Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerooster
journeyman
Cobweb on Casing?! Please say noooooo....
    #453184 - 11/09/01 07:01 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

so my casin is growing great. i've got a bunch of little guys who look like the veil's about to break in the next couple of days and i was looking forward to a very exciting weekend excursion next weekend. I've been waiting 3 months for this. but just now i looked in my rubbermaid and some of the mycelium beneath a few of the clusters of shrooms seems to be turning very slightly gray. The thing is, it's not a new wispy gray growth over top of what was there, there's some fuzz at the base of the tallest stand of shroomies which has turned light gray and a patch which grew up extremely rhizomorphic when the casing first colonized where the white strands are a little bit gray now. is this cobweb? am i screwed? can i pick what i have now and still eat them if it is cobweb? is cobweb extremely poisonous? man o man i really really hope i can still eat these guys....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerooster
journeyman
Re: Cobweb on Casing?! Please say noooooo.... [Re: rooster]
    #453191 - 11/09/01 07:05 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

so i've read some recent posts on this subject. my casing is fruiting and is in some light at least 12 hours a day. the light is never direct and harsh though. the windown in my rubbermaid isn't huge, and the overhead light nor the sun ever shines directly on the casing. i can definitely see the shrooms though when i stand above them. does this rule out cobweb cause it doesn't grow in light. will spraying with baking soda/water like puscle suggest be a bad idea now that i've got some almost mature fruits? please help me... i'm going to panic soon!

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #453729 - 11/10/01 07:39 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Cobweb will too grow in light! Go ahead and spray if you want, if it's cobweb, it'll dissolve immediately. Try it on a small area. Still, that doesn't sound like cobweb.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #453877 - 11/10/01 01:15 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Check your Rh, it could be high humidity inside your terrarium causing the mycelium to grow like that, if it's indeed cobweb, spray it with H2o2/H2O solution that it will surely go away.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum