Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger

Mushrooms and Heart strokes
    #4533508 - 08/14/05 12:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

A friend with a history of a recent heart stroke and heart surgery is considering going for a level 5 trip on psilocybes.

Do you know where can I find some medical literature about psilocybes use and heart conditions? Do you know about any published study at respect?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
Re: Mushrooms and Heart strokes [Re: infinitedot]
    #4533652 - 08/14/05 01:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Heart stroke? Do you mean myocardial infarction/heart attack (blood supply to heart is cut off, due to obstruction of some kind; cardiac muscle tissue begins to die?)

If I were your friend and my ticker was in serious shape I might be a bit wary of doing anything that could put strain on it. My two cents. If I was absolutely determined, I would definately start small to see how I reacted.

Unfortunately, I don't personally know of any related literature, but thats what erowid and google are for. Good luck looking, hope you find what you're looking for.

--------------------
\m/

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger

Re: Mushrooms and Heart strokes [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #4533939 - 08/14/05 03:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks PsychoChipmunk

Indeed I think I found what I was looking for after some googling:

http://www.maps.org/research/hasler_2004_1.pdf

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and Heart strokes [Re: infinitedot]
    #4536653 - 08/15/05 03:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Just thought I'd the fact that mushrooms do thin the blood kind of like how asprin thins the blood, but I am not sure if it thins it as much as asprin or if it posibly thins it more. I just dont know the details other than it is a blood thinner to some extent. So speaking of strokes as in cerebral strokes that cause brain damage and even death, I would a think mushrooms would do more to prevent a stroke than risk causing one.
However, I have no idea how relevant this is to any heart related issue. I just thought I would share this little bit of information after seeing the word STROKE which is what brought the whole thought to my mind. I hope that it helps out either way somehow.

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
Re: Mushrooms and Heart strokes [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #4537037 - 08/15/05 09:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Aspirin doesn't truly thin the blood in a literal sense. Aspirin impairs the ability of platelets to adhere to tissue surfaces, decreasing the likelihood of an aggregated clot from becoming lodged someplace. I am curious as to the aforementioned action of 'thinning' action mushrooms though, if it follows a similar pathway or if it is unrelated.

--------------------
\m/

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Mushrooms and Heart strokes [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #4537198 - 08/15/05 10:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

There is only one answer here:

Mushrooms and LSD provide prolonged extreme emotions of incomprehensible intensity.
Extreme emotions cause vasoconstriction secondary to high adrenalin and accompanied by increased workload and oxygen demand of his heart.

If your friend is willing to lay down his life and die as a price to pay for his mushroom voyages, he might want to consider taking mushrooms.

I had a myocardial infarction, near death experience on the ICU, and take my mushrooms knowing full well that I might die in the hours after i took my dose. Life is 100% for real. Mushrooms are just mushrooms, but my path in life, which mushrooms are but a part of, is a path worth dying for.
When I chew the mushrooms my death is on my mind.

If he is a recreational user then he'd better not take it. Stanislav Grof's book "LSD Psychotherapy" is very clear that serious heart conditions are an absolute contraindication.

If he is talking about "taking a level five" recreationally he should STFU, thank his lucky stars he is still alive and that if he takes mushrooms he will literally be betting his life that he won't die that day.

Unless he has deeply spiritual motives which shift the balance it would be exceptionally unwise to embark on a LEVEL 5 mushroom trip while his chest is still sticky from the ECG sensors.
What gave him the heart attack?

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience