Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblueboomers
Shroomhead

Loc: United Disgrace of Americ...
this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW
    #4534126 - 08/14/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Alright, my colonization took well over 35 days, which is more than normal, and now they've been in the fruiting chamber for a good fuckin 12 days. What should i do, they wont fruit!! I know the temps have to be like 74, but mine are close to 77 - 80, is that going to make much of a difference?? I am getting so fuckin pissed,  I fan 3 times a day, rH is at about 98-100% I dont know what is going on...

Is there any possibility that if i cased them in peat moss/verm that they would fruit easier? I only have 2 cakes, so thats good for one casing, I royally fucked up my first grow but I would like to get at least ONE print so I could do a second. please please help  :confused:

--------------------
I will never hold you underneath for me
Maybe only just enough so you can breathe
Just another anchor in your life
Drowning over my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: blueboomers]
    #4534130 - 08/14/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Are you giving them light?

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineJabberw0cky
Misanthropist

Loc: Colorado - The asshole of...
Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: blueboomers]
    #4534142 - 08/14/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, you might be fanning them a little much. Usually, fanning them once a day is fine, and also keeps the moisture in.
What strain are you growing by the way?
If it's B+ that should be alright for temps.
I suppose you could case them, but that might be hard if you can't get the first method to work.
The colonization time is absurd. Are you sure you followed the Tek exactly?
This is the most common reason for boomers not growing.
(Not following the tek exactly)

Do you have any pictures of your set-up so we might be able to find the problem should it lie there?

--------------------
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.
Once upon a looking glass...

Offlineblueboomers
Shroomhead

Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: Jabberw0cky]
    #4534170 - 08/14/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i give them 12/12 light, motaman
and i'm growing golden teachers Jabberw0cky

sorry no pictures, but i only have two cakes, using perlite, temp is at 78 right now, i fan between 2-3 times a day, sometimes 4

do you think casing would be a bad idea at this point? would it help them fruit easier and/or faster?

--------------------
Drowning over my life

OfflineJabberw0cky
Misanthropist

#4534192 - 08/14/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's a little too hot for fruiting.
Try freezing a water bottle after washing the outside of it off with alcohol. Makes sure the alc is completely dry before placing in the fruiting chamber.
This should be sufficient for temperatures.
You could also try shocking them by putting them in the fridge for a couple hours. It might have something to do with not following the tek in my personal opinion. I've never heard of myc taking that long to colonize unless you are using a large jar. But as for the fruiting... I dunno what to tell you dude. But, if you need to start over, you can extract some of the myc from your casing and put it into properly mixed jars which should take a lot less time if you follow the Tek exactly. But then again there is variations in time... So I dunno. It's your choice. You can try casing if you so desire, but I don't see how that's going to fix the problem as casing just adds more variables and more chance of error.

--------------------

OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: Jabberw0cky]
    #4534272 - 08/14/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i feel your pain!

try to have patience i guess

=)

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

InvisibleShaw

#4534285 - 08/14/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Is there any chance you used too much BRF? It is my experience that mushrooms don't fruit unless they have too. If it has plenty of nutrients to continue growing mycelium, it will. I would try dropping the temperature. this should simulate an end to growing temperatures and force fruiting.

--------------------

OfflineChickenNugget
Pet Peave

Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: Billy1111]
    #4534289 - 08/14/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Did you dunk?

Cakes could be dry and it could be slowing fruting. Thats if you didnt dunk.

Im stoned, sorry if you didnt understand that.

--------------------
"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom"
-Tool - Third Eye

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: ChickenNugget]
    #4534297 - 08/14/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Have the cakes become fuzzy since you birthed them or are they looking the same as when they were birthed?
Your fanning is good, a little more would even be good. 1-3 exchanges per hour is great. I don't think this is part of the problem though.
If after two weeks you don't see any pinning then you need to be upset. Some cakes have taken that long for me before, which was due to lack of moisture in the cakes I believe.
peace

Offlineblueboomers
Shroomhead

Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: backupwards]
    #4534426 - 08/14/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Jabberw0ckey - i've been putting ice cubes in ziplocks baggies, daily
Shaw - 2 parts Verm 1 part BRF 1 part water
ChickenNugget - dunked for 24 hours prior to birth
Backupwards - yes they are fuzzy

recently from a friend of mine, told me to coat the outside with wet vermiculite, and to NOT fan until i see pinset, then 3 times a day, once i see pinning.
What do you think about that?

Oh yea and JabberW0cky what is your tek for extracting the mycelium from the BRF cakes and putting them into a new cake i would like to know that, i would like to get started with a second grow but i have no prints or syringes, thats why i NEED these to fruit, because i can't order anymore at the time, no cash.

thanks all, appreciate the help

--------------------
Drowning over my life

OfflineJabberw0cky
Misanthropist

Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: backupwards]
    #4534616 - 08/14/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

backupwards said:
Have the cakes become fuzzy since you birthed them or are they looking the same as when they were birthed?
Your fanning is good, a little more would even be good.<b> 1-3 exchanges per hour is great</b>. I don't think this is part of the problem though.
If after two weeks you don't see any pinning then you need to be upset. Some cakes have taken that long for me before, which was due to lack of moisture in the cakes I believe.
peace

If you did it that often, how on earth would maintain humidity?

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4534798 - 08/14/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Okay, you might be fanning them a little much. Usually, fanning them once a day is fine, and also keeps the moisture in

thats garbage, optimal FAE is 1-3 per HOUR. I fanned my cakes up to 10 times a day and was rewarded greatly for my efforts. More FAE = better pinsets = faster growth = nicer shrooms.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4536529 - 08/15/05 12:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jabberw0cky said:
Quote:

backupwards said:
Your fanning is good, a little more would even be good.<b> 1-3 exchanges per hour is great</b>. I don't think this is part of the problem though.
peace

Any way you can. Fanning is NEEDED ABSOLUTLY. 2-3 times, a day, THE MORE THE BETTER, 2-3 an hour is optimal for cubensis.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #4536704 - 08/15/05 01:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

and to NOT fan until i see pinset

Do not follow this advice.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4536881 - 08/15/05 04:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jabberw0cky said:

Wet perlite in a small fruiting chamber doesn't take long to bring the RH up to the range needed. Haven't you done this before?

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: FooMan]
    #4539701 - 08/15/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i read in one of jabberwockys earlier posts that when you fan you drop RH which "shocks" the myc. I dont know where he got that from, i see it as total BS.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: FooMan]
    #4539762 - 08/15/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
Quote:

Jabberw0cky said:

Wet perlite in a small fruiting chamber doesn't take long to bring the RH up to the range needed. Haven't you done this before?

apparently he hasn't and i'll bet that his flushes show it.not being a dick here but bad that is bad advice.
as stated the perlite will bring the rh back up very quickly along with a nice misting before and after each fanning. after the pins are set and during their maturation just mist from a distance (between 1' and2'), letting the fine mist fall gently down over the entire chamber. don't directly spray.

peace

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: coda]
    #4539772 - 08/15/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I dunno about that actually. When I want casings to pin nice and even, the best way I've found is not to decrease temps more (cold shock), but to increase air exchange and drop humidity in the casing layer. A moist casing layer causes veg growth to continue..a dry casing layer will halt growth, shocking it from the all of a sudden poor humidity and causing it to stop growing veg growth so healthy. Then after 2 12 hour periods of this open air sitting, with 12 hours in between..the casings remain in the fruiting chamber, the casing layer is misted and kept up, and then 90ish% humidity maintained for primordia formation. Much like a cold shock, but humidity shock..and I've found it to work.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: this is seriously bullshit.... i want to case, and i want shrooms NOW [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4540741 - 08/16/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

your trying to hard , just chill

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale