Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMJF
Human Being
 User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees...
do you believe in the collective subconscious?
    #4534661 - 08/14/05 07:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

what are you thoughts on the collective unconscious?

there are some symbols and numbers that have been popping up on me recently that i think may have something to do with this collective unconscious?

for me sybols and numbers like....the eight and five pointed stars. the numbers 3, 7, 12, 13, 18(or just 1 and 8), 21, 24, and 26 (this may just be part of me and my weird brain)seem to be coming up all over the place and i have a thought to place a meaning to them but....i tell my self not to and just let them pass. maybe this is all just part of my scizophrenia that i have (self diagnosed). sorry if this post is unintelligable....i've had several glasses of wine this evening.

anyway what are you thoughts? :crazy2:

edited: to change the title hoping to get more response.

Edited by MJF (08/15/05 01:14 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: do you believe in the collective unconscious? [Re: MJF]
    #4534886 - 08/14/05 08:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yo I believe in the collective unconsious and it is a very interesting number sequence you are seeing. If you are seeing 12,13, 18, 21 and 24 often it means you could be losing it and I would be fearing for my mental wellbeing. hehe J/k. I think it can mean whatever you want it to mean. I used to see 33 alot and thought I was special cause I would catch the time at 33 etc. Then I began to realise how powerful periphial vision is and how much our subconscious mind actually takes in. I started to think that it was possible that my subconscious would take in the number 33 without it being in the forefront of my mind and then I would naturally look and what do you know - 33!.

Recently the guy in the cafe said he's a little bit freaked out and he's seeing 33's all the time. We looked it up and there's definately a feeling of sacredness connected to the number. He told me he was scared that he might die at 33 or something. I told him jesus died at that age. It added to his paranoia.

I can tell you that I believe we have an ability to pretty much source whatever symbols will support the beliefs we have. When we feel destructive we look for patterns to mirror and reflect this internal attitude. We find numbers that are out of balance, symbols that conflict etc... I think we then take these symbols and we present them to others who are obviously on the same wavelength and we share our mutual experience of these symbols. Once again, further validating the pattern or reality we are creating, by gaining support through other people.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4535005 - 08/14/05 08:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Only if a practical application be found for the belief.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
Re: do you believe in the collective unconscious? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4535264 - 08/14/05 10:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The meanings may be arbitrary, but as humans we are obviously fascinated by similar abstract concepts, what else would you call this?

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
 User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees...
Re: do you believe in the collective unconscious? [Re: iambobby]
    #4535354 - 08/14/05 10:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iambobby said:
yo I believe in the collective unconsious and it is a very interesting number sequence you are seeing. If you are seeing 12,13, 18, 21 and 24 often it means you could be losing it and I would be fearing for my mental wellbeing. hehe J/k. I think it can mean whatever you want it to mean. I used to see 33 alot and thought I was special cause I would catch the time at 33 etc. Then I began to realise how powerful periphial vision is and how much our subconscious mind actually takes in. I started to think that it was possible that my subconscious would take in the number 33 without it being in the forefront of my mind and then I would naturally look and what do you know - 33!.

whoa dude the same thing happens to me. i always seem to look at the clock when it is ?:24

i forgot to mention 3 as one of the numbers that pokes out at me...and 33 is just two of them.

i agree with what all you're saying about the peripheral vision and stuff...but why do certain numbers seem to stick out opposed to other ones?

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #4535779 - 08/14/05 11:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I see lots of 0's, 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 7's, 8's, and 9's

And strange combinations of them :smile:

I agree with bobby, that the subconscious mind is great at pattern recognition

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: do you believe in the collective unconscious? [Re: deff]
    #4535979 - 08/15/05 12:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Time to buy a lottery ticket!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

Re: do you believe in the collective unconscious? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4536065 - 08/15/05 12:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Im certain I have knowledge that I didnt learn. I doubt Ill ever know if it is collective consciousness or genetic knowledge, but Im damn glad I have it. The Waking Life scene about that is pretty cool, but the study they reference is bunk. I definitely believe in energy transfer though and I think it could be argued that all the energy signals between humans = collective consciousness.

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
    #4536679 - 08/15/05 03:48 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i believe in a collective unconscious.
diploid had a post about how god is hardwired into the brain.
that is a kind of collective unconscious in my book.

evolution gives the human brain certain structures, form as well as content i think. sex is content IMO, different from the form, which is desire.

who knows what else is pre-programmed into the brain through evolution? come to think of it, if there's a collective unconscious shared throughout human beings, then it's something humans share with each of their ancestors.

certain feelings we have are the same feelings our ancient fish ancestors had millenia ago. and certain elements of fish knowledge, and ape knowledge, and plant knowledge.

what do you think those numbers mean?

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: do you believe in the collective unconscious? [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4536799 - 08/15/05 05:16 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

pattern pattern, yes collectively, ok.
the specifics
well, let them go

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4539068 - 08/15/05 07:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Your mind, my mind.. Vs. Our mind, our minds..

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: do you believe in the collective unconscious? [Re: Gomp]
    #4539091 - 08/15/05 07:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

in my mind its about the only thing that makes sense, or that i cant think of a reason to dispute it

that gives us a place where our consciousness came from, is, and is going

its really easy that way, i dont have time to think about it in this life, i will figure out eventually

as for evidence, i think astral projection is a pretty strong assurance for at least an afterlife, if not a collective consciousness. I mean when a person can take and fly half way across the world to a town they've never been to then their comparison with the real town is accurate, its pretty strong evidence, or when a person goes in space and describes things on other planets that are not viewable by usual, publicly avaliable pictures, or are not even seen in pictures at all and are very small... I duno, theres something special there

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: do you believe in the collective unconscious? [Re: SerioOria]
    #4539499 - 08/15/05 09:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

We like our.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology