Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
Did I screw this up
    #4533986 - 08/14/05 03:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Ok guys, I did my first casing and fear I may have screwed it up.

I made a 50/50+ casing, and then sterilized it. I followed the hawk tek by putting a layer of 50/50 on the bottom, then i birthed my cakes, cut them into 2" slices and covered the 50/50 with the slices. I then crumbled some cake and added it to fill in the spaces. Immediately after I put a 1/2" layer of 50/50 on top of the cakes. SHould I have let the bottom colonize first? Anyway, i incubated it at 84f for a few days until i saw myc popping through in a few spots. Then i put it into the fruitng chamber right away, where it has been since (4 days) with little signs of progression. I fan and mist, and give 12/12 light.
My questions are:
Should i have let the bottom layer of casing colonize before adding the top of the casing?
Should I have let the whole thing fully colonize before putting in a fruiting environment? I saw signs of myc about 5 days after i cased and was told to put it in the fruiting chamber then. Was I wrong to put it in this early, or am I just being a whiny impatient bitch? Let me know guys, thanks.

I tripped and fell into a revolution

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Colorado - The asshole of...
Re: Did I screw this up [Re: ThinkPink]
    #4534157 - 08/14/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, it would have been more helpful if you sat you myc at the bottom and placed it in a dark space to insure that the myc is still growing.
Also, you should have used verm for the bottom layer because it is just there to soak up moisture, but I don't think that should matter much.
There should be small knots forming if it was successful. I'd say give it a few more days, and if not, then try putting permeated saranwrap over it.
You should be fine either way.
Just be patient.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.
Once upon a looking glass...

Banjo Goiter

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Did I screw this up [Re: Jabberw0cky]
    #4534837 - 08/14/05 08:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like you did everything right. Basically you put your substrate it, covered it with 50/50, incubated and then fruited when you saw some myc right? Thats fine, you should see pins within a day or two if its been sitting in the FC for 4 days.

To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Hot LittleMuffin

Re: Did I screw this up [Re: coda]
    #4534846 - 08/14/05 08:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

keri's casing:

get some horse shit
mix some colonized cake with some pasteurized horse shit
put some glad press and seal over it

haha good so far, lots of pins and happy shrooms. they dont ask for much, just some nutrients and love

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation