Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
A difference between balance and "healthy" balance.
    #4535409 - 08/14/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So, what good is pure and fresh air and water if it polluted?

So what good is a healthy body if it becomes poisoned with toxic chemicals?

So what good is a candle in the dark when it gets snuffed out?

So what good is a vegetable garden when the weeds take over?

Someone here said that we need chaos to bond with the good for balance. It's a good thing when they blend. That's balance, they said.

Sorry Charlie. Balance is making sure we have enough sun and water to make the trees grow to make breathable air.

Balance is making sure the natural cycles occur to keep our fresh water clean and filtered from the sediment.

Balance is consuming healthy foods and liquids that fulfill the bodies requirements for minerals, nutrients and proteins.

Balance is bringing light into dark places so we can see.

A Healthy balance is not half polluted air and water.

A healthy body in balance is not one that consumes a diet of 50% poisonous chemicals like cianide.

A healthy way to around safely and to keep your balance is not to walk around half of the time in the dark.

A healthy balanced vegi garden means having a mix of greens and starches, not half veggies half weeds.

Since when does being in a "healthy" balance mean half good and half bad?

You can balance out good and bad, it doesn't mean that is the healthiest place to be nor the ideal or the only way it is or can be.

I was inspired to post this, as the comment the thought to post it came from, sounded like they thought it was good to pollute healthy posts, to pour toxins into them, to snuff out the light in them, and to plant weed seeds to overcome and destroy the beneficial parts.

They thought that was beneficial balance it seemed.

I don't think that person was coming from a place of living in a healthy balance otherwise, they would know the difference. I posted this to raise awareness or serve as a reminder of the difference for anyone who never looked at it like this or forgot. Sometimes,  I slip, fall and forget and start reasoning that bad is good to justify my negative or destructive behavior. Nope! bad is just bad and begets more bad. Good is just good and begets more good.

Bad and bad is a balance
Good and good is a balance.

You don't take the $100 cash in your pocket and say, "hey, to be in balanced cash flow and have spending power I have to run $100 into the negative and get myself to zero first. I'll throw this bill into the trash  or burn it up and be at a break even. I am so smart." Oh Really? :smirk:

When you are at zero, you have to borrow money and pay interest. You can dig yourself into a deep hole fast with that way of thinking.

That's an example of bad plus bad begetting more bad.

To be in positive cash flow, you take what you have and invest it into something that produces even more. This is how good plus good equals more good.

You don't take something good, throw something bad into it and make it better that way. You just wreck it and loose some of the good of it.

Who takes a fresh clean new shirt and throws dirt on it to make it a better shirt thinking the clean and dirt must be in balance to make it an even better fresh new clean shirt then it was before?

Knowing the difference between balance and healthy balance can make a HUGE beneficial difference to the quality and health of your life. :heart: :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
Re: A difference between balance and "healthy" balance. [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4535455 - 08/14/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

what if all the bad had some good and all the good had some bad....is there difference in good and evil?

recently I've been thinking that good and evil is just a survival mechanism and a way to promote conformity. but i don't' really believe myself fully when i think that.

edit: and a bit drunk......just thought i should let everyone know

also i think I'm a little off topic hear in talking about good and evil....it seems that you think the real balance is not just a 50% mixture of good and 50% mixture of evil......but something else...

what exactly is a healthy balance to you? I'm a bit confused.

edit - also i'm a bit drunk....just thought i'd let everyone know

Edited by MJF (08/14/05 08:52 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4535507 - 08/14/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have to say that I get your drift, but I cannot agree. As humans we are a blend of thought and animal instinct. As humans we often do things we term bad and things we term good. Ultimately we must accept that we are not always nice or pretty...particularly on the inside. We are all often petty beings who squabble over crumbs, and things of no consequence. Sometimes we make heroic efforts to help our fellow beings. We are flawed...perfection does not exist...but we have our moments. The whole concept that there is ANY sort of balence to maintain, healthy or otherwise, is flawed. We are what we are and we struggle to be better but we are only human. The balence you percieve is only the struggle with the self. We have no say over the forces of light or chaos as we are not D&D characters with finely tuned orientation and nature. It is more useful to concentrate on what enriches our own lives individually. The moment we decide on standards of light and dark for others is the moment we turn to the dark and walk forward.

"Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in..."
- Leonard Cohen

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: A difference between balance and "healthy" balance. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4535525 - 08/14/05 09:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Good post! Love that Leonard Cohen. That's one of his very best songs. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: A difference between balance and "healthy" balance. [Re: Icelander]
    #4535621 - 08/14/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, he is one of my current favorites. He has a realistic outlook that is dark, but hopeful.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: A difference between balance and "healthy" balance. [Re: MJF]
    #4535672 - 08/14/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A healthy balance is good and good on both sides.

Would you rather have your bank account have an equal amount of debits and credits or all credits to it?

Which one gives you more financial security, stability and spending power in life?

Now apply that to your idea of good and evil to get your answer.

In life, will you be more balanced, stable secure and empowered with an equal amount of 10 $50 debits and 10 $50 credits or 20 $50 credits?

The old idea puts a net balance of $00.00 in your life account.

The idea of balance I am showing you puts a net balance of $1,000. in your life account plus interest accrued.

Who of the two account holders in life would you rather be?

Why reason to yourself that bad is good or that good comes from bad? People do it all of the time. I think on bad days I even posted similar ideology.

When I am under ground tunneling, I can't see clearly through the mud.

The moles pay the tolls on the road way of life. The birds fly freely above them and can keep accruing what would have been toll money for the mole.

Do you want to live smart or hard, healthy or il, foggy or clear?

On your professional resume, do you want your college GPA to be a 2.0, ya know, a nice balance of As and Fs or a 4.0 with a balance of all As?

So, you want to be a healthy and balanced relationship. Does that mean it is healthy for you and your partner to have a balance of being mean to each other half of the time and respectful and considerate to each other the in the other half?

Would your ideal of a healthy and balanced, stable and secure relationship have you always being respectful and considerate of the other?

Which one would you feel better about yourself and the other in? Which would have you feeling better supported and confident in life?

Would it be in one where someone tears you down half of the time or builds you up and your spirits all of the time?

You get to pick. Which one would you prefer? The one in balance of bad and good or the one in balance of good and good?

Let me know if you would like more examples to understand what I am sharing here.

Thinking a balance of good and bad is somehow better then a balance of good and good is ..................for moles who can't see clearly down in the mud and think they have to pay tolls in life when they don't.

Sit on the couch for 30 minutes, get up and feel sluggish. Go exercise for 30 minutes and walk away feeling pumped up. Of course you have to put something in to get something MORE then what you had before.

Do you want it to go into your account or to go into the toll keepers account?

When the toll keeper comes around to take from you, tell the chump you can fly right on by and don't need to use his stinken roads on the ground.

Watch out for those looking to take away from you with talk of "some bad is good". No, bad is just bad and begets nothing good on it's own. Something has to come from you to turn the bad into good. That something that came from you is the good in you. It didn't come from anything bad if you turned it around.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4535701 - 08/14/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"So don't cry if you fall apart
There's more room in a broken heart."

Carly Simon

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4535709 - 08/14/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ring the bells that still can ring
- Leonard Cohen

I would've agreed with that on most days here. Today is a better day because I spent the day putting money into my account and not paying toll keepers.

I need no cracks for the light to come in from out there. The light is already with in me. I only need to allow it to shine.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: A difference between balance and "healthy" balance. [Re: Swami]
    #4535727 - 08/14/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Another good one.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: A difference between balance and "healthy" balance. [Re: Swami]
    #4535751 - 08/14/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Our hearts can expand infinitely. If you want more room in it, you can make it larger by filling it with more love, like air into a balloon. A broken balloon is useless.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4535773 - 08/14/05 09:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"I need no cracks for the light to come in from out there."

It sort of raises my hackles a bit when someone equates darkness with evil. Many people...as am I...are dark natured somewhat. I have a sarcastic sense of humor, and I enjoy art, poetry, and music that has overtones of darkness. I am not a cheerful person, but I am rarely depressed as well. I try to be realistic so as to never be dissapointed...but I am often pleasantly surprised. I expect nothing from others, but give what I can. I have never been a popular person...ever, but I have a few really close friends. The darkness can be pleasant and beautiful instead of being menacing or "evil".

--------------------

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
    #4535791 - 08/14/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

there are some many things i thought of when you asked would i rather have "this" or "that"

what if having a bank account of $1000 ment i'd go blow it all on a hooker and get aids or spend it on coke and die

or...
what if living smart ment i was arrogant (clarity was one of don Juans propused enemies of men)

what if being ill made me wise and healthy made me....i don't know something bad...

if i'm going astray of the original topic let me know.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4535793 - 08/14/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Oh and, sorry, hue and swami, today I am not spending my money on buying that Simons or Chens crap. I'm going to save and invest it into what I already have. I'll get better returns that way and have more in my bank.

The two roads they propose taking have tolls all over them to pay. I'd end up in debt and bankrupt. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4535820 - 08/14/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nobody is trying to sell you anything here...it is you who are currently suggesting that others change their flawed ways. Your being quite judgemental today.

--------------------

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (08/14/05 10:09 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4535954 - 08/14/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I am merely giving another way to look at the meaning of the word balance. I'm di-polarising it.

You two come into the post and want to keep the word polarized. I said, I'm not buying it today. Because you choose to keep it polarised for yourselves, you didn't invest in anything I had to share initially sooooooooo........

You make a suggestion for huge improvements in ones life sound like a bad thing Hue. :lol:

That's an example of taking something good and making it bad. You had to put bad into it, pollute it.

On the other hand, with what you shared, I took it and gave to it and cleared it up even more.

With what swami shared, I added to it and cleared it up even more.

A heart doesn't grow larger by being crushed. It just gets crushed. To make it larger, the break must mend, it will leave a scar, and then, it must be filled with love again.

If the room is already lit up from within and has a crack in the wall, the light will also shine out and beyond the wall and out into the world. The crack, works, just put it in reverse.

The way to keep the heart from being crushed is to keep full. Much easier to crush an empty can then a full one.

I had something to share. And the two of you pretty much just wanted to put the light out of its candle and keep it dark.

Did you expect a reward from me for doing that?

Do you want a cookie?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4536009 - 08/14/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"I had something to share. And the two of you pretty much just wanted to put the light out of its candle and keep it dark."

Positiveness just for the sake of being positive is not a virtue...just as baseless negativity is not a virtue. All I said is that there is both positive and negative in our world and that is reality. Spreading a positive message without an application is useless. To avoid reality is self deception. I accept the positive and negative sides of my nature...you reject the negative, but it manifests itself in judgemental posts like this one. Your original post was a criticism of other people's views that was emotionally based. This is a negative action on your part that was presented as a positive action. You can't run away from it or deny it...it is part of you. I hope my words irritate you so that you see my point. Irritation or anger is a negative emotion. If they do not then you are for real, but I bet that they do.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4536026 - 08/14/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"I had something to share. And the two of you pretty much just wanted to put the light out of its candle and keep it dark."

By the way accusations are negative. I bet your candle has been flickering for a while now. Who said it was ever dark in the first place, or that you are the sole bearer of light.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4536034 - 08/14/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Ring the bells that still can ring
- Leonard Cohen

I would've agreed with that on most days here. Today is a better day because I spent the day putting money into my account and not paying toll keepers.

I need no cracks for the light to come in from out there. The light is already with in me. I only need to allow it to shine.

I don't think you understand this verse. He's saying you don't have to be perfect to love.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: A difference between balance and "healthy" balance. [Re: Icelander]
    #4536054 - 08/14/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Good call, as that is my interpretation...and my intention.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4536061 - 08/14/05 10:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I had something to share. And the two of you pretty much just wanted to put the light out of its candle and keep it dark.

Sorry, I just don't see that. You are being defensive. :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale