Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

Loc: in the forest, behind the...
Favorite Variety
    #4530913 - 08/13/05 07:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

What is your favorete variety? Or what would you suggest? I've grown a few different kinds of shrooms from spores that I got from PF. Ho-hum.
I'm going to grow again, but I don't know what. Any suggestions on variety? Any suggestion on spore vendor?
I suppose that I'm looking for a combination of heavy visuals and profound psychological elements.
Give me your best advice. Thanks.

--------------------
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Favorite Variety [Re: Axiom420]
    #4530918 - 08/13/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Any cubie on horse poo will do you good. Its more about how you grow it, then what you grow. Unless you want to move to another species, but that still requires dung.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Favorite Variety [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4530989 - 08/13/05 08:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've been sticking to mexicube just because they go nuts for millet/ wbs, colonize so goddamn fast. Fastest colonizing cubie IME.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Favorite Variety [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4531115 - 08/13/05 09:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

See, thats the part that really makes me wonder. Everyone says they are all the same,(and Im not saying your wrong), so if they are than why even bother with anything else than treasure coast, or golden teacher, or whatever? I just dont get it.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Favorite Variety [Re: FungusMan]
    #4531190 - 08/13/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i find each strain to have their own little differences, although their differences may be subtle but still some difference.
my fav is the lipa yai right now (has been for sometime). great body buzz, auditory and visual hallucinations are outstanding. mexis (tapalpa) were also very good with not as much auditory as the lipa yai but the visuals were as good. i found the b+ to be very visual, no auditory at all but carried a great body buzz/vibrations.
just choose a strain and go with it and then try another one and then another, you will find one to suit you. i think everyone metabolizes them differently giving different highs.

peace

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Favorite Variety [Re: backupwards]
    #4531303 - 08/13/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There are definate differences...but the problem is you cant match a name to the difference. There are to many fuckups along the way of record keeping, and mixed strains, and contaminations, and differing substrains WITHIN the strain, that its impossible to put any labels on any particular name of a strain. I suggest if your going for a few grows to try out 3 or 4 and see which does you best in your environment (everyone will be different) and see which they like to be the best. Generally all cubes grown on horse poo will knock you on your ass, but there are still differences in shape, fruiting, yield, and differences in trip..but until you actually grow out a spore print, your not gonna know what its gonna do. Either way, they'll all do pretty good.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Favorite Variety [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4531436 - 08/13/05 11:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

scatmanrav said: Generally all cubes grown on horse poo will knock you on your ass

so what thay are grown on can determine thir potancy? or the kind of shrooms that seem to thrive on horse poo are just more potent?

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Favorite Variety [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4531640 - 08/14/05 12:36 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

What they are grown on determines the potency a great deal. Cubensis grown on PF cakes wont have the same kick as ones grown in manure.

There is also a dung loving species that only (mostly) fruits on dung (unlike cubensis which fruits on many things), cope cyans. They are QUITE potent, 1-1.5 grams is to much for most people. They require a bit of understand of cultivation before attempting, but starting by spawning cubies to horse poo is a good way to go. 2-3 grams of my cubies on poo are enough to be to much for alot people as well.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation