Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Going away...will they be ok? (that rhymed)
    #4529115 - 08/13/05 03:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going away for 3 days starting 2morrow afternoon and I wanted to know how badly that would damage my grows. They are currently in casings and newly birthed cakes but have no primordia yet. Will they be ok or is there something I can do to keep them good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Going away...will they be ok? (that rhymed) [Re: Newbie]
    #4529324 - 08/13/05 05:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

if you have some kind of auto air exchange that would be great but if not you should still be ok for a few days.
give them a misting before you go and hopefully (newbie kneels and prays) they will be ok. sure they will.
peace

Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
Re: Going away...will they be ok? (that rhymed) [Re: Newbie]
    #4529427 - 08/13/05 06:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You may end up with a bunch of fatasses. I had worked a double shift two days ago, came home and went to bed. So there was no air exchange for 24+ hours. My cakes had started pinning during that time and every one of them appear to be fatasses. I have been doing extra air exchanges now to see if I can reverse this but as they grow they continue to stay that way. Oh well, I like big butts anyway. Good luck to ya  :grin:
Toadstools

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Going away...will they be ok? (that rhymed) [Re: toadstools]
    #4529491 - 08/13/05 07:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I left a casing for 3 days and found i got more than usual over colinisation of the casing, ie without the FAE it didnt seem to enter the pinning stage quite as quick and the myc continued to grow, you should still be ok for a couple days thou, just might not get optimal results...

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Going away...will they be ok? (that rhymed) [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4529834 - 08/13/05 10:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I hear you man, I got 8 nice bulk casings, that will be ready to pin in a few days if I case and fruit them now...while I'm away for 5 days :rolleyes:..and they've been colonized for a few already, so I have a choice of leaving them sit an extra 2 weeks or fruit them while I'm gone with a roommate whos only half assed at taking care of "things"..whata bitch..

It depends on what part of the grow your at, hopfully they'll be ok, both mine and yours :smile: Auto air exchange and humidity would help you out lots..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds