Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Anxiety, How it is caused, How it can be FIXED * 1
    #4534104 - 08/14/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hi everyone, I've read soo many post about anxiety on these forums, and I see so much that could have been added. First I would like to say Anxiety is normal, you are normal we all have anxiety. Your problem isn't anxiety its your fears, its your negative thought process that triggers the anxiety and its a little out of control.
Your going to have to rewire your brain, and its NOT an over night thing that most people think it can be. Digging to the root is the hardest part but it can be done. I read all these post saying that "AHHH I CANT DO IT, IVE TRIED EVERYTHING, YOUR NEED MEDS" that is simply untrue (notice how negative they are).
Before you solve a problem your have to find the cause, lets say you have anxiety walking into any social situation. Your scared, there is people every were and you cant stop thinking about what they think of you. What could have caused this? Something triggered these negative thoughts and you need to look back in your life to find the source. I know my social fears were caused from me being made fun of when I was a child. I was a toy, a little skinny kid, bully's loved that. Most of our negative problems comes from when we are kids because we simplify do not know how to handle situations in the right way. We develop negative thinking patterns that grow deep inside of us as we get older. Look at our schools, abunch of kids are thrown together to create there own little world of cool and dislike. But not all anxiety problems come from being a child they can be stemmed from having a horrible relationship experience or your old job treating you like shit.
Now once you have found your problem how can you change it? You see that it was caused from from being negative, that was your mistake. The first thing you must do is FACE YOUR PROBLEM. If you are scared to talk to girls, GO TALK TO THEM. If your scared to go in the store, GO TO THE STORE. If you are going to get over your fears YOU HAVE TO FACE THEM. You can not get over this "anxiety" without facing them. Facing them DIGS RIGHT TO THE ROOT, and when you do face them be as positive as you can. Try this- Right down all the negative thought and words you say in a day. You will be surprised how negative you are. Start thinking positively, every day think positive, it soon becomes a habit just like the negatively did. Another thing I would like to say is try not to anticipate an event. I mean this by STOP THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE SO MUCH. Live the moment and act by seconds. If you anticipate an upcoming moment it gives you more time to Analise negative thoughts.
The last thing I want to say is you need to allow yourself to have anxiety, it is normal, it wont hurt you. Learn to except yourself for who you are, learn to let yourself have anxiety because it is only human. You are only human. Start liking yourself, things will change IT TAKES TIME. You will know you are getting over this negative condition when you start liking yourself when ever you do things wrong. This anxiety is more like a gift, a gift to become more strong, more beautiful. Its a learning experience that some people will never go through. FEAR IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT TO BE. Anxiety will put the fear into reality. For your protection. Anxiety is your friend.
I hope everyone learns from this post, anxiety is very misunderstood.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheCrawlingKing
Lost Soul

Re: Anxiety, How it is caused, How it can be FIXED [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4534303 - 08/14/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I agree. Once you conquer your greatest fear, which often is easy easier said than done, there is nothing left to be afraid of. A stimulating read and overall good post. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Anxiety, How it is caused, How it can be FIXED [Re: TheCrawlingKing]
    #4534334 - 08/14/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah but a lot of people don't really know what they're afraid of.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
    #4534736 - 08/14/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Your to right man, i know why i have anxiety, life sucks. Always kicking me down when i rise up and think life's actually good. People are shit and society sucks. People talk about one and another like there a piece of shite. Friends shows no respect, and you realize were all alone in this life. Ego is fake and were all on the same level. Now kill me please.

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: Anxiety, How it is caused, How it can be FIXED [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4534747 - 08/14/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

good post, i duno ive just never had any problems like this, got over them at a young age if i did :laugh:

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: Anxiety, How it is caused, How it can be FIXED [Re: SerioOria]
    #4534760 - 08/14/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No one ever gets over REAL problems, they just learn to deal with them, sort them out, or just live with them (which causes shit in your head and life, my predicament)

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #4534936 - 08/14/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mushie_Man, I and hundreds of other behavioural scientists would have to disagree with you on the statement that you never really get over life issues.

Many theorists have proposed that there are a number of developmental stages in childhood. Children can either proceed through these stages, each marked by a personal conflict, and emerge as a healthy, well-adjusted adult or they can become stuck and fixated on a particular issue. This can manifest in later life as anal retentive behaviour, social anxiety and a number of other problems.

By no means are these problems insurmountable, often all that is required is a simple process of cognitive 're-wiring' as was suggested by the original poster. Simply sitting down in quiet meditation or reflection can teach you untold truths about yourself, your situation and most importantly, how you can facilitate your own personal growth towards self-actualisation.

