Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshrooms452
Stranger
spore source return address
    #4533365 - 08/14/05 11:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sporesource says on their website that all syringe orders have the same return address, which is posted on their website. Isn't this just like a sticker on your package saying "contains psilocybin mushroom spores"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinesporesourceV
vendor
Re: spore source return address [Re: shrooms452]
    #4533663 - 08/14/05 01:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Our return address is:
SSC PO Box 608606
Orlando FL 32608
What could you possibly infer from that?

All vendors have a return address posted on their website.
You might be forgetting that we are selling a legal product, for a legal purpose.

--------------------
www.sporesource.com

Invisiblewhosayswhat
hey guys!
Loc: Lost
Re: spore source return address [Re: sporesource]
    #4538265 - 08/15/05 04:07 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i've ordered from sporesource a few times. no problem here what so ever. Spores looked very good. Sporesource is a great vendor. (my personal Favorite.) Admins and Mods, screen vendors before they can advertise on here. your safe with any of the vendors here.

one last thing I'd like to add is that sporesource destroys all records of your order as well :smile:

--------------------
:cuckoo: <--me--> :cuckoo:

Offline3826 Handel
Foreign Body
 User Gallery

Loc: Between Mars and Jupiter
Re: spore source return address [Re: whosayswhat]
    #8924360 - 09/13/08 06:18 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry to revive this old thread but I felt this topic was still relevant.
Quote:

sporesource said:
Our return address is:
SSC PO Box 608606
Orlando FL 32608
What could you possibly infer from that?

Quote:

I realize this was covered in the "Suppliers, please think" thread ( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4720345#4720345 )...but that thread was closed before anyone could mention that as long as you have a return address someone could google it and find out what your hobby is.

Stupid paranoia?
Maybe, but there really are nosy mail carriers (esp in small towns) and bored UPS Store Managers with access to the internet.
The series 'Never Get Busted Again' (produced by a former DEA agent) even notes that the DEA is *paying* Mail Carriers commissions to inform on their customers.

In this case I feel it's *definitely* better safe than sorry!

Who wants a SWAT team throwing flash grenades through your window and threatening you with guns in front of your dog because they mistakenly thought you were growing illegal mushrooms?

Not me.

Unfortunately the only option I see for someone wishing to study spores is to *really* trust your supplier, ask them to print *no* return address on your package (if they can even do this?) and hope it doesn't get 'lost in the mail'...or you could get a PO Box and fill in the application with an address you *may* not be living at for long. And have your mail from that old address forwarded to the PO Box.

Of course if this is illegal you shouldn't do it.

--------------------

Edited by 3826 Handel (09/13/08 06:52 PM)

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Re: spore source return address [Re: 3826 Handel]
    #8926315 - 09/14/08 01:23 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe, but there really are nosy mail carriers (esp in small towns) and bored UPS Store Managers with access to the internet.
The series 'Never Get Busted Again' (produced by a former DEA agent) even notes that the DEA is *paying* Mail Carriers commissions to inform on their customers.

Police agencies would need a bit more than a mail carrier telling them that you had spores sent to your house for a warrant, especially when those spores are legal to purchase.

Quote:

Stupid paranoia?

Not until you made this statement:

Quote:

Who wants a SWAT team throwing flash grenades through your window and threatening you with guns in front of your dog because they mistakenly thought you were growing illegal mushrooms?

:rofl2:  I would hate to have my dog see that!

If it does happen, I can give you the number of a good therapist that deals with canine PTSD. :smirk:

Quote:

Unfortunately the only option I see for someone wishing to study spores is to *really* trust your supplier, ask them to print *no* return address on your package (if they can even do this?) and hope it doesn't get 'lost in the mail'...or you could get a PO Box and fill in the application with an address you *may* not be living at for long. And have your mail from that old address forwarded to the PO Box.

Packages without a return address will raise much more of a red flag to postal carriers than packages with one.

If you're that paranoid that the gestapo will be waiting outside your house when you get that package, use a fake name with your shipping address. When the package arrives, cross your address off of the package and write "return to sender" on it. Leave the package by your front door. When your door gets kicked in and the flash grenades send your dog into shock, you can simply show them the package you had no intention of opening since it didn't have your name on it. They'll clean everything up, fix your door and pet your dog until he calms down.

Seriously bro, I've ordered spores many times before and haven't had any Blackhawk helicopters flying around, so you should be OK.

--------------------

Offline3826 Handel
Foreign Body
 User Gallery

Re: spore source return address [Re: FooMan]
    #8927163 - 09/14/08 05:47 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Typical for this site.

--------------------

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8928128 - 09/14/08 01:19 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Glad you have a sense of humor :smile:

--------------------

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: African Jungle
Re: spore source return address [Re: FooMan]
    #8929170 - 09/14/08 05:53 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

get them sent to your grandmas house.

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Psilocybe comes from the Greek root "psilos" meaning bald head and Cubensis because it was first recognized as a new species from specimens collected in Cuba.

:mushroom2:CHIP:mushroom2:

Offline3826 Handel
Foreign Body
 User Gallery

Re: spore source return address [Re: tripchip]
    #8932810 - 09/15/08 01:31 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:yawn:
S.O.S.

I was just pointing out that as long as you have *a* return address ...the jig is up.

I do have a sense of humor and find it endlessly entertaining
when people repeat my jokes back to me as if they told them first.

Even worse than frightening my dog (or being humiliated in front of my dog...the only one who looks up to me :smirk:)...would be a flash grenade in my dear old grannie's house.

The idea about writing "Return To Sender" and waiting etc was covered in "Never Get Busted Again"...good tip though.

I still think using an old address for your PO Box application is the best plan so far...for those better-safe-than-sorry types out there.
It's not 'fool-proof' but...

By the way, Ripple/Roadkill, feel free to deleat or move this thread...or my comments... if they are straying too far from sponsor related topics and closer towards security related issues.

--------------------

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8934430 - 09/15/08 06:35 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You need 2 forms of ID to get a PO box. Here are the requirements straight from the post office:

"In order to pick up your PO Box keys and box number (reserved and paid for online), you must present two items of valid identification to the Post Office; one item must contain a photograph. Social Security cards or credit cards and birth certificates are unacceptable as identification. The following are acceptable identification:

Valid driver's license or state non-driver's identification card
Armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card
Passport, alien registration card, or certificate of naturalization
Current lease, mortgage, or deed of trust
Voter or vehicle registration card
Home or vehicle insurance policy
The identification presented must be current. It must contain sufficient information to confirm that the applicant is who he or she claims to be and must be traceable to the bearer.

So unless you have a fake ID with a different name, your name will still be associated with the box regardless of the address you used. It wouldn't be too hard for the post office or law enforcement to figure out your new address based on the forms of ID you have to present.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Re: spore source return address [Re: shrooms452]
    #8937933 - 09/16/08 09:31 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
dead horse

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum