man :lol"

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #4540583 - 08/15/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the fact that many liberals take her seriously

The fact that republicans seriously believe the things she says is what is hilarious.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4540785 - 08/16/05 12:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ticks are arachnids, not insects.

"Bugs" is acceptable for any small organism capable of locomotion, including even arthropods, gastropods, echinoderms, and some plankton.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4541348 - 08/16/05 04:58 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

> Ticks are arachnids, not insects.

You are as bad as me when it comes to semantics.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
    #4541494 - 08/16/05 07:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Quote:

Ticks are arachnids, not insects.

"Bugs" is acceptable for any small organism capable of locomotion, including even arthropods, gastropods, echinoderms, and some plankton.

Lol. great post.

I've actually heard Maher say he thinks the Iraq War might have been the thing to do and it might turn out okay. In my opinion, Maher is just a tool that helps promote stupid liberal ideology and gives dumb conservatives something to hate. He may not be as political as Ann Coulter but I can put them both in the same category. He is a comedian, not a political analyst. Al Franken has said some of the same asinine things on his Air America shows.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: trick]
    #4541599 - 08/16/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

"New rule: The people in America who are most in favor of the Iraq war, must go there and fight it."

"That goes for everybody who helped sell this Iraq war. You gotta go first. Brooks and Dunn, drop your cocks and grab your socks. Ann Coulter, darling, trust me you will love the Army. You think you make up stuff. Curt Schilling, bye bye. You ended the curse on Boston, good. Let's try your luck on Fallujah."

remember this?

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: Grav]
    #4541620 - 08/16/05 08:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Grav said:
Quote:

remember this?

Yep. I think he should go fight the war now.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Bill Maher - "New Rules" [Re: trick]
    #4542318 - 08/16/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

He did not say that the Iraq war was a good thing to do. He said that "now that we are at war, you have to root for the plan". He hopes that Iraq will turn out being a good thing in the end because we've already committed ourselves to it. He said that it's possible that we might not see the benefit of this war for years to come.

He gets insecure about sounding too liberal sometimes. Trust me, he is still very much against this war.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order