Borg.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Anxiety, How it is caused, How it can be FIXED [Re: BorgFace]
    #4534993 - 08/14/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have anxiety relating to being afraid someone is going to randomly attack me. And I don't know why, as that has never happened. I have a strong distrust for people, their motives, and their possible actions. So rewiring my anxiety would be...hard. I'd have to tackle my misanthropy and I've never been able to do that.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: Anxiety, How it is caused, How it can be FIXED [Re: bukkake]
    #4535028 - 08/14/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Edit - please refrain from posting comments such as "you're a pussy" in the support forum, as it is clearly unconstructive and against forum rules. - trendal

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Edited by trendal (08/14/05 11:11 PM)

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: Anxiety, How it is caused, How it can be FIXED [Re: BorgFace]
    #4535075 - 08/14/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I used to lift weight because of my insecurities. I learned that lifting weights instant going to do shit. no matter if you can take them or not. Its more the paranoia fact that your going to be attacked or "bullied" rather than beat up, although i must admit that after 12 months of working out i was a fucking fighting machine.

Edited by Mushie_Man (08/14/05 07:24 PM)

OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
    #4535473 - 08/14/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I can relate a - perhaps bizzare - aniexity to you. I naturally tend to see everything as a system of some kind. Groups of people, modules of thought, kinds of problems, flavours of, well, everything.

This causes a lot of problems. Not only do I see everything as a sort of 'pattern' I see ways to manipulate patterns, to some advantage. I can't help it, but I always see sort of 'flaws' in things. I fixate on them, but I hate taking advantage of a thing, anything at all. I absolutely destroy myself when I think I am doing something to injure someone else. So I tend to assume that other people must also see these flaws, at least some of the time. It seems obvious to me that other people may not have the same compulsions about hurting others. So it naturally follows that people must be seeing flaws in my being, and some of them must be taking advantage of them. For every person that sees a problem, there is someone that makes use of a problem in a self serving way. Deluding me.

I hate talking to people, not really for a fear of interaction itself, but more from a fear that what I have to bring to the table is essentially useless. I -like- to use a lot of large words to describe things sometimes, and I see that people might percieve me as being arrogant - so I stop talking altogether. I can't really just 'talk simpler', I just don't know how to do it. But seeing a person wretch at the way I talk, makes me feel useless. All I ever want to do in life, even in my dreams, is to help people. Even modestly, I just like to bring as many varied ideas that I can possibly think of to the discussion.

Even this whole explanation could seem like a stupidly long way of saying that people see me as a 'know it all'. I honestly, and I do mean honestly, never try to 'get the last word in' to feel better about myself for 'knowing more than someone else'. I just see these partially filled glasses of water, and I think, I could try to fill that up! Or maybe a less bianary example: I see a quilt being made and I want to suggest a new weive, I don't care if it gets used in the slightest, but I feel that is the noblest thing I could do in any situation? I fear that people don't see it that way.

Anyhow, I've been trying to write a book about this. Illustarted for the most part. It's all about focusing fear to a productive, and helpful goal. It isn't even enough to just be productive for me, I need to help people.

I end up saying sorry after pretty much every sentence I utter. At least I am aware of it now, trying to deal with it.

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #4536423 - 08/15/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i'm dealing with this in my life. same exact situation. it's good to read it, reaffirm my thinking and all that.

--------------------
Namaste

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #4537298 - 08/15/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I stopped smoking weed.

PROBLEM SOLVED! :yesnod:

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineStrangerDanger
Stranger

#4562378 - 08/21/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My anxiety has kept me from having a job for far too long now..
I've wanted to go to school, but I just can't. Every job I get (which are few and far between here in a very small town) there is a tiny problem that I don't know how to deal with and I get so upset I just have to walk out without saying anything to anyone...I just disappear. I hate myself for doing that. Everyone is disappointed in me, and I just want to die for days. I don't like to be around people anymore because I'm ashamed that I don't have a job.
My girlfriend and my best friend are supporting me right now, and they are always broke...if I could just keep a job, everything would be great. I obsess on the job for days and I think I make myself upset analyzing everything about it. It's so hard to talk myself into going in, then when I get in, something happens and I get out...
I have to realize everyone gets confused or messes up on their first few days... I think this first post is right about thinking too negative and analyzing everything, It gives me hope for the job interview I have tomorrow. If I don't get this job, I'm running out of options. I can't think of exactly how many, but I'm pretty sure I've quit about eight jobs so far, and only worked one or two for more than a week.. thx cyz

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